It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Year Old With Down Syndrome Beaten By The Police For ‘Bulge In Pants’ That Was Only A Colosto

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Speechless..

Incredible.

What next, shooting or bludgeoning babies?

OMG! Dont give them idea's!

I'm worried this crap is coming to the uk"

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
This poor guy has it hard enough with out being beaten by the cops over his colostomy bag. Good grief.

He should send them the bag. Tell them all to get into it, its where they belong.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

There's no excuse for this kind of treatment. Down's syndrome has such obvious physical characteristics there's no way this officer could have not known.
My neighbor's son has Down's, and although pretty high functioning, has the mental capacity of about a 7 year old. Him and my kids watch cartoons together and he's going to be 42 this year. He's a really nice person, but I'm sure if someone tried to stop him on the street and pat him down he'd probably freak out.

I keep picturing my kindergarten aged daughter getting frisked and beaten down because that's what this pos essentially did. I have nothing more to add that's within TOS.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Sounds like an excellent idea!

Who beats up people with Down Syndrome over a colostomy bag? The cops of course

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Its not like the cops could not tell that the person had Down Syndrome.

Someone with Down's syndrome can be recognised by their typical facial features.
www.pinterest.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am thinking a blanket party is justified by this jerks action.

1 guy throws a blanket over his head from behind then 6 people beat the shinola out him. Blanket over his head cant testify who did it . Slackers and jerks got it in boot camp on a regular basis .

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You are about 6 months behind the curve on this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
You are about 6 months behind the curve on this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting, first time I've heard this one. Very sad, reminds me of a local situation where a mentally ill man was beaten/tied up, and tazered to death which was later ruled a homicide. These situation make people feel less safe overall, too bad they can't see why someone disable or older shy away in fear, then the police add suspicion because the person is scared. This fear culture is driving more issues IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Speechless..

Incredible.

What next, shooting or bludgeoning babies?

Only if they fail to obey immediately, or if they come right at them, or if they "aggress them", which can include expressing anger. In that case, gloves off, and as sauce they'll shoot your dog to make a point.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: freakjive

It's stuff like this that is the reason I think all cops should live in the neighborhoods they police, that way they know the people and are familiar with various special needs and if they step out of line then everyone in the neighborhood knows where to find them when they're off duty.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Pig douchebaggery aside for a moment...

So, according to the article (and it's the Kos so no surprise here, but it still pisses me off) police brutality is the result of anti-welfare-state sentiment?

Way to completely derail the whole issue into the abyss of petty politics.

The cops have gone absolutely insane and are literally attacking people without provocation. Can you please leave your BS partisan spin out of it?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well, I finally tracked down the original police report about what actually happened.

Since none of you care to know what actually happened I'll keep it to myself.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: spooky24
Well, I finally tracked down the original police report about what actually happened.

Since none of you care to know what actually happened I'll keep it to myself.

Well post it or your talking rubbish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join