It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am so tired of the ignorance...from everyone!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail
Glad you got to vent a little.
Not much else you can do.
Even if you have an otherwise passable relationship with Family - the odds that they will count your views more valuable & correct than their own...are slim at best.
In my experience, those that 'resist' will only come around if 'the Experts' or someone they deem 'Wise & Together' tells/shows them. Then - they can kind of claim 'the revelation' as their own.

On the other hand - as long as they see their slice of the "American Pie" dangling on that carrot stick just out of reach - they'll continue to weigh the blue pill more appealing than the red... (imo)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'm feeling ya..

My 85 year old mother cannot understand lots of things I try to talk with her about because we here on ATS are uncovering things they wont talk about in the mainstream media. My mom has never used a computer or internet so she has no idea the amount of information that is available to us. She's a Fox watcher mostly and agrees with whatever slimy scumball is on like Bill O'Reilly. She doesn't know how to distance herself from mainstream media, nor without the internet, does she have many choices.

For those who do have the internet and do not use it to learn whats out the box and apply critical reasoning, well that's just dumb.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JaspersCheese

I loved what you said. OMG I love my people so much. When it comes down to the line....It is our people, forever. They are who we love and who we would die for irrespective of their beliefs.

I just get sad. I have a tea bagger side of the family that has zero compassion for others.

I just don't get it. Where did we remove ourselves from being humane??

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thats all theyve ever done is watch those shows. To them? Its what really is hppening out there...sadly. You just have to keep trying to educate them to reality...and make them undersatnd why it should be important for them.

But, dont hold your breath...it took them years of MSM to believe in MSM. Youll just go purple in your face waiting! It is frustrating when one knows the real-deal like you do...and they dont buy it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail

The stupidity around here boggles the mind sometimes.

The problem here is that so many people who think they've "got it" in terms of understanding the world and its players develop a holier than thou attitude that THEY'VE "got it," but others don't. To someone with a cause, no other explanations are possible.

To a left-wing liberal person, right wing sensibilities are nonsensical. God and patriotism don't or shouldn't exist. Conservative principles of small government and self-responsibility are considered anti-poor, racist, anti-human, and against everything you know is right. And what you know is right is profound. You know without a doubt that Global Warming is caused by excess pollution. You know the illuminati (used very generally as a catch-word) rule the world. You know that the rich get richer and you now for certain that we ought to tax the rich and the evil corporations, establish income equality, and create a perfect society. As such you worship people like Castro and Che Guevera. You think Bush and Cheney ought to be in jail.

To a right-wing conservative person left wing sensibilities are nonsensical. To them God and patriotism are bedrock principles. Big government is harmful and saps personal initiative. To them the left wing perpetuates racism and is anti-human and against everything they know is right. And what they know is right is profound. They know Global Warming is a political tool of the left used to subjugate the populace. They know that once the left gets into power we will think Stalin is a hero for killing so few people, and that the left is out to take every hard-earned penny the right has earned in a lifetime of hard work and not relying on government subsidies. they already know that the top 50% of income earners pay 97% of the taxes, so to say "tax the rich" is an absurd proposition in light of the fact that the bottom half simply feed off the income earners. Their heroes are Jefferson and Franklin and they simply do not understand the antipathy toward the tea party when all they want is the government to do what is called for in the constitution and otherwise stay out of their lives. They think Castro and Che Guevera are cold-blooded ruthless killers just like Stalin and Hitler. They think Bill Ayers Michael Moore ought to be in jail.

To both extremes, the other is extreme and dangerous and against everything they hold dear. But the plain fact is that NONE of you have an average IQ higher than the guys on the other side of the argument. BOTH of you act like the die-hard Christian or Muslim fundamentalists who believe that unless you worship god/Allah/Jesus the way THEY do, then you are going to eternal damnation.

YOU, the people here who supposedly "deny-ignorance" are as abjectedly ignorant and stupid as anyone you hate. You are "angry" and derisive of the other side and the other side is angry and derisive of you. Both of you look at the other side and think, "What makes these people think they are more aware of reality than anyone else? have they been to a special school? Or in fact do they react to reality in the same way their peers do because they don't know anything else, have not been exposed to other points of view and simply don't know any better?

What the hell is the difference?

And THAT'S why you should mistrust anyone with a cause. People with a cause are DANGEROUS people. They see you as the enemy and they will neutralize you in any way possible they can get away with, including extermination. NEVER trust them with your lives or property; they'll just try to take both away.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Good idea, the only problem though is if everyone truly knew the truth and the Hegelian Dialectic, or either problem, solution, resolution game then there would be no need for conspiracy websites, I mean if they didn't understand what happened around 100years ago with American Involvement with the Bolshevik revolution, Bank of America in bed with Hitler, and so on, they will never get it, so while I can agree with you, everyone is not going to see the truth for what it is, so you and others like yourself must do the best you can to bring light, if not, I wouldn't catch feelings or lose sleep over it as it seems to come across in your post.

Actually a lot of people do know this truth they just like to remain pawns because they feel powerless and do not feel as though they can change the game from low levels.

But even more important everyone is just not going to see it your way, that's life, you'll never be able to change that.
edit on 28-4-2014 by phinubian because: left out a word

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let's face it, they are feeding us toxic substances that are endocrine disruptors, they feed us a bunch of what they want us to think is real, and they constantly try to make us dependent on the system of society. People do not want to believe that we have been fed misconceptions using misaplied partial evidence for generations. Heck, most people can't even fathom how messed up this reality is. We are being conditioned by a certain small group of people.

Oh well, I don't get frustrated about it, even my wife and kids believe in this stuff because they are too lazy to investigate anything. They are in la-la land but that is all right.

It took me years to convince my wife we should form a food pantry. I produced evidence on the low stockpiles of the nation and the slow response of the agencies at disasters. I told her that the weather was going to get more unpredictable and we needed to be prepared for a month's living off the grid. She was starting to think I was crazy. She would not believe me till she saw the major disasters happening on the news and got recommendations at work to stock food. Then a storm knocked out our power for three days, along with half the population in this area and she came around. How come people only believe certain people, I had real evidence and it did no good about the necessity of being prepared for these things. Six years ago, we had to run to the store every single day just like most people today. We could not make one complete dinner with what we had in stock...except out of the junk food we had in our freezer....all of which needed electricity to prepare.

Now, I don't talk about this to other people locally, I let them discover it on their own, but I do drop hints. People like to think they discover things.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You know what, I am going to share a personal experience with you. And now that I think about it I understand the reluctance of others to take a long hard look. Because really it is so frightening. It goes against everything that we have been taught.

After 9-11 and I realized what a bullcrud story that was....I got real sick. Non-functional sick. Mentally and physically, I had to come to grips with every thing I was ever taught and every reality that was forced upon me was a lie. That is real hard to take in one serving. It can mess with your head and it did.

So I identify with those that refuse to go there. It is too scary to reverse everything you ever thought was real.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix
Agreed, spring some conspiracy theories on people who do not really get on the internet, there are two reactions.

1. "You are out of your mind"
or
2. Really ? I never heard that before ? -----this is the likely person you might be able to convince and they join ATS or suddenly they become indoctrinated into the world of conspiracies.
edit on 28-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ideology has replaced common sense. Arrogance is thought to be righteous indignation.

And compassion is viewed as weakness....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That was the desired effect, I worked near the Pentagon on 911, felt the shock wave and drove by watching and smelling that completely black smoke, those events tore down any past beliefs I had even having served in the military, and worked with nuclear weapons in Europe, I got trapped a few blocks from the white house and all I could think of was a Nuke is coming in, after I did not want to work anywhere in DC for that fear, I actually had a psychosis over it, but I think the intent was to do just that, inject fear and be able to easier exert control so there can be no resistance and anything afterwards will be easy to perpetrate on the masses, if it was the case and you can go and find many threads on my feeling of that day and what I have as some first hand knowledge.

edit on 28-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam

funny i read this now .. i needed that ... this is exactly how i feel ... right now

and after the many many hours of documentaries watched in the past years .. and articles of truth read ... to have people like my brother, who never ever watch or read anything, other than BBC News, write off what i say, telling me 'pfft ... but you just believe everything you read' ... as tho I dont have a mind of my own ... after he himself argues with me cos he 'saw it on BBC news' .. and get annoyed at me for continually questioning what i am told to think ...

they do listen to what i have to say .. for a while .. but since there is soooo much of this stuff to open our eyes to .. i think it becomes quite unbelievable in large doses .. and easier slip back into and accept the comfort of the world theyve known for so long and believe am just 'out there' ..

meanwhile .. he just blindly believes what he is told by BBC news .. and gets frustrated when i question what i am told to think ... and will argue with me when i tell him what i have come across on ATS etc ... because the last thing he needs is 'just some guy' telling him what's happening in the world, and to ignore the BBC news .. since he is unwilling to ever read up on these things himself .. and there is no readily available news channel on the TV that would confirm for him what i have to say .. i can kinda understand why its harder for him to let me tell him what reality is ...

soooo many people are unwilling to read up on things for themselves .. and question and research .. what ever it is in people that m akes us like this .. this trait must go a very long way to letting the power that be control and manipulate us .. and exploit us ..

i am quite frustrated .. and kinda feel alone with what i know here, as no one in the real world can really talk with me on this level without me feeling like one of those 'conspiracy theorist crackpots', that i used to myself kinda smirk at

... good to see in this thread that im not alone .. although, it's not really good . .cos i guess it would be better that everyone is not in this situation

its also frustrating .. when i hear people discussing what they have heard on MSM .. and my supersenses stop me from participating .. cos i know they would look at me in disgust if i told them what my take is after checking out ATS or the likes ... they just do not want to hear it

also .. since im rambling on a bit here ... id just like to say ... crocodiles are quite scary .. glad we don't have them in UK
Just...Wow! I could have written that.
My brother & The BBC, I get absolutely nowhere.
If I do get enough time to hammer home a point that he cant deny he go's into a silent sulk..ffs!
I've discovered I get further by concentrating on just one subject and slowly introducing more info, but it would take a lifetime to get him up to speed like that.
The problem we all face is that the education system gets them for about fifteen years, then the BBC etc continue turning their brains into mush, and its not easy turning mush back into gray matter!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Nice rant.
I'm glad that you think you are so much better then everybody.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Really, is that what you drove by to say. Whatever. I don't think I am better than anyone. I just think I know more than most, including you.
edit on 28-4-2014 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I don't even have cable, or satellite, my T.V is purely used for entertainment via, PlayStation or my tablet, which I choose what goes on my entertainment setup. The odd time I will stream a sporting event or watch antenna T.V for superbowl since I live in Canada.

Other than that, news is purely from internet, where I can be as vigilant as I want to be.
I think my mindset tho is somewhat unique, but not widely unknown, a lot of people don't take mainstream news literal anymore, and will dismiss it with the drop of a hat, but some will just take it as is and accept it.
My parents are two polar opposites when it comes to news now days, my mother will sit down and watch the news and believe it, my father on the other hand who spent 30 years in the military knows better than to just be spoon fed, he can be spotted on the computer scouring the internet for answers. He's quite wise.

Just my side of the story! But not evenyone is as 'brainwashed'

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
my mother will sit down and watch the news and believe it, my father on the other hand who spent 30 years in the military knows better than to just be spoon fed, he can be spotted on the computer scouring the internet for answers. He's quite wise.

You're father is wise! And it's well know that the internet is the solid bastion of truth and reality!!

a little sarcasm there...

The interwebs are as bad as the msm at finding non agenda driven anything....it's a vast wasteland of BS and lies!

as Tom Petty once said....."you believe what you wanna believe"

edit on 28-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=17856215]Hoaxster

Deny Ignorance through AST or become an Ignoramus

Unless it's a subject ATS prefers you remain ignorant on, um.

The other day I went to the Sandy beach and threw a Hook in the water

edit on 28-4-2014 by arosebyanyothername because: reason

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

my mother will sit down and watch the news and believe it, my father on the other hand who spent 30 years in the military knows better than to just be spoon fed, he can be spotted on the computer scouring the internet for answers. He's quite wise.

You're father is wise! And it's well know that the internet is the solid bastion of truth and reality!!

The interwebs are as bad as the msm at finding non agenda driven anything....it's a vast wasteland of BS and lies!

Key word, scouring... he doesn't jump to conclusions. He worked with NORAD for almost 20 years. I think he knows a thing a two about news.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Key word, scouring... he doesn't jump to conclusions. He worked with NORAD for almost 20 years. I think he knows a thing a two about news.

NORAD huh.....see the irony here? You make a statement and expect me to believe it!! I stand by my statement that the www. is full of BS. And You're no exception!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail To keep it short and sweet as far as Dems and Reps go..................Same people just different faces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join