It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overnight trip to Brown Mountain North Carolina 3 May 2014

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.
Hey I go to Atlantic city all the time!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: Bachrk
I meant to ask you, what media do your cameras record on? If it's an SD or USB, I'd love the footage to put into a video

Olympus E-5 12.3MP Digital SLR (SD / SDHC / SDXC) CF Type I/II along w/some awesome high power lenses, Sony video, FLIR (for my own entertainment
) It does take good ground pics, and some other gadgets.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
That's really the only thing NJ has to offer. Location....lol....close to A.C., the beaches, and also the city & mountains.....This trip will be great Homer! We actually prefer the Mountains every year we vacation, so throwing a weekend in to go to N.C., FUN!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is gonna get big!
Who all is confirming they will be here so far?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bachrk

Yep you could be a serial killer but so could I and I'm one hell of good shot.

Lol..the thought did cross my mind too...and the tent sharing thing..no disrespect OP.

Anonymous forum and all that.

Not that i could have come, 4000 miles is a bit far to travel for a weekend campout!

I would've if i lived closer.

Shouldn't all you guys that are going have you know, some kind of recognition codeword worked out?

In case some weirdo happens to be at the same place and you assume they're from ATS...hang on, that won't work, we're all pretty weird on ATS!

Have a great time you guys, hope you catch something interesting.
edit on 29-4-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Do you have a place that you guys can camp out at for the weekend? Some places are off limits. Did you check ahead of time? I'd hate for you all to stumble onto private property and get in trouble.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm in for the September trip, but since it's a 10 hr. Drive, we will stay Friday night & Saturday night. I'm not worried about strangers. We've camped all along the east coast & into NY & PA. Strangers all over, whatcha gonna do...not worried about it....I think once we all give our nics on here, we'll know who's who...no worries here. Besides, others not able to make it, can kinda help keep tabs on us, check ins & things of that nature probably sound like a good idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX
We have meet ups in the UK quite often. I've been to 5 or 6.

If you would like to get to know some of us Brits better....have a look at The Shed...just dive in....its a long thread, you'll get the hang of it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or have a look at this one to familiarise yourself with some of us...Calling All Brits...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

LMBO!! There will be no tent sharing! I might not even share a tent with the husband for that matter. It's bad enough I'm sleeping with the enemy. (he''s government) I trust him...but never too much...
We have a deal. I don't complain about his fishing and he humors me by attending my weird paranormal treks as my "equipment guy and bodyguard"

Homer-We'll know by tomorrow if he can get it all together for the 8hr drive. No doubt, September we're in, plus we'll have more extensive equipment as well. I'll pm you about this weekend.
edit on 29-4-2014 by Bachrk because: Edit queen

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

ok...you're getting obsessed with the teeth thing.

homey, if you can, get in the valley where those researchers got weird colors that aren't supposed to show up in their infrared and nightvision cameras from the lights.

Bring a wooden pole (non-conductive) to poke a light if it gets too close to see if it vaporizes what it touches which would explain the missing hunters tale.

Take care and good luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
oh and if you could, bring a drone with a camera in it...

I can only be with you in spirit, unfortunately

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Have fun and report back what you see.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
You should try to aquire a high power laser and see what happens when you shine it at the lights.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: knowwhat

I just recently asked Matty on AMA if he tried
communicating with the lights via flashlight or other.
He hasn't replied yet...that's one of the 1st things I
would do.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

edit on 29-4-2014 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Do you have a place that you guys can camp out at for the weekend? Some places are off limits. Did you check ahead of time? I'd hate for you all to stumble onto private property and get in trouble.

There is a KOA campground in Statesville NC, about a hours drive from Brown Mt. You can rent out a small cabin for around $56 that sleeps 4 people, or you can set up tents. Shower house and swimming pool available.

koa.com...

I'll be checking out Brown Mt. this Saturday, can't wait to see how my friends react when I tell them what where doing for our evening entertainment. Maybe you'll see me there if your going.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
a reply to: knowwhat

I just recently asked Matty on AMA if he tried
communicating with the lights via flashlight or other.
He hasn't replied yet...that's one of the 1st things I
would do.

Cheers
Ektar

I don't know if I'd do that if they have been abducting people. May be it would be wise to keep some distance and observe and snap some photos.

Don't forget the pics dang it!

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Camping stats.

Men = all in

Women = maybe but is there a toilet, shower, and place to do laundry nearby? Then......maybe

Homer have a great time. And post pics even if it's just hanging out by the campfire.

RT

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Don't forget to take a very shaky camera, something to make flashing lights at it, a couple of teenage loud screamers and some stills from 70's sci-fi movies...I don't believe I just watched the whole hour of it but hey was having dinner...however do let us know how the stars are looking from up there!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pladuim

You're welcome. Enjoy your weekend here

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join