It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA plans trip to Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
After the thumbs up from Congress, NASA gets $16.2 B and will now make plans to send robots and humans to the moon. Ultimately leading to a moon base.

www.earthtimes.org...

With polls showing Americans desire of space exploration, NASA has received the green signal from Congress to carry out voyages to Moon and eventually to Mars.

NASA had earlier requested $16.2 billion in funds from Congress. With their request granted, they are now in a discussion with President Bush�s to send robots and humans to the Moon and Mars. United States is seeking foreign partners to collaborate with them to save money and avoid wasteful duplication.

Sorry wrong forum, could a mod please move to space exploration.

[edit on 28-11-2004 by valkeryie]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thank you so much for this info. Its some of the best news ive had in a long time.

What makes me even more happy about that article is the fact that a majority of americans wanted it. AH yes so it begins!

i have been waitng almost all my life for a return to the moon.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Thats great hopefully we can get sume meaningful information from this and not just unuseful randomness

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
talk is cheap. theyve bin talking since the 70s. im waiting for something to happen.

good find though

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
wants everyone is so they can manipulate the data the way they want, countries are much better off on their own so they may release what they see fit to the public!

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
talk is cheap. theyve bin talking since the 70s. im waiting for something to happen.

good find though

I Agree, saying is one thing, doing is another.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwunder
wants everyone is so they can manipulate the data the way they want, countries are much better off on their own so they may release what they see fit to the public!

wha? i got blind-sided by the lack of english to begin with, but after that i got it. NASA, imho, is really being a very unbiased point of view. im sure there is some distortion, some thiings hidden, but thats not necessarily a bad thing.

anyway, countries are on their own. thats why they're countries, as in separate. what i think you mean to say, judging by your sig, is that the people should have free access to everything, which, is a nice idea, and i respectfulyl disagree.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I never understood why anyone at NASA would want to hide anything. Say they found evidence of life on Mars or something eles really amazing they would get so much more funding.

About going back to the moon I heard this is becuase of something called Helium 3 that is a amazing energy source found on the moon.

This stuff has been called the "perfect fuel source" extremely potent, nonpolluting, with virtually no radioactive by-product.

I think this is why China, US and other countries seem to be interested in the moon. Its going to be a race to the next gen Middle East for fuel the Moon.

www.space.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That is great news. I do hope, as the article hints, that it can be done as a multinational effort. I also suspect that with today's computing power, advanced materials and technology, etc., it should be a much easier task than back in the 60s. Wow, I can't believe it was 40 years ago and that its taken this long to get back to it. And yes, I did see the first moon landing, between shifts of my summer job.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I think they will do it this time. China says that they intend to place a moon base over the next few years and the USA can not afford to give up the ultimate high ground. whoever controls the moon controls the Earth, read "the Moon is a Harsh Mistress" By Robert Heinlein to see what a war with the moon would be like. We would have to lift a payload from the bottom of Earths gravity well and they could just throw rocks that impacted with a nuclear sized effect.

The USA will not allow any other country to control it. It is a shame that we are going after it for that reason but its better than no reason at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Are they really going to the moon this time
or are they going to be using the same undisclosed location (area 51) to film the landing?

Are they going to send back live pictures of a hazy moon or are they going to show us the "real" stuff on the moon, minus the touch ups?

Will the American flag they plant this time wave or hang?

It would be nice to get the truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Are they really going to the moon this time
or are they going to be using the same undisclosed location (area 51) to film the landing?

Are they going to send back live pictures of a hazy moon or are they going to show us the "real" stuff on the moon, minus the touch ups?

Will the American flag they plant this time wave or hang?

It would be nice to get the truth.

believe what you will, but they went. this theory has been thoroughly debunked by everyone. [url=http://homepages.wmich.edu/~korista/moonhoax2.html[/url] its brilliantly written.

Amuk, i whole heartedly agree. i guess i might have come across slightly pessimistic, thatll be from the work overlord ive got going on right now. i think this will actualyl go through. there will probably be bumps, jumps, whatevers along the way, cuz hey, this aint easy. plus, other problems will present themselves that draw resources away from it, but i think it will persist. i eagerly await seeing someone on the moon again.

eager doesnt even do it justice.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm ready for "SpaceRace" Episode II.
35 years is a long time to wait.

I hope to see people walking on the surface ASAP.
There is a lot more to be learned, so I hope we stay.
What a GREAT place for an observatory too..

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
What a GREAT place for an observatory too

aint that the truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A permanent presence on the moon could open up sooooo many possibilities. I can't wait to see some CLEAR pics and video soon!
I just hope I live to actually see it, I know my children will

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Maybe this is stupid and you all have debunked this. Tell me if you have. But isn't there supposed to be some alien structures on the moon already? I thought it was a secret the government was hiding. Wouldn't this expose that secret?

Or has all that Neil Armstrong, etc. talk been proven false?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

good find though

Um,

Maybe people have been talking since the 70's, but this is a new idea. Proposed on national TV by the president recently. Talk is cheap.....17 billion dollars in funding isn't.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
well they have the nessery funding now and we have the tek so as long as we dont Nuk ourselfs or getinto a bigger war then we have going now .(good luck on this).
five years from today tops we could be there . But on the other hand if it starts looking like china going to be there in three in that case we will then be there in less then three as manny have already pointed out its a different ball game now . Befor it was just who can do it .now its were moving in and The us wont take the chance of china getting the upper hand and even if china does we will be a step behind so they cant get to much of and edge.
the new MAD has begon but this time it wont take trillions upone trillions of $$ only one or two bases with a magnitic rail and 60 pounds or rocks loaded on it ever two seconds to do the trick.
In five minits you have launched thousands of rocks that compair to nuks upon impact but the enime cant shoot them down (a) and there NO electronices to scrambel.
Bad news all around. To bad this isent science were taking about.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
if its 17 bilion dollar then we will get around 102 bilion dollar back..
it has been a fact from the apollo era. for every dollar put in to the program
6 dollars came back in all technology and patents for this tech also the resources ect.

its not the question is it cheap but how much we whil get in return and that will be mayor. mass production in space with space resources makes everything less expensive.

robots will filter the moons resources in fuel, water, oxygen, and silicum
the last will be used to make walls roofs and solar cells and other equipment.
radiation will be dealt with the help of electro static fields and other tech. its all on the web how to do it and all tech is allready here its only adepting it and sending it there.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The radation? O come now The base will be built mostly blow ground 6 inches of moon rock or dust over any building containg humans will be more the sufichent to proteck you from the most violent sun flare we get.
Theres little tek we need on that end .the most important thing is not to be out side during and passing solar flare. and thous usaly only last minits. even thouge it can be one then another a few minits later on the suns active cycle . But even durning the suns active cycle it is unussal for it to last days . One bad day a week or even two straght a week then a lua for a month . Right now the suns the most acctive we have ever recorded and wile its impressive to say the lest it wont be a problem for this new moon drive.
Ps Make sure you launch the ship using earth to block the sun so any flare during transit is asurbed by earth protecting the ship and crew.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join