It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PANS "Mysterious and complicated" new autoimmune disease causing psychotic and compulsive behavior

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
PANS. It's a new thing. Another mysterious autoimmune ailment that is severely affecting behavior in children.

BURLINGAME -- Nearly 200 parents of children with a complicated, mysterious brain illness called PANS gathered over the weekend to seek advice and support from each other as they navigate the disease, which triggers psychotic and compulsive behaviors.

Is it something they ate?

PANS is believed to be caused by an infection or other trigger that causes the immune system to mistakenly attack the brain and swell it, resulting in extreme obsessive-compulsive disorder, cognitive regression, sleeplessness and other disabling behaviors.

"some other trigger" ? hmmm. Where have I heard that before. What could we be doing to screw up the human immune system? Sudden onset, encephaly. hmmm. Encephalitis appears on many vaccine side effect lists, but with vaccines, side effects don't seem to matter. You can't even talk about them without getting attacked. Can't talk about aluminum adjuvants or contaminant proteins, prions etc.

Better check with the medical establishment. According to an advocate's website, we are up to 1/200 children. You might say "climbing the charts!"

a diagnosis of PANS is so new and controversial that most pediatricians across the country haven't even heard of the afflictions, leaving many children locked in psych wards or wreaking havoc at home. A small group of critics suggest the disease doesn't exist and argue that any improvements children see might be caused by the placebo effect

Is medical science trying to get to the bottom of it or will they crawl into a ball like they do on autism? It can be treated with antibiotics but some cases don't respond to treatments. Anibiotics are old news, so pharma probably won't deploy.

But Dr. Susan Swedo from the National Institute of Mental Health, who has been studying the condition since the 1980s, and Dr. Jenny Frankovich, a rheumatologist at Lucile Packard at Stanford who treats Tessa, say the disease is very real. The PANS clinic at Stanford, which Frankovich recently opened with child psychiatrist Kiki Chang, needs funding for research, Frankovich said, and the clinic is seeking donors.

Additional reading.

link to more information

even more information

Educate yourself and be healthy.

edit on 28-4-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Great find, scientist will probably give it the same attention as they do with Morgellons Disease.

S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would be more inclined to link it with GMO's, personally.
There is probably a limit on how many toxins and chemicals the human body can handle- especially a child's still developing one.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
never heard of this so i went poking around a minute..hummm..going to have do a big eyeroll on this one..it seems to me that now that ADD, ADHD, Autism, insert faddish 'disease' has worn it's welcome now here comes PAN..sorry, not buying into it. say what you will..but I think living in california have one big mental problem..take off the google glass, lay down the phones and take care of your children..
edit on 28-4-2014 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ANOTHER Autoimmune disease we all have to worry about? Holy cow! These things are evil. Pure medical evil. The body tries to kill itself. I swear some days I feel half alive with my autoimmune. Now we have another one to watch for. And it's predominantly with kids? Gawd ... what an awful way to start life off.

This is seriously sucky. When I die I'm going to have a looooong talk with God.
He's got some 'slanin to do!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

If it's autoimmune like they say, then there will be antibodies in the blood work that are indisputable. ADD and ADHD don't have that (as far as I know). I understand your disbelief ... but there is no disputing autoimmune. The blood work doesn't lie.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You can explain your thoughtful opinion to a children and parents suffering from the condition.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

yes. They've identified Streptococci antibodies in a subset of cases, other cases not.
The encephaly is the dangerous mode. Since when do a host of relatively common bacteria cause brain infections?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Autism is a 'faddish' disease? Holy crap, do they give out awards for achieving that level of sheer ignorance?
Unbelievable.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
There may be a cure in the use of sodium chlorite solution for this...its supposed to work for autism....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Is there an area With higher cases than others? Where is this thing located..mostly.?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Many autoimmune disorders have a number of causes .
for Sarcoidosis we know there is a genetic part but there is also a infectious part and there may even be a environmental toxic part

There is a 7 times higher rate of sarcoidosis in people working in the medical field.
nurses, firefighters, EMTs, medical lab workers,

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Big government
Big control
Big climate
Big money
Big pharma
Big energy

Little citizen
Little rights
Little voices
Little assets
Little advocates
Little choice

Sick kids
Sicker policies

Agenda driven under-resourced
Over-population driven agenda

HUGE apathy.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
A new thoughtcrime.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Hard to say due to the complexity of the diagnosis. The accounts I was reading all come from the US and Western Europe. I would imagine Canada is also represented but I'm not certain of that.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling
Can you post a link?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Oh please..are you living under a rock Autism Latest Fad Diagnosis

Some of the first few articles/pages on google about PANS say that doctors aren't even sure there is such a thing..they are still in the early stages of investigating it. So yeah..sounds like they're looking for a new little fad disease to label these kids with...especially coming out of whine central california
Have a great day!
edit on 29-4-2014 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I will wait to see what comes of this..but for now..I have to be a little skeptical..people are over-diagnosed in my opinion. Some of blogs I read stated that these "symptoms" came on in teens..hummm?? Teens acting out..doesn't sound like a disease to me...but Im just going on the few blogs i read through..about parents 'dealing' with this..the other blogs posts were a little complain-y and whiny so it's difficult to take their parenting skills seriously..say what you will..but I will wait this one out

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I know vaccines are a problem - but I think focusing on them as the sole cause of all the new (very real) diseases takes needed attention away from all the other things being done to our food, air and water, and the inevitable impacts on health.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join