It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Seen This Before

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's not unusual for us to see trails in the sky left by jets. Whether they are weather modification or otherwise,I will leave up to those members who have researched it more in depth. This past weekend while returning home from running errands my husband and I were driving down the highway,clear blue sky and we spotted a jet leaving a white trail behind it and quickly following a black line across the sky. Now I did search a few threads here and most declared it a shadow of the trail. Nonsense unless the plane we saw was traveling into it's own shadow. The time was mid day and the white trail appeared to start before the sun on our view,go underneath it and continue across the sky. It only left our vision when the black trail was completely filled in. We were traveling north east at the time. The incident lasted a good five minutes. So,never having seen this before,wth was it?
edit on 28-4-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Did you have a picture of what you saw?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: UngaBungga

If I did I would have posted it. I know how skeptical members are. We were driving first off,and for no reason would I bring my camera or video recorder out to buy groceries. My cell phone I left with my daughter who was watching over our younger children,in case of emergency.
edit on 28-4-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UngaBungga

Several years ago...on a cloudless day in the middle of winter with the sun nearly straight up.... about 1 o'clock I saw a jet flying at cruising altitude... leaving a long con or chemtrail behind it as it flew....a faint but definite "shadow" was visible some distance below the aircraft in the middle of the sky. This baffled me, also.

edit on 28-4-2014 by UngaBungga because: I made a "oopsy"

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

That is a contrail shadow

Like other clouds they (contrails) cast shadows...the shadow falls on a thin lower layer of cirrus cloud...

Could be this.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It's a shadow. There is a type of cloud that I can't remember the name of that is so thin you can't see it most of the time. That's what the shadow is being cast on.

I've seen this a lot, and it's just a shadow.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
sounds like they were clearing a path with some classified technology. It wouldn't really be that hard to do. Electromagnetic energy pulses might work to clear a port hole in the sky. I wouldn't think they would be doing that out in public, but oh yeah, most people are blind anyway and would not notice it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Yes...except that the shadow was about 10 to 15 degrees lower than the actual aircraft. Mystery solved!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ok,well there were no clouds,anywhere. And the white trail was clearly following the dark one. Quite quickly too .Not underneath it or appearing behind it. The dark line was as straight as if someone took a pencil and drew a line across a clear blue sky. Bothers me too though that when I see the white trails sometimes I don't see the plane. Was the same this time.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Because the pilots are so intoxicated by the chems they need a black line they can follow so they know which way to go.

Did the black line appear to be another trail, or something else?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Not the same as yours but this was the first time we had seen this a few weeks back, interesting to see.

edit on 28-4-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It was definitely another trail. And our perspective showed the plane following it/ covering it up.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

See,that would appear to be the shadow of the trail. We clearly saw the dark line go from one side of the sky to the other. It was actually what we spotted first. Then the plane came into view after cover up/ traveling over about 1/4 of the darker line. We were awestruck by this because we are always looking up at the trails and had never seen a dark one before,let alone a jet follow it leaving a white trail.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UngaBungga
a reply to: youdidntseeme

Yes...except that the shadow was about 10 to 15 degrees lower than the actual aircraft. Mystery solved!

Depending on the distance between the trail and the cloud level, as well as the viewer's perspective, it could be any number of degrees lower. or it could be directly in line. A lot of variables factor into it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I understand the link,and claims of it being a shadow. It wasn't. Imho,if it was wouldn't the plane be moving away from it leaving a white trail that turns dark? We witnessed a dark trail,with a plane traveling one end to the other leaving a white trail. Even as it passed under the sun,the white trail remained where only minutes before the plane flew over the same dark line. All my years of looking up and I have seen all kinds of trails in various patterns. Nothing like this. Only feasible suggestion I have is that the plane was following the dark trail / shadow? Left behind by a previous jet that we did not see. Either way I have not seen a jet directly follow another trail either. Usually they make their own.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes it can happen, and is a matter of you not perceiving the actual perspective of what going on. It's an optical illusion that works something like this (pardon the poor graphics):

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Only feasible suggestion I have is that the plane was following the dark trail / shadow?
When the sun is lined up with the path of the plane the shadow of the contrail is cast in front of the path the plane is following.

Think of your shadow on the ground when you are walking with the Sun at your back. Are you following the path of your shadow?

edit on 4/28/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The first video looks correct. However,we watched it pass from one end of the sky,past the sun and across to the other. Would that not change the view if it were a shadow,especially since we were in a moving vehicle at the time? Also,it was mid day and the sun was directly in the middle of our windshield for most of the drive. How does the shadow expand out on both sides of the sun? Especially with the plane at the far end of the sky,and the shadow reaching to the other side? I would understand,if the sun was setting from behind the plane,causing the shadow to stretch far outfront,as you gave in your example.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join