I am so tired of the ignorance...from everyone!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail
Great Post! I Hear ya on this too! Someone here mentioned that it is some seem to switch to a mode of ,' well ok, thats kool but, did ya hear what pelosi did? or I think all dems are evil, etc...' when they see some political crap on tv. I had a thought of, hey maybe they have been hypnotised by something on the tube and go Stupid when a certain KeyWord sets them off. They have been Pre-Programmed to use the Dumb-Ass part of their brain when certain words are spoken......
I don't know really if that's what's been goin' on,but it sure seems that way to me......
It is def frustrating trying to talk about anything that really matters to some people.
They are clueless, and just when ya think they are turning the right corner onto reality street, they hit a PotHole and go BrainDead again. Lol!
Just my 2Cents. Syx.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I empathize fully with you! I get so frustrated trying to get my coworkers to simply remember all the times MSM, Politicians, Military reps, etc have lied - so these spokespeople are not to be trusted or their statements, claims, reports, etc are not be taken at face value and to always, always check a few other sources especially on important issues - and they just act like I'm some fruitcake spouting the most inane and hilarious gibberish!

I have even considered that I'm doing more harm than good trying to get them to be more wary of the official story and do research simply because it's me suggesting it and I have become - in their perceptions - a crazy conspiracy nut and paranoid the government is out to get us. It matters not how much evidence I present to them on past verified cases where the government/military has done horrible, horrible things not only to foreign peoples (civilians, children, even Americans abroad) - which apparently is somehow "not that bad really" (wtf?), to actual US Citizens on US soil (ie infecting minorities with diseases, exposing everyone who happens to be in poor sections of cities to radioactive particles spewed from the roof of hotels, etc etc - and I'm always met with the same reaction of disbelief, a sort of smirk that I'm crazy or not understanding these verified reports even tho they will not even acknowledge these reports, much less read over them themselves, and so on. It's so frustrating that I'm sometimes feel like I want to force them to read and research and realize this "stuff" is real and dangerous & deadly and actually could affect their own little safe worlds. But they won't. One time I got so frustrated that I asked them if they simply didn't want to know the truth of something, forget it is me giving them the starting link to research - and they all actually said they did not want to know! I think they were being truthful and not just sarcastic or ridiculing my assertion they couldn't handle the truth. It was a surreal moment.

So I think it us usually a combination of factors :
1- the truth is extremely disturbing not just for whatever the current issue may be, but also the wider and fuller implications.
2- regardless of how close to home past actually verifiable incidents can be shown to have affected people, many individuals have a belief that they (as well as their families) will somehow be excluded from any targeting or ill effects. It seems to be some aspect of nationalism or ethnocentric thinking, or even old fashioned racism, but I find it disturbing that the underlying thought process seems to be along the lines of "the US military might experiment of harm/kill some "foreigners" or in the US itself, might do horrific things to minorities, but good white God fearing citizens will of course be just fine. It's so ingrained a belief that I don't think they even realize they are thinking in such a manner. Any excuse that okay so bringing harm to innocent people or animals is deplorable, but to think it's somehow excusable if it's done to minorities or foreign peoples is absolutely repulsive and disturbing on so many levels that it turns my stomach.

I sometimes wonder if this us how extremist groups got started, even the Illuminati should they match the popular image we all seem to have of them: i.e. Did they look at all of us and feel that we were ignorant, self important snobs, so convinced of our worth and superiority that we not only would not believe any evidence to the contrary, but that our stays was so deeply believed as to be unquestionable. And the belief that something dark or contrary to the official storyline, timeline, party line, etc that bothering to research any dissenting views or evidence to the contrary is beneath consideration.

Sometimes it scares me that I can almost understand - or at least temporarily fantasize agreeing with them -the reason they want to wipe out 90% of the population! because it often seems that many people are irredeemably stupid, violent, idiotic and intolerant! Then I calm down a bit, realize my frustration may be partly because I'm being intolerant myself, and that I too once balked at so-called conspiracy theories. :-)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Ummm..................funny you should say that...I mean...I was under the impression that ATS was a for profit entertainment portal as well...

Methinks that some take themselves vis-à-vis...their online persona's and perceived ATS role....a tad TOO seriously...

Me............it's just infotainment....baby......................KWIM?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I honestly think that for many, the saying "Ignorance is bliss, applies. They don't want to face the fact they have been lied to and manipulated for most of their lives. It's easier to ignore what doesn't directly effect your day to day life and whether it's Harry Reid in Nevada or Putin in Russia, it doesn't effect people on a local level. Maybe they do realize, in some ways, that this country is crumbling and are just too afraid to take the blinders off and see the full extent of the damage.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's really nothing more than information overload and those who bombard everyone with a constant barrage of conflicting views and information know exactly what it is they are doing.

From personal experience I have come to realize that it is best to take note and consider at a later date instead of forming any beliefs at all, listen and consider and don't argue so much about what really amounts to nothing anyway.

It's meaningless and only presented to make a sale, hungy...eat, thirsty...drink, lonely...come to ATS and have a rewarding anonymous conversation with someone you will probably never meet, tired?...rest...

No matter what you believe, you are still paying somebody for everything you do and that is the desired end result.

Don't worry, someday it will be all over....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The problem is, some people can see the
Truth of the way things really are beyond the jingoism and empty slogans. Some people cannot, and some people choose not to. Unfortunately ,the whole thing IS rigged and the political stage is just theater for us to give us the illusion that there really isn't a ruling class running things, which of course there is.And there is all this talk of freedom when most of us are just free range slaves who can't survive past a couple paychecks. And the sad thing is it will continue this was long after most of us are dust.
edit on 2-5-2014 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I've recently run afoul of just how corrupt the current system is, and while I had my suspicions beforehand, this has proven it (or are they doing it BECAUSE I wasn't buying what they were selling). Either way, I have discovered just how the political system (I'm located - for now - in the UK) is abused and does not reflect the everyday man. It is geared towards those with fame and money, and anyone else is just surplus to requirements. Unless you are media savvy in this country you do not have a voice. There are lots of us that care about what is happening, however it appears as though we're drowned out by the masses that are happy as long as there is Football or an episode of 'Britain's Got Talent' on TV. It really is opium for the masses and no one even WANTS to wake up. We are cattle.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The correct term for what we are would more appropriately be "Chattel".

chat·tel noun ˈcha-təl

: something (such as a slave, piece of furniture, tool, etc.) that a person owns other than land or buildings

Things seem become clearer if one has a slightly skewed view of things.

Skewed, screwed.....Pooh Poohed...

...and then the yellow brick road to Emerald city...

a reply to: jpanic

edit on 4-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join