It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold War Spy-Satellite Images Unveil Lost Cities

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: benrl

Btw; i think the crater is a mount not a crater.

It IS A MOUNTAIN ...
maps.google.com.au...,+syria&hl=en&sll=36.472857,37.095659&sspn=0.00267,0.003449&t=h&hnear=Tall+Rifat,+Azaz+District,+Aleppo+G overnorate,+Syria&z=12&lci=com.panoramio.all

turn on panoramio images

edit on 28-4-2014 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

And if that crater were from an ancient "nuke" then they were laughably small... if anyone felt like laughing at a small nuke, that is.

The big joke with the Air Force guys in their bunkers a few hundred yards below the surface was if the Russian nukes didn't kill them, then the fall to the bottom of the resulting crater would.

I'd bet the crater was from a more recent bomb drop as the region has seen a few wars...

Edit: and elevation is notoriously hard to gauge from above... mountain it is.
edit on 4/28/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Anyone else see that 830 feet in diameter (250 meters) crater from an explotion of sorts in the middle of that city? Ancient war weapons? Ancient nukes?

-MM

I see a ring - that would most likely have been a defensive wall at some time. I assume there was a mound in the middle to act as a lookout post or refuge.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaOC

originally posted by: JHumm

I've often pondered how much technology and history has been lost to wars, and the burning of villages, cities, libraries, universities... There was probably a "great" military man who was quickly promoted when he suggested stealing/confiscating some of his enemies technologies rather than destroying them...

I once tried to work out an estimate. Not so long ago, there was an appeal for a book that came along with Atari home computers (it was the BASIC manual, but had been loose leaved and not bound as a book). People believed that there was a original color copy around somewhere and hoped someone would have a copy. Fortunately, there was one copy found after an appeal.

That gave me the idea to try and work out a half-life of historical artifacts. With home computers, 2 million were made between 1978 and 1984 (so that's the initial amount), and 30 years have passed (the time span). So with only 1 copy surviving all that time, the survival rate is the 30th root of one over two million, which worked out to be around 61% year.

Though this really only applies to modern suburban/urban living. If things were owned during biblical times, there would be a different survival rates of items depending how quickly they were damaged or broken. If something were placed in a tomb or cave the survival rate would rise, but if it were exposed to the elements, the survival rate would fall. Even a survival rate of 99%, over a time period of 2000 to 3000 years, the odds reduce down to infinitesimal values. But if something is preserved in the same way as Roman villas were preserved by Vesuvius, the discoveries would be enormous.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't want to derail the thread, but I just wanted to point out that this is an excellent example of why people who claim the bible is a "fairy tale" because certain cities named in it haven't been located and excavated by Academia should reconsider their positions. Just because we haven't found something yet, doesn't mean it isn't out there.

Fascinating stuff, and thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavenlaar
It IS A MOUNTAIN ...
maps.google.com.au...,+syria&hl=en&sll=36.472857,37.095659&sspn=0.00267,0.003449&t=h&hnear=Tall+Rifat,+Azaz+District,+Aleppo+G overnorate,+Syria&z=12&lci=com.panoramio.all

That's what they want you to think... No, jk - it's a mountain
....Oooor, perhaps they hid the nuke crater by putting a mountain on top of it
Jk, or AM I ?

-MM
edit on 29-4-2014 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
eta
yep some nice photos looking down on things

edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago54 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

As usual Ben, a fantastic post with even better content. SnF for a great ready

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
If there was an explosion it look more recent to 1961 than and ancient explosion would be. It also does not necessarily mena nukes. It could be a meteor.

Also, Why are the ruins covered? Why not build over them if you are going to let the mget covered?

Maybe it has significance to the people who started building the city around it. It is definately bizzare but answeres no questions.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What do you think we will learn from studying these ancient civilizations? How to better grind a seed? We all know we are on a destructive path, a path that leads now where. We should be spending money on health care, education and space exploration.
edit on 30-4-2014 by wrkn4livn because: addition

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Depending on where this is, this part of the world was bombed by the Germans and Allies during WWII. Could have been a stray 500lb'er.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
During Desert Storm/Desert Shield there was a highly classified, large format book (30" X15"?) that had pictures of many ancient archaeological sites across Iraq. They were piled high with munitions and weapons. Sadam was tempting us because he knew we would not bomb the ancient sites...which we did not...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What worries me most is how many of these 10,000 new sites are now going to be looted by dirt poor people, seeking nothing more than treasure to flog on the black market. Expect these to go the way of many places in Iraq after the "U.S liberation" put it into the hands of terrorists and one of the most corrupt governments on Earth. Many governments like Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are already (on the local level) in reality controlled by such people.

The only good news is that anyone who's invested in badly obtained, ancient artifacts, is going to find that one way or another the price will be shattered as the market gets flooded.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I absolutely see your point, however i cant help but feel that people would place infinitely more value on an artifact or piece of history directly related to their lineage or culture.

Also, a guess, maybe only 60% of people actually read thru those manuals! the other 40% probably took the hands on approach to learning on the fly! or taking classes. Also, the pamphlet youre referring to was mass produced, so in my mind, is not something tha needs to be revered or held onto.

Either way its a great analogy, and probably quite accurate. Ancient people didnt realize their sonnet would one day influence Shakespeare, so why would they hold onto that stuff.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: benrl

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Anyone else see that 830 feet in diameter (250 meters) crater from an explotion of sorts in the middle of that city? Ancient war weapons? Ancient nukes?

-MM

Yea, That is kinda of intriguing, that ring around the city the faint line.

Greencmp mentioned it as well...

Could be other reasons its taken so long to be reviewed by academics.

I see a small mountain or large hill, and the ring around the city is likely just a common traffic path. I could be wrong, but if it was a crater, wouldn't the lighting in it be different? Also the city is kind of intact for some kind of ancient bomb.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Why do y'all keep calling that hill a "crater" lol. That ring around the encampment is most likely remains of a wall of some sort. And of course Intel isn't going to tell academia if they find some ancient site; even though its pretty obvious now were not just gonna admit to spying on anywhere and everywhere.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Can anyone else see a pentacle?

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

No disrespect intended labtech, but have you actually spent any time looking up the places in your links? Every one mentions Harappa and Mohenjo Daro as well as the text from the Mahabharata. If you have, do you not find it odd that there were no mass bodies as claimed, or vitrified walls as claimed, or actual true text as listed? Even the archeologists didn't exist as listed. I love ancient civilizations and the possibilities of how and why they did what they did and lived, but, I do hate to see them misrepresented over and over again with known false information. There is a massive amount of unknown to mans history but this information is and has been shown to be false.

I do hope all the places found by the sat images get thoroughly researched and presented to the world. We may get lucky enough to find out some fascinating information to add to what we think we know.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Missile site as someone pointed out on another thread, probably soviet but maybe somebody else.

And to Drivers I had actually forgotten about this thread, there are many people whom make great money from making thing's up (VON DANNIKEN COMES TO MIND) but where this is concerned it is more likely differential interpretation, what proof do you have that these archeologist's never existed, there are photographs of some of the melted walls and pottery as well as skeleton's lying face down holding hand's with there bones not scattered so no animals ate them were they lay after dying though there are other things such as fire which can account for the vitrification and similar effect's are known from hill fort's in scotland where stone wall's were litteraly melted but the process was proven to be possible? by building up scrub and setting fire to it then keeping on adding scrub to the fire, a very long process taking day's and perhaps longer to melt an entire hill fort but it is possible nevertheless.
I know what I know but interpretation varies and I will give you something way out of this world, an example ON THE MOON of what I believe it hidden in plain site proof of a lost age of man possibly far more advanced than us and very long ago, in fact long before we are supposed to have existed but that is another thread, just enjoy these nasa images and the blow up's, direct image link as it would be too far off thread to post the images.

In the istanbul museum and no it is not a fake.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
Ceremonial Arrow head or Hummingbird (they built a scale model aircraft identical and it fly's)
files.abovetopsecret.com... (does'nt he work on the shuttle)

on the moon.
Main image, files.abovetopsecret.com...
Area's of interest oblique surface fine dust reduced over larger stones by impact in a skid area, files.abovetopsecret.com...
Left to right image's blow up's.
files.abovetopsecret.com... (note the domed piece on this large piece of debris do rocks form flanges of metal and hang by them in such a way)
files.abovetopsecret.com... files.abovetopsecret.com... (possible human remains in a demolecularised (Atomic and particle radiation cause it to turn to dust over uncounted millenia and perhaps entire geological ages) spacesuit.
This is just a taste and a little better than Ooh look at the rock it look's like a coke bottle eh, there is truth out there and here and do you think some power mad group sitting on ancient high tech they can sell to us is going to give back the patent's by revealing they only reverse engineered or reinvented along with all the money they make on it.
The indus valley is perhaps too young by FAR for a direct link but what if some knowledge survived through the ages though I would conservatively date the remains on the moon to being very old indeed and perhaps at least hundred's of thousand's of years old but if you think they may be possible then you have to re evalute your opinion's as did I long ago.
To add to the above another well know image.
or three with artifacts from apollo 16 the previous mission to the above one,
files.abovetopsecret.com... (see nothing yet)
files.abovetopsecret.com... (now look)
files.abovetopsecret.com... (they are in sequence)
files.abovetopsecret.com... (postcard from the ancient battle field)

Or how about these.

files.abovetopsecret.com... (full colour expedition frame FULL COLOUR what the moon actually look's like)
files.abovetopsecret.com... (what they let you see)

Unnaturally even cratering in Phobos the larger moon of Mars, Perhaps left by a mass driver excavating from the suface to use as fuel to move it into orbit long ago. files.abovetopsecret.com...

The only real argument is could there have been an ancient advanced civilization and some like to bury there head's and trust the very people whom do not want them to know, most so called expert's are merely studious adherant's to what they themselves learned in university and do not really make fresh unbiased appraisal.

files.abovetopsecret.com... (I see rock's especially after this four day war wreck rot's to dust)

edit on 25-5-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
This post goes through the entire claims made about the 2 cities. Linky

Our history(mankind) known and unknown is fascinating. I do agree there is a massive amount of information that is unknown and finds will change our scope of knowledge about it. But when the information is incorrect it needs to be pushed aside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join