It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US pilot believes he's found wreckage of missing airliner - right where the flight vanished seven w

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Is this MH370? US pilot believes he's found wreckage of missing airliner after searching through thousands of satellite images online - right where the flight vanished seven weeks ago

I do not know what to believe at this point, but the photos and his descriptions seem to coincide well together. However, there have been at least 10's of thousands pouring over Tomnod as well. Couple that with the advanced satellite images available to governments and corporations and it's hard to comprehend that this is only coming to light now.

Is it the wreckage? Michael Hoebel is pictured showing an image of what he believes is the wreckage of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. He found the image on a website that shares satellite images

'The perfect size': He said he used a scale given by the website and compared it to the specifications listed on Boeing's website - and discovered that the figure in the water was the right size

Discovery: He said that the lighter markings on the image matched up with the design of the plane

'I was taken aback because I couldn't believe I would find this,' he told the news channel.
Where is the plane? A map shows where Hoebel believes the plane is, compared to its intended flight (red line) and suspected flight path (in blue)
+9
Where is the plane? A map shows where Hoebel believes the plane is, compared to its intended flight (red line) and suspected flight path (in blue)
He pointed to the image on his computer as he explained why he thought it was the missing airliner.
'The lighter skin where the wing attaches to the fuselage - you see that lighter skin,' he said, comparing the grainy image to a photograph of the make of plane.
And when WIVB reporter Ed Drantch questioned if the shadow could be a shark, Hoebel responded: 'That's a 210ft shark.'

Article Source

I know even some members have been on the search using Tomnod.
What are your thoughts? Does his experience create more of a base for his claims?

edit on 4/28/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/28/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It all feels very "lost" to me.

There was that whole plot point that someone planted a crashed 747 in the ocean to be found, specifically to throw off the search for the real one.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I wonder what was under the water off the coast of Australia that was pinging? If this is where the plane actually crashed.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I wonder what was under the water off the coast of Australia that was pinging? If this is where the plane actually crashed.

Could have been whale survey pingers. I just mentioned that in the Bay of Bengal sighting, (New Zealand company believe they too have found the plane) but in the Bay of Bengal.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Could have been whale survey pingers. I just mentioned that in the Bay of Bengal sighting, (New Zealand company believe they too have found the plane) but in the Bay of Bengal.

Just to add, the only thing here that this pilot hasn't done, or rather appears not to have done, is to backtrack that same area before the plane disappeared, and there should be nothing there. That's what the New Zealand company have done. their target was not there in the days before the plane disappeared.
edit on 28-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My question is this:
How is this 'Michael Hoebel' connected to the CIA or other alphabet sources?
What's Michael's background?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
My question is this:
How is this 'Michael Hoebel' connected to the CIA or other alphabet sources?
What's Michael's background?

It just says he contacted them with the information, I suppose anyone can.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The image looks interesting but how deep is the water in that area? It doesn't seem to me that whatever the image shows could be under too many feet of water which makes me think that if the water is very deep, it's not sitting on the bottom which means it has neutral buoyancy.. maybe a whale?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's cloud cover

Source: My opinion
edit on 4/28/2014 by iamhobo because: Gave the OP a source

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
It's cloud cover

You state that very matter-of-fact like. Do you care to share how you know this?
Can you provide us with some additional information so that we too can understand?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
It's cloud cover

Source: My opinion

Yes you could say that, but to be fair to the pilot, the reporter give it it out as a series of images, not one picture.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks interesting

Doesn't look like cloud cover to me I looks submerged and like a plane

To many story's going on clouding the real data tho IMO

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
The image looks interesting but how deep is the water in that area? \

Google Earth has it around 40~90m water depth for the Gulf of Thailand.
I spent more than a few hours back in March looking for MH370 on tomnod. The image resolution was surprisingly good. I even spotted an undersea pipeline running across the Gulf of Thailand. I thought it was an imaging anomaly at first.
Tomnod would publish their "crowd source" results of image "tags" of various objects spotted, most objects had 20+ tags by various observers. That last crowd source report (as a Google Earth template) from Tomnod I have dates back to March 16th. That image in question is not in that report. It should be noted that the area covered in each sat image is pretty small, they did not blanket the whole Gulf by any stretch of the imagination. It's possible it could be from later imaging, but the search had moved from the Gulf,and was no longer the area interest
Now, for only one person to identify any object that was imaged by tomrod is highly unlikely. Tomnod assigns the same image to multiple viewers, to provide duplicity of identifying tags. (Just like SETI files
)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
nice find as long it is far away from Diego Garcia

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Looks interesting

Doesn't look like cloud cover to me I looks submerged and like a plane

To many story's going on clouding the real data tho IMO

"clouding the real data"....I see what you did there.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

Its a bird, its a plane no its super MH370

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Looks like a whale to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My thought all along in regards to people searching satellite data has been this; there is no way someone sitting at a computer looking at Tomnod / satellite imagery can find the missing plane when there are plenty of countries / agencies "looking" for it with much more advanced methods. In other words, if this guy could find it - they would have already found it. I also believe that there is no way they could have lost the plane to begin with - I feel they know exactly where the plane is.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Either Whales…….Submarines or UFO's

PDUK

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: benrl
It all feels very "lost" to me.

There was that whole plot point that someone planted a crashed 747 in the ocean to be found, specifically to throw off the search for the real one.

That would never work. The plane has identifiers. The black box they are so desperately searching for contains a lot of information. I believe that idea has been tossed as improbable.
edit on AM000000300000000441829302014-04-29T09:29:46-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

edit on AMu30u0441830302014-04-29T09:30:09-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join