It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overnight trip to Brown Mountain North Carolina 3 May 2014

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: Pladuim

We are going to plan one thats not so short notice, this way EVERYONE that wants to come can attend

I just happened to be in the area and with all the talk about Brown Mt. I thought I'd just drive out. Spent 3 hours observing, nothing unusual. I would like to add that close to Brown Mt. is an area well known for gems. Quartz can be found everywhere.

www.hauntedsociety.com...

m.youtube.com...

Plad

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Okay resurrecting this thread, I still wanna plan the trip for a September weekend, it will still be decent weather so it wont be too chilly
Anyone wanna help me plan this? I think we should rent out one huge campsite or multiple campsites all adjoining each other

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
Im in. Where we goin?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Brown Mountain North Carolina. Home of the Brown Mountain Lights and where the movie Alien Abduction was filmed

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Has any time been set for this? I'm trying to get my husband on board. We don't have a reliable vehicle, so I've been pestering that we could rent an rv or vehicle to drive down in.

If I can't get him on board, I'll see if my mom wants to take the trip with me. But when is the trip being planned for?

~ Cirque

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I was looking to see what I could find and I came across a little info that needs to be considered if this is planned for the Linville Gorge or Wiseman's View area.

The U.S. Forest Service Grandfather Ranger District only gives permits to 50 users per night for weekend camping in the Linville Gorge Wilderness Area of Pisgah National Forest. A permit is required for camping on weekends (Friday and Saturday) and on holidays from May 1 through October 31. Permits are not required for Sunday night camping, except when the following Monday is a holiday. No permit is needed for weekday camping. All campers are limited to a two-night and three-day stay at Linville Gorge. Day use permits are not required. Forest staff will be in the gorge throughout the summer checking for compliance with permit requirements. Permits are issued from the district ranger's office by mail or in person. District offices can permit 35 users per night by reservation or walk-in.

Linville Gorge and Wiseman's View

edit on 24-7-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Anyone interested in this trip, lets get together and have either a chatroom conference or skpye chat this weekend sometime, I'm good for anytime all weekend

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Homer, I'm meeting the family at Sugar Mountain for Christmas week this year. 'Sure would be nice to escape on a light-viewing expedition. 'Still thinking of going?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

Yes I am, not for an overnight trip tho, maybe a late night viewing thing, been too busy to work on this lol

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah, no worries. 'Can't do an overnighter either, but it seems a shame for me to go all the way from California to Grandfather Mountain and not pay a visit to the local ETs. Maybe we can see if some ATSers are interested in an evening viewing session as the date gets closer. Cheers!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Did you ever get to make the trip to Brown Mountain Homer?

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

unfortunately no, noone ever showed the interest....

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

You NEED to go maaaan!!!!
Just DO IT!!!
Fix a date, then see if anyone can tag along?

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well took us a year to get there but wow what a beautiful area. Last weekend we stopped by for the night in blowing rock on our way to Florida. Took the blue ridge parkway up and damn I can't believe how fast some people haul on there with the minimal guard rails, I was white knuckling it in some spots!! Definitely going back without the kids in tow to have a more through look.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join