Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I am so tired of the ignorance...from everyone!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am just over it. Certain members of my family watch the MSM and those dastardly Sunday morning political shows. OMG and they parrot those memes that are so famously puked out every single day.

Is it the fluoride?? Seriously.

Hey look, I have directed to them and actually watched with them the 9-11 stuff. All of it. There isn't a video I haven't seen or a book that I haven't read. I got them coming with me for a minute....but alas I can't keep them.

They know how they were totally lied into the Iraq war. I think they just accept it? I don't know?? I just can't fathom how you could listen to the MSM after they lied and took us down a horrible road. Maybe they feel guilty. I know I do, and I attended anti-war marches before the friggin March 18, 2003 massacre.

And not just that...for the love of all that is holy!!!!! Why even us, who are supposed to be denying ignorance....still buy into to the left right paradigm. There are so many caustic posts around here regarding left right politics. I get really bummed out. I cannot believe that you haven't arrived at the precipice of "they are the same, just different rhetoric". OMG how can you be so lame.

If you have not realized that politics are monied and funded by think tanks that are supported by kazillionaires that do not have your best interest at heart and that they support both sides and they don't like us , then I feel sorry for you.

You keep fighting your freaking neighbor over stuff that doesn't matter while they steal that last things that are not tied down and privatize the rest.

The stupidity around here boggles the mind sometimes.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I turned my family onto the daily show, and the internet for news.

I got to slowly watch my DEM father, and SUPER conservative Aunt slowly, but surely come to the conclusion "its all rigged"

More knowledge helps, keep fighting the good fight, and provide them examples of government Idiocy when ever you can.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The idea is to keep us fighting and arguing amongst each other whether it is race, religion, politics, sport, my education is better than yours, I can run faster, everything is about being better than someone else at something. People just don't care about the bigger picture, they would rather indulge in their lust and believe nothing is ever going to affect their personal environment.

I have the same issue when I bring certain subjects up also, it's annoying but at the same time I tend to ignore subjects they want to talk about also just to show them what it's like. They also think I'm arrogant because I don't engage in what is considered "Normal" lol
edit on 28-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail

And not just that...for the love of all that is holy!!!!! Why even us, who are supposed to be denying ignorance....still buy into to the left right paradigm. There are so many caustic posts around here regarding left right politics. I get really bummed out. I cannot believe that you haven't arrived at the precipice of "they are the same, just different rhetoric". OMG how can you be so lame.

If you have not realized that politics are monied and funded by think tanks that are supported by kazillionaires that do not have your best interest at heart and that they support both sides and they don't like us , then I feel sorry for you.

I have some sympathy with that when there is just the two party system and no counter. If you are a 'Democrat' you are in the eyes of a 'Republican' a red under the bed of some shade. If you are a 'Republican' you are in the eyes of 'Democrats' a Neoconservatist of some shade..if that's possible. The truth is both parties are in the hands of big corp and don't do their party followers justice.
edit on 28-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I know how you feel brother....Take my Parents....Please, would someone take my Parents.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I'm tired of the general ignorance I meet on a daily basis as well. Even when it seems there's an awakening and people are beginning to question the order, they come up with a new reality show, a political "scandal", or of course "terrorists". Just say the magic word and people seem to forget all of their problems, switching on the patriotism program.

Yes, i'm tired of it. I'm having my laugh watching this world becoming a real life "idiocracy" lately, better to laugh at the sheep than to be frustrated by them.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My general view to the msm in general is that they are an entertainment and pop news organization. They are reporting what the people want to know about, not what they necessarily should know about. I don't blame the msm though, after all, its what the people want, and if they go in too deep, they will simply lose viewers, which means sponsors, which ultimately means bankruptcy...so, its a juggling show.

Never think ratings = quality of content..that just means they are putting on more of a show to keep the minds entertained.

No, I don't care if Justin Beiber did something stupid or mildly illegal, I don't even care if my neighbor did that, and that may effect me more...I am not as easily entertained though.

As far as you knowing the truth however and them stupid people believing something different therefore are wrong...well, you subscribe to a different set of half truths and hypothesis that ultimately is contested..your disagreement with them however in matters involving a conspiracy theory as the alternative way to think is not going to win over many whom aren't naturally drawn to find different solutions to a problem. If the official stories wrap everything up in a nice tidy box that eliminates the need to think deeper, then cool..that suits them. Doesn't matter either way as there is nothing a individual can do should they suddenly become a total conspiracy "nut". Come around these parts during election time and you will find that all but a few choose party lines the way it always has been..not because they think the party they choose will do something different mind you, just cant have those damn demorepublicatians in office, so they will vote against em.

Nothing changes..even where with soo many "enlightened"...so, let them be happy in their neat prepackaged understanding of reality...don't be all jelly that they are content. lol

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have a family of same.

I try to get them to just attempt a simple thing like a BOB but no.

I also tried to give them a map of where to meet up if the SHTF. "Surely you can keep a map?" I ask. Nope,

Just a friggin map in case I'm right and they're wrong.

But no. If they accept the map, it's admitting to their fears of my being right.

Oh well...

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey Grantedbail! Were you listening in on my phone conversation with mom yesterday? You got it just about verbatim. The idiocy I'm seeing from the majority (and I refer to both sides with that) has me just wanting to find a nice, quiet, hermit-like space.

The two party system is two heads, one hydra. What is so hard to see about that?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail I was smiling while reading your post because it's much the same here .They will on one hand acknowledge what you are telling them and on the other regurgitate what was on the news that morning .That Putin bugger I tell yea lol lol Seriously though it is cognitive dissonance en.wikipedia.org... We all do or have at times suffered from this . I at times will start up a conversation with people and it all goes well until you start overloading them with info .I guess people would like to make it simple as best they can .I often wonder is I would have been happier with the blue pill .....Some of these rabbit holes are mighty deep and scare the begeebers out of me when I stop to think about it ..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I am just over it. Certain members of my family watch the MSM and those dastardly Sunday morning political shows.

Oh wow ... the Sunday morning talking heads are the worst of the bunch.
And the worst of the worst .... The Huckabee Show.
Is that still on Sunday mornings?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You were wise too warn the others.....but because they did not believe you ,,your the only one left with this knowledge
Now you must choose,,,,Deny Ignorance through AST or become an Ignoramus
You must act quickly,,, the Ignorance is relentless....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

OMG you have read my mind today I'm sure.
I get to the point of banging my head against the wall.
I personally put it down to ignorance and lack of understanding.
The problem is you get labelled a conspiracy theorist instantly. How do you explain conspiracy fact to people with the blinkers on!

I won't give up tho, If we all wake at least 1 person, exponentially we grow.
Even tho our enemy is the tallest giant, stand defiant.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

After the red pill, I immediately figured out that it didn't
take all my brain power and concentration to come to terms
with the reality of which you write. Tho others around me
weren't following suit somehow, anyhow? And knowing I
wasn't smarter then most of them, I figured they could
find their way just as I did.

If they wanted too. So I don't play servitude and cater to
trying to bring them around. But when certain things
rear their head socially? I don't hide anything I have to say
either. And the better timing can make a better effect.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can only look at it like the story of the Emperor's new clothes. I've said it before on here,I've always felt like the little boy in the story because I didn't go along just to get along. I guess another way of putting it is "there are none so blind,as those who will not see". I gave up being frustrated by it. I swear I'm having put on my grave marker "Reality is an illusion of the masses to nullify them into a false sense of security".

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I am just over it. Certain members of my family watch the MSM and those dastardly Sunday morning political shows.

Oh wow ... the Sunday morning talking heads are the worst of the bunch.
And the worst of the worst .... The Huckabee Show.
Is that still on Sunday mornings?

Yep still on. He's still trying to make it as a TV preacher, or a wanna be rock star. He's just waiting to see which one happens first...then he'll run with it.

I hear he's seriously considering tossing his hat in the presidential election ring.

Des

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Another thing you should think about is, what you may face
well and handle with no problem. May shatter the life of
someone who would have been better off with the blue pill.
The things you know could ruin a persons outlook on life
and send them back into alcoholism or drug abuse or
worse.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The problem is that many people are incapable of thinking for themselves, they do as their told or simply regurgitate information their family, pastor, spouse (etc) believes. It's sickening really. I have turned my family and friends on to ATS and suggest they do their own research.

While I do watch MSM I take what they have to say at face value, they're going to spin stories to their beliefs and to their benefit.

The United States has become a nation of sheeple.
Baaahh....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

funny i read this now .. i needed that ... this is exactly how i feel ... right now

and after the many many hours of documentaries watched in the past years .. and articles of truth read ... to have people like my brother, who never ever watch or read anything, other than BBC News, write off what i say, telling me 'pfft ... but you just believe everything you read' ... as tho I dont have a mind of my own ... after he himself argues with me cos he 'saw it on BBC news' .. and get annoyed at me for continually questioning what i am told to think ...

they do listen to what i have to say .. for a while .. but since there is soooo much of this stuff to open our eyes to .. i think it becomes quite unbelievable in large doses .. and easier slip back into and accept the comfort of the world theyve known for so long and believe am just 'out there' ..

meanwhile .. he just blindly believes what he is told by BBC news .. and gets frustrated when i question what i am told to think ... and will argue with me when i tell him what i have come across on ATS etc ... because the last thing he needs is 'just some guy' telling him what's happening in the world, and to ignore the BBC news .. since he is unwilling to ever read up on these things himself .. and there is no readily available news channel on the TV that would confirm for him what i have to say .. i can kinda understand why its harder for him to let me tell him what reality is ...

soooo many people are unwilling to read up on things for themselves .. and question and research .. what ever it is in people that m akes us like this .. this trait must go a very long way to letting the power that be control and manipulate us .. and exploit us ..

i am quite frustrated .. and kinda feel alone with what i know here, as no one in the real world can really talk with me on this level without me feeling like one of those 'conspiracy theorist crackpots', that i used to myself kinda smirk at

... good to see in this thread that im not alone .. although, it's not really good . .cos i guess it would be better that everyone is not in this situation

its also frustrating .. when i hear people discussing what they have heard on MSM .. and my supersenses stop me from participating .. cos i know they would look at me in disgust if i told them what my take is after checking out ATS or the likes ... they just do not want to hear it

also .. since im rambling on a bit here ... id just like to say ... crocodiles are quite scary .. glad we don't have them in UK

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
In the real world, it's nothing more than a defense mechanism. To attribute ownership to things like fluoride, or manipulation is to divert responsibility. We're not as controlled as most here think. Sure, we're influenced greatly and indoctrinated harshly, and grossly confused, but the onus is on the individual who chooses to believe what is wrong even when they know it's wrong. We're all products of the same unsound ill reality, yet some of us choose truth over fantasy. Some of us choose fantasy painted as truth. Some of us choose fantasy entirely. No choice is "right" as it has all brought us to where we are, the good and the horrific. All that really matters is how that choice effects others and the whole. It's a product of accepting the fantasy because of tradition, false confidence, and embarrassment. It's incredibly difficult to accept your failings and move beyond them when you've held them so high for so long. History is full of examples of people unwilling to change their stance because their new beliefs may contradict the community or self. The pigeonhole is an effective prison. Deny strong labels and your chains begin to weaken. "THEY" don't need to do anything at this point, we're doing it to ourselves and we're brutally efficient at it.

It basically boils down to acceptance from our side. If the willfully ignorant knew we would love and care for them the same or more, judge them for their deeds, not their beliefs, then they would be much more ready to change in the face of new information. That being said, I don't think it will ever happen. New data is often perceived as an attack and a judgement rather than enlightening and freeing. Not matter what clarity of truth is inherent in the data, it's seen as a challenge that must be met, rather than something that must be contemplated. When the truth is an attack, you will forever be on the offensive and no one will leave their foxhole when truth is constantly assailing them.

As for the ignorance on this site... People like to hear themselves speak, they like to think they have won something when conversing, especially on the internet. I don't know what prize they think they're winning, most likely more false confidence. Unfortunately, all they manage to do is dig a deeper foxhole with every ill perceived victory. There are very strong lines on this site that I don't quite understand. With a motto like "deny ignorance" the lines should be very blurred and hard to see. Hard lines should be based on objective truth, not subjective beliefs. The starting place of denying ignorance is to know that you know nothing. I know this, it's not a difficult truth to know, but it is a frightening one to face. So instead, ATSers editorialize, purport opinion as truth, dogma as reality, and parrot the opinions of others that mesh with theirs. I truly fear for the future, for as great as humankind is, we're failing just as greatly and we're failing primarily by way of selfish desires not chemtrails, political lies/correctness, diet, or any other external motivators.

We know what we do harms others, yet we continue to do it. We know those we grant power to abuse us, yet we continue to grant them power, continue to allow them to pervert systems to a complexity only a few can comprehend. Reality is simple, humanity complicates it. Rejoice that the end is nigh. Our way of thinking will either be victorious, or we will be relegated to the terrorist/rebel bin and eventually purged from the system. Either way, it's a long hard fight without compromise, and it's clear we will not go gently, but with harden stance of the truth that benefits all, not the hate filled eyes of the lies that benefit the few or the one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join