It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball's ugly secret, Human Smuggling of Cuban Players For millions of dollars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Baseball's version of human trafficking doesn't resemble the typical atrocities across the world, in which people, particularly women, are sold and traded, often into sexual slavery. Hundreds of thousands of Cubans have left the country to escape Fidel Castro's regime, traversing perilous waters in search of freedom. The price for a typical escape today: $10,000 per person. Baseball players are different, prized by smugglers as diamonds to be sold on the secondary market. Simply because the sport's victims often leave of their own volition and ultimately come into millions of dollars does not lessen the crimes committed by those looking to leverage themselves into a cut of the riches.

Yasiel Puig
Aroldis Chapman
Yoenis Cespedes
Leonys Martin
Noel Arguelles
Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez
Alexei Ramirez
Jose Abreu
Alfredo Despaigne

Recently some 13 Cuban Baseball players have come forward detailing horrific stories of kidnapping, extortion, being held hostage, life and limb threatened--- and all for what?

Why a percentage of a players potential multi million dollar contracts of course.

How much money are we talking about?
Well Leonys Martin signed a five-year, $15.5 million deal. Dodgers star Yasiel Puig received a guaranteed $42 million before playing a single game in North America. And on Oct. 29, the Chicago White Sox handed a six-year, $63 million contract to first baseman Jose Dariel Abreu.

That's a bit better than Fidel Castro’s state-run sports machine, which pays $17 a month

Upon receiving his signing bonus, Puig allegedly paid 20 percent of his total contract value to the Florida group that ultimately brought him to the United States in July 2012.

ESPN exposé

SO who were these so called humanartains helping cuba ball players into the US of A ?
The the murderous Mexican drug cartel Los Zetas.

I bet you'd pay 20% to these guys too after they threatened to cut off your hands if you didn't cough up the cash.
LA Times oraginal story

Well now the lid is blown off the secret about how MLB has paid off and looked the other way in deals tantamount to human slavery are conducted all for the sake of the game. or should I say the billions in profits generated by these sought after player.
More on the MBL role here
edit on 28-4-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Not to sure you can blame MLB for the things happening in foreign countries.
These thing prolly happen with all sports.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I'm sure your right. But I still find it disturbing the MLBPA agents are or were working with and threw cartels just to get the best players into the states and into major league teams

Martin’s lawsuit, filed by Paul Minoff of GrayRobinson law firm, draws a strong connection between the alleged traffickers and Hernandez, who was not cited in the federal indictment. Because smugglers cannot act as agents and take the typical fee, they rely on MLBPA-certified agents to act as business partners, which EDB alluded to in its own suit, when it reduced Martin's fee to 30 percent and gave its other 5 percent to Hernandez

Another story you should check out

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry its hard to feel sorry for anyone in this OP. Everyone walks away with millions.
Where is the pain?

(post by JohnPhoenix removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Opps.. I'll retry that LOL.. I guess they didn't like my link.. Sorry.

nfflhome,

I was making the point that if the Drug Cartel Los Zetas were involved, it's no good because it's all wrapped up in innocent blood money. I won't post the link but you can see these same Los Zetas on popular gore sites proudly be-heading and slowly torturing even innocent young ladies they kidnapped to death.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome
Sorry its hard to feel sorry for anyone in this OP. Everyone walks away with millions.
Where is the pain?

I understand.
But the point is the MLB teams are encouraging human trafficking
putting hard cold cash in the hands of the cartels.

So far we've only heard the stories from players who were picking up on an a pro baseball contract.
what happened to the rejects?
were they killed, were their families killed.

no matter how you look at it this is yet another case where big biz had gotten into bed with the cold cruel underworld all for the sake of cherry picking the best players who'll win more games and generate greater profits for the franchises and damn the consequences.

new topics

top topics

join