It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Beyonce Knowles - Does it have a chance?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So, came across this and found it at first, silly and entertaining, but it actually did get me thinking

There is a...here, lemme source it first:

An organization in Atlanta,Georgia have founded a church called "The National Church of Bey" and they practice the religion Beyism (based on Beyoncé Knowles).They say they rather worship Beyonce than an invincible spirit(God)

I think they are serious. they are publishing bibles (beybles) and all sorts

The church’s founder, Pauline John Andrews, recently stated,
“We are very disappointed in the failure of the public to recognize the existence of a divine Deity walking among them. Deity’s often walk the Earth in their flesh form. Beyoncé will transcend back to the spirit once her work here on Mother Earth has been completed.”As our congregation continues to swell, we ask that you consider what is more real; an invisible spirit on high, or a walking, talking, breathing Goddess who shows you her true form daily? Beyoncé’s spirit is entrancing. We know that she was sent to this place to spread love, peace, and joy … Open your mind to new possibilities and you will see, just as we did, that Bey is a true higher power

So, is it possible? a deity in skin form wandering around the world preaching love and beauty (and maybe a bit of bump n grind)?

Not sure if this erm..religion..see's her as a knowing deity, or just a manifestation that is ignorant of her own nature.

At first it seems absurd, but if you consider like...every religion ever, such things are pretty commonplace and at times even central to the religion.
Could Beyoncé be a avatar of a deity? Is this religion silly yet (that other) religion is not? why or why not?

Anyhow, Church of Bey is of course seeking out more supporters to spread the word of Knowles'dge (see what I did there? hehe..I kill me).

admittedly, I can totally see a reasoning behind wanting this to be a goddess.

Honestly, I don't even know if this is just a joke, or if this could become super huge...imagine being frozen for 2k years, coming back, and the Beyble is the most popular religious book...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm surprised this hasn't happened before as much as singers/actors are worshiped on a daily basis.

This world is on the fast track to a real "Idiocracy"

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is either a publicity stunt or utter stupidity.

My money is on the former. Ugh.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
She's an Idol, If they think Beyoncé created the Universe, good luck to them.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
I'm surprised this hasn't happened before as much as singers/actors are worshiped on a daily basis.

This world is on the fast track to a real "Idiocracy"

Well, I don't see a major problem in it overall. Hubbard was a sci-fi writer after all and is revered as erm..something..now.
If there was say, an angel at least who wanted to get the world in some sort of harmonic frequency, what better way than through song and media...pop stars have a -lot- of influence over people..
A person screaming they are God incarnate or something would be ignored..but a person singing about love and joy while hitting the top 10 would get others thinking like that.

Stealth messaging.

The more I consider it, the more I like the idea..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I suspect only money lays behind this project. Either for rating up the former lady or leeching handful of dollars from the pocket of the overzobinized fellow. Like a 'Pizza', 'Beyonce' is a word of power, so why not to use it in a con manner? I do the same in the bar, 80% of my cocktail "Blue Insomnia" is pure water, yet the name drives the purchase.

edit on 28-4-2014 by Egoismyname because: The chubbchubbs, ye know

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
She's an Idol, If they think Beyoncé created the Universe, good luck to them.

Not sure if they think she created the universe...just an avatar of a deity (one of many / pagan is the theme I am getting).

Sure..why not.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Fastest way to cheat the system of taxes?

Declare yourself a clergy, put all your income as donations to your church, pay yourself a huge wad of cash tax free from it.

I Believe that how Tom Cruse gets paid, he has it in his contracts to Donate (at a tax break to them as well) to the church of Scientology, and than he collect it from them as a representative of the church.

So while I would go with Stupidity, or Marketing, it could just be genius...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

A person screaming they are God incarnate or something would be ignored..but a person singing about love and joy while hitting the top 10 would get others thinking like that.

Stealth messaging.

The more I consider it, the more I like the idea..

Anything too stupid to be said is sung - Voltaire

Sounds about right.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When Al Gore first grew his beard, there was a 'Church of Al Gore's Beard' on the internet. I just googled and couldn't find them. I guess they were a fad. I'm guessing this is too.

(Btw .. can't stand Al Gore, but he did look good in the beard
)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Anything too stupid to be said is sung - Voltaire

Sounds about right.

Pretty sure he was simply discussing popular trends verses actually singing..
discussion on how the smallest minds tend to have the largest mouths

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Not going to question the possibility of this being able to take flight. If only you could go back in time to take advantage of people 2000 years ago, without a doubt in my mind, you'd be successful.

Your best bet is to take your DTV remote with batteries and other simple technological gadgets to a primitive world, convince everyone you've got the powers of God, and that you'll return with batteries if they please you. Come back, expect stone temples and shrines.

TAKING ADVANTAGE

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Deity is displeased.

If we're going for fictional Deities,/Goddesses my money would be on. . .

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Seems like idol worship to me. I agree, Idiocracy. There is one for Kanye West as well.

Kanye West is a man who has always been surrounded by messianic words and imagery, from his Yeezus nickname to album track I Am A God and recruitment of a fake Jesus on his most recent tour. Well now he has his very own religion, in as much as a hastily cobbled-together website can be considered a religion.

article

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hmmm ... so the next Civ game I play, I may have to re-write my religion when I found it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The Deity is displeased.

If we're going for fictional Deities,/Goddesses my money would be on. . .

Ooh, Mother of Dragons. ok...I bow to your suggestion.
Problem is, Emily Clarke isn't as awesome as her character, so..totally unbelievable

Still, if Daenerys manifested into this reality, I would instantly replace my velvet Elvis painting(most holy of holies) with her pic....wonder if they have a velvet painting of her actually...hmm

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Hmmm ... so the next Civ game I play, I may have to re-write my religion when I found it.

"Let us twerk"

Sermons would be awesome! admit it

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Looks like comedy/parody/satire to me in the same vein as Discordianism and Church of the Sub Genius. It's really amazing how much time and effort people devote to things like that, but keeps them from wasting time with the TV I guess.

Or learning Klingon or writing haikus or something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

It would be best if I could somehow mod in a representation of beezer's "deity is displeased pic" for the symbol. Then I'd Civ happy.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Looks like comedy/parody/satire to me in the same vein as Discordianism and Church of the Sub Genius. It's really amazing how much time and effort people devote to things like that, but keeps them from wasting time with the TV I guess.

Or learning Klingon or writing haikus or something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Learning Klingon is a very important life skill!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join