It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold War Spy-Satellite Images Unveil Lost Cities

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Anyone else see that 830 feet in diameter (250 meters) crater from an explotion of sorts in the middle of that city? Ancient war weapons? Ancient nukes?

-MM

I thought that is a mound given based on the shadows of the building in relation to the dark side of the mound.

I'm not 100% sure, hard to tell.

What some are calling a crater here is the actual mound of the archeological site.
The surrounding town shown in the photo is modern, though not "modern" in the sense of, say, Seattle.

You can see this for yourself at the Corona Atlas page linked earlier.

Click on Archaeological sites
Select "Rifraat, Tell

Zoom in as you wish.

Click the "Corona" tab on and off in the control box.

The mound is Tell Rifaat. The surrounding area, even in the spy satellite pic, is a more modern town.

Harte

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

A star I have not bothered to read as I myself already know some of the fact's such as the local atomic plant which has had several serious leak's and the conveniance of using the site to cover for the high number of birth defect's by trying to foist the blame on an ancient atomic war, there are other inconguity's with the site's as well such as Arrow head's from the suspected real destroyers of the defenceless city's whom were probably eurasian step tribesmem whom went on to conquer the indian sub continent and from whom we get the name Aryan's.
Well it does not take a brain surgeon to realize Arrow head's are not in the same league as atomic bomb's so if the populationw as killed by atom bomb why where so many of the dead found associated with arrow head's.
Still there is definitely a mystery, there is a whole industry built up on the idea ancient india had a technological empire but here is another point, in a war of total anihilation the ones whom remember would have been the survivors and probable very far from the target locality's so the Rama empire of legend was if even possible real no where near india and in some other part of the world probably even a different ethnicity.
Common sense if we anihilate one another in an alternative timeline, let's say russia and the west went to all out war, both of these territorys' would be wiped off the map, a possible severe nuclear winter could precipitate a new ice age and the area's already devastated would spend ten's of thousand's of years or at least thousands under ice sheet's, the third world would suffer famine and starvation as well as social collapse and even localised wars of resource perhaps even with remant's of the vanquished superpower's as they themselves tried to flee there devastation.
It is perceivable that all civilization would collapse and fragment into tribal groups whom may for many generation have a beligerant view of strangers and by the time the world recovered only legend's of a lost age in the former third world would remain.
Just hypthesizing mind but I think there is definitely more to it that meet's the eye.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I understand your stance and I agree 100% about letting your mind wander and hypothesize about the possibilities of what may have went on. The sites do have some mystery to them but nothing to support the atomic claims. I often have wondered myself, if, we reached the atomic or equivalent age in the past and in turn destroyed ourselves. It's a fun journey in my mind yet from my personal searching over the years I have found nothing to give it any grounds for belief. I hope in the future we do find something to show we were extremely advanced it would lead to some incredible research and reading.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: drivers1492

Maybe someone already has but I am not certain it was us that was advanced and not some other forgotten species (though technically they would be different if they hypothesis of small survival from a larger group was to be born out as they would have had a smaller gene pool and so accumulated inherited error's and trait's which there larger previous population would have absorbed (think easter island - the long ears and the hole in the knee cap), most argument used on this site is a lack of waste or trash and I have puzzled but if it was us then there is no certainty that they followed the same pattern of culture and not a more class based priest scientist order, perhaps even with priest king's so that technology may have only followed specific avenue's of development and led to it's own demise through lack of shared knowledge and either war or natural catastrophe.
It is a puzzle we will not live long enough to solve on an individual basis and it is likely that data and evidence if any remains is enigmatic at best and like I said they may not have been the same gene tree as us so any similarity of appearance may simply be down to like when Rhinocerous evolved and went extinct many time's or indeed cat's and similer species almost identical to feline's whom were not related to them at all but evolved and went extinct through the past 65 million years, indeed similar convergant evolution happened several time's among the saurian species prior to the KT so it is not that unusual, but we think of our own species as primary and a one off, there is no proof it is a one off and several sentiant human like specied in theory at least could have evolved and gone extinct since the KT boundary, before though is a mystery and we tend to think of the dominance of small brained saurians as precluding that possability.
Go back 750 million years and the earth was leaving a period of massive ice ages which began about 2.2 billion years according to a very interesting theory called the snow ball earth theory (this is of growing acceptance as more and more evidence begins to mount up), it has been hypothesied that during this 1.5 billion year approx period that the earth underwent several ice ages which may have been severe enough to freeze the surface right to the equators of the planet leaving only the chemo synthetic deep oceanic and crustal life or very hardy simple organsism to survive, but several times there where - like our own ice age's of the past 5 million years - interglacial periods of unkown duration and intensity during which what happened is unknown.
We tend to think of the cambrian explosion of 650 million years ago as when life really got started and began to diversify but it is possible that there may have been several cambrian explosion like event's prior to this with only a supposed lack of trace gas evidence and lack of oxydized minerals to deny this but it is worth bearing in mind that at about every 650 million years the earth's upper crust is more or less recycled through volcanic and erosion activity (make a mental note - the same time interval as since the cambrian explosion happened) so in reality the paucity of minerological evidence can actually have other explanation than a lack of respiration or breathable atmosphere for what lived then on the planet.
It is simply that there is evidence but it remains open to interpretation, I urge you to interpret for yourself and bear in mind what I see other's will not when looking at photograph's or indeed when interpreting data.

Had to add this though not pertinant to the thread, today's scientists are telling us to survive we have to leave the planet or go extinct as a species (is there precident for this in data they have been given or simply conjecture based on standard observation of past species ELE and other extinction event's), perhaps long ago if another terrestrial species with the capability evolved this was exactly what they chose to do but if so are they really gone or could man one day if we progress far enough (or are allowed to) meet our cousin's somewhere out there - cue the battle star galactica music (original series).

edit on 26-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
... today's scientists are telling us to survive we have to leave the planet or go extinct as a species (is there precident for this in data they have been given or simply conjecture based on standard observation of past species ELE and other extinction event's)...

It's not conjecture. Stars don't last forever. A single comet could cause our extinction as well. There's also GRBs, asteroids, disease, etc...

Harte

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

SAM site. You can see the revetments in the picture as well.
edit on 26-5-2014 by _Del_ because: SAM being Surface-to-Air Missile...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
amazing....

but due to the "situation" in the areas, i doubt that we'll get to further investigate... us or anyone else for that matter...

More good evidence for those ancient nuclear war proponents that are out there...

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigdo13
amazing....

but due to the "situation" in the areas, i doubt that we'll get to further investigate... us or anyone else for that matter...

More good evidence for those ancient nuclear war proponents that are out there...

Perhaps you should read the thread.

There is no crater in the pic.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join