It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA plans trip to Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why cant the U.S., China and other countries just work together to get to the moon and mars? It`d be alot easier and better economically for every country envolved.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Yes, people were talking about observatories on the moon. Perfect for raido astronomy. Put up a large dish on the dark side of the moon and there will be literally no interference from earth.

To who ever said about puting the bases underground great idea. But rember alpha radiation can be stoped with a sheet of paper, and beta with like a normal wall, but Gama needs something like 6 feet of concrete to be negated. ( I think?)

any way gama is alot more.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat69
Why cant the U.S., China and other countries just work together to get to the moon and mars? It`d be alot easier and better economically for every country envolved.

cooperation hurts competition. itd be a lot better for the US if we did it all. itd be a lot better for China if they did it all. working together is the way to go, and we are to some extent, but for now its a mostly national thing, although the private enterprises are working to bring that to an end.

a little nationalism here and there is good, especially in the long run, for a global union, odd as it may seem.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

believe what you will, but they went. this theory has been thoroughly debunked by everyone. [url=http://homepages.wmich.edu/~korista/moonhoax2.html[/url] its brilliantly written.

it is written in the same fashion as all the other debunkers and is by no means brilliant. First of all the fox film wasnt good, second, that debunker just avoids the main issues, and gives no specifics. www.xenophilia.com... I find this website more reasonable. One part of the moon landing thats never been mentioned is google search results. Google uses link popularity (ie how many sites are linking to that one) to rate their page index. if you type moon landing in google, you do not get the expected, 1969 was mankinds greatest day ever nasa website, you get a conspiracy site done by a purported highschool student who says something along the lines of, i dont know anything about science or cameras or anything, but, here goes anyways... The following 50 websites are all debunking the first... then theres real moon conspiracy websites... how did this highschool students website get above nasa.org? impossible

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
thank americans...

in the link it says:

"With polls showing Americans desire of space exploration, NASA has received the green signal from Congress to carry out voyages to Moon and eventually to Mars."

thank you...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by afklop
it is written in the same fashion as all the other debunkers and is by no means brilliant. First of all the fox film wasnt good, second, that debunker just avoids the main issues, and gives no specifics. www.xenophilia.com... I find this website more reasonable. One part of the moon landing thats never been mentioned is google search results. Google uses link popularity (ie how many sites are linking to that one) to rate their page index. if you type moon landing in google, you do not get the expected, 1969 was mankinds greatest day ever nasa website, you get a conspiracy site done by a purported highschool student who says something along the lines of, i dont know anything about science or cameras or anything, but, here goes anyways... The following 50 websites are all debunking the first... then theres real moon conspiracy websites... how did this highschool students website get above nasa.org? impossible

what?! im sorry, but i didnt follow most of that, nor do i see how google results relate to moon landings.

anyway, first off, i was quoting the headline. second off, i totally posted the wrong article. THIS is the link i wanted, and this one i like, very much. sry for the confusion.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
:double post:

ps - anyone know why i cant edit some of my entries?

[edit on 11/29/2004 by Amorymeltzer]

[edit on 11/29/2004 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've always said that if the US and China ever actually come to blows, it will be over the moon. I hope I'm wrong about it coming to that but I'm very glad we're gearing back up to go. It's about fewkin time. The human race is always in danger until we get some of us living off of this planet.

I've always planned to retire on the moon in a low grav enviorment. I was worried about the time frame but looks like Bush may be giving me another good reason as to why I voted for him.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I've always said that if the US and China ever actually come to blows, it will be over the moon. I hope I'm wrong about it coming to that but I'm very glad we're gearing back up to go. It's about fewkin time. The human race is always in danger until we get some of us living off of this planet.

I've always planned to retire on the moon in a low grav enviorment. I was worried about the time frame but looks like Bush may be giving me another good reason as to why I voted for him.

get a backup plan.

i hope our blows are over the moon, and not something worse. i hope our blows arent even that, but if they are, i hope its something closer to the peaceful spectrum.

we could always kill half the population. not a very popular idea, but it works, cheaper too.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Are they really going to the moon this time
or are they going to be using the same undisclosed location (area 51) to film the landing?

Come on now! dgtempe, if you don't believe astronauts went to the moon the first time, what makes you believe they'll go this time?

I know a lot of people that believe the whole thing was phony, but I for one, know that man has gone and set foot on the moon.

It's about time that Congress get off their duffs and appropriate funding for this timely endeavor.

Like Spacedoubt says, an observatory on the far-side of the moon would be the ideal place to block out any man-made "noise" that hinders the search for ETs.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Wow i am truly amazed by how ignorant i am. until i read this thread i had no idea that we haven't stepped foot on the moon in 35yrs. What is all this that says that Due to the fact polls show that people are interested in space exploration they are gonna send someone to the moon? I mean Did congress sleep through the BaJillion SPace shows and movies that came out? IF we haven't physically been there in 35yrs , wouldn't that be a waiste of the moon? even if it was expensive, Even one trip in the last 35yrs would've made sense. why would NASA have lost interest? an observatory would make sense there on the dark side.

ANd why the hell would we spend billions on sending rovers to mars, and not have already sent something like that to the moon? or like at least a dozen of those? constantly sending feedbackto the earth, even if it is only dirt and rocks?

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
From our astronauts that landed on the moon stating they had been watched the whole time they were on the moon and got a very strong indication that the message implied by the presence of alien craft seen during these encounters was that the moon was theirs and they (our astronauts) felt like trespassers. Maybe why more attention went to mars.

But it does make more sense to set something up on our moon first as a precurser to making any attempt to mars.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwunder
it does make more sense to set something up on our moon first as a precurser to making any attempt to mars.

weelll, it does. if your motives extend beyond standing on mars, that is, which they should.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

IntelEarthling
Like Spacedoubt says, an observatory on the far-side of the moon would be the ideal place to block out any man-made "noise" that hinders the search for ETs.

I thing "listening" for ET's is one of the biggest waste of time and money. Want an example Arecibo, in its 40+ year search it has found nothing. It only had one hit several years back, but it couldn't be confirmed by anyone so basically its like it never happened. They now speculate that the transmission they picked up was possibly one alien spaceship communicating to another alien spaceship.
, (Hey Arecibo people! No more coffee for you)

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
I thing "listening" for ET's is one of the biggest waste of time and money. Want an example Arecibo, in its 40+ year search it has found nothing. It only had one hit several years back, but it couldn't be confirmed by anyone so basically its like it never happened. They now speculate that the transmission they picked up was possibly one alien spaceship communicating to another alien spaceship.
, (Hey Arecibo people! No more coffee for you)

i dont think thats completely fair, and a number of people agree with me, but more people probably agree with you, anyway.

We haven't found nothing. We've found millions of places that don't have life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join