It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SSimon
Good evening Mr Beckerman...how thrilling to have you here.

Can you describe one example of tangible research you did in the area,
like running in the woods with cellphones or anything thoroughly examined on the ground ?

Thank you SSimon,

Happy to be here to answer these questions.

Here are some pictures I took at Brown Mountain with a friend of mine who is a Shaman. The lights were there full on this evening and what showed up in our pictures were amazing.
www.mattybeckerman.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

Hi Matty,

I'm going to have more than one question for you today; the first is:

Are you familiar with Dean Alioto's films Alien Abduction from 1989, and the remake, Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County from 1998, and are you aware of the controversy that UPN generated for itself by airing the latter in the manner that they did?

And if so, does the following web page have anything to do with you and your movie:

News: Brown Mountain Abductions

...?

Thanks in advance.

Hey There Bybyots

Thanks for reaching out. This is fun!

Here are the simple answers.
Yes, No, and Yes.

I didn't hear about incident at lake county until after we made our movie. What controversy at UPN?
and the website is what the movie is based on.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthOej
Could any of the people you interviewed remember any details of their abductions? Like the appearance of the abductors, the appearance of the room they were in, any possible motives, etc....

In most cases people could not remember what happened to them at all. But a couple said very clearly it was The Greys. I would love to regress them hypnotically and see what can be recalled.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks Mr. Beckerman for your answer regarding Dr. Daniel P. Caton's study. I'll follow his work closely.

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

The Pledians seem to look nordic. don't know if there is a connection there, but I would love to explore it.

You just referenced the Pleiades myth when the stars of the Pleiades are all very young (75 to 150 million years as opposed to our solar system and Earth's 4.5 billion year age) meaning they are far too young to have produced advanced life and are a very high radiation environment so not likely places human looking biological beings would want to hang out.

1. May I ask why, in light of this hard evidence to the contrary you seem to believe in the Pleiadian myth?

2. People once used to believe in beautiful aliens from the planet Venus (1950s UFO contactee stories) before the average person knew Venus was a hell hole. I am sure Dr. Caton can further explain this to you. How long do you think it will be before the average person learns and understands the Pleiades are too young and hostile to advanced life?

3. Dr Caton said the following about the Brown Mountain Lights having monitored them: "
“It must be some natural phenomenon that produces it. The bottom line is, I hope we explain it, and I don't think we'll ruin it [for people],” Caton said. “I know how a rainbow works, and I still appreciate rainbows.”
in light of that why should we believe aliens are behind them any more than aliens are behind rainbows?

4. What evidence for abduction do any of these people have beyond a story?

BTW: I am an astronomy and astrobiology major at the University of Washington whose primary work at the moment is studying the environment around stars like the ones of the Pleiades and others to help aid the search for extrasolar planets.

I also have a slight interest in the UFOs/Anomalous Aerial Phenomena subject and follow Peter A. Sturrock's recommendations for exploring it.
edit on 28-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What controversy at UPN?

Here you are...

UPN TV's "ALIEN ABDUCTION" VIDEO STIRS OUTRAGE

Original file name: CNI - UPN.abduction hoax:

On Tuesday, January 20, 1998 the UPN television network presented a one-hour special titled "Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County."

The program aroused extreme anger and resentment among UFO researchers and many other viewers familiar with the concept of alien abduction, whether from study or personal experience. In the view of CNI News, this program was shamefully exploitive and deceitful.

For those viewers not yet certain whether the show presented authentic video of a possible abduction in process, as claimed, let us offer the categorical guarantee:

The abduction video was entirely fake. The McPherson family does not exist. The incident did not occur.

It was reccommended to concerned citizens that they send along this form letter, written by Don Waldrop of MUFON Los Angeles, to UPN:

"Dear UPN Channel (xxx, your local affiliate),

"I recently witnessed on your channel a very destructive bit of misinformation masquerading as a documentary.

"The fake docu-drama, 'Incident In Lake County', promoted and aired with the questions asking 'Is it real?', was the worst kind of misleading and fear-mongering programming. It was clearly designed to cause fear of alien abduction in the average person.

"As I am sure you know, there are a large number of people who have had actual sightings of UFOs. What you may not know, but easily could have with a little research, is that a significant portion of the public believes they have actually had contact with alien entities. This section of our population includes many well-educated and productive people. Many are traumatized by this belief and many are looking to the press and television to help them separate fact from fiction.

"By televising programs like this, you are doing your watchers an extreme disservice by blurring the distinctions of reality, causing those who feel they are experiencing these events even more trauma while fueling those more skeptical members of the public to be even more closed to the possibility of life outside of our tiny world.

"I personally feel programming like this is yellow journalism at its worst. I now know that your integrity is at question and will avoid watching any further UFO or ET subject programming on UPN."

Same Link

That's what happened at UPN.

edit on 28-4-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Trailor looks brill! I shall watch it at some point, although i'm in England and I don't think I can access it from here yet. The Google & Sony links said it wasn't available.

Alien Abduction looks truly horrific experience and i'd like to ask you if you think that Alien Abduction could be associated with Sleep paralysis in any way?

I used to have this SP happen quite often (I'm sure you have read about SP), a force of some kind scaring the sh it out of us. They also have sex with us and i'm wondering if that is for some 'Alien Hybrid' experiment.I also have had other experiences while asleep where I have felt like i was being 'lifted' or in the process of being 'teleported' until I awoke quite suddenly with shock not knowing if I was truly going somewhere or whether it was just a dream. It hasn't happened for a good few years now and I wonder if it was because I was too scared to let it take me, i kept waking up and they gave up on me. Or of course, maybe I was just dreaming.

Thanks in advance.

Matty, you have missed my post and questions...

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Hi Matty!! I am in school at Full Sail in the BS Digital Cinematography program.
I live in the Panhandle Area of Florida, Gulf Breeze area where it often said the Alien Sightings Capital.

Have you done any research down here? I am interested in working on a project like yours and was wondering if you knew of any resources in this area concerning stories of Alien Abductions.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
Thanks Mr. Beckham for your answer regarding Dr. Daniel P. Caton's study. I'll follow his work closely.

originally posted by: MattyBeckermanThe Pledians seem to look nordic. don't know if there is a connection there, but I would love to explore it.

You just referenced the Pleiades myth when the stars of the Pleiades are all very young (75 to 150 million years as opposed to our solar system and Earth's 4.5 billion year age) meaning they are far too young to have produced advanced life and are a very high radiation environment so not likely places human looking biological beings would want to hang out.

1. May I ask why, in light of this hard evidence to the contrary you seem to believe in the Pleiadian myth?

2. People once used to believe in beautiful aliens from the planet Venus before the average person knew Venus was a hell hole. I am sure Dr. Caton can further explain this to you. How long do you think it will be before the average person learns and understands the Pleiades are too young and hostile to advanced life?

3. Dr Caton said the following about the Brown Mountain Lights having monitored them: "
“It must be some natural phenomenon that produces it. The bottom line is, I hope we explain it, and I don't think we'll ruin it [for people],” Caton said. “I know how a rainbow works, and I still appreciate rainbows.”
in light of that why should we believe aliens are behind them any more than aliens are behind rainbows?

4. What evidence for abduction do any of these people have beyond a story?

BTW: I am an astronomy and astrobiology major at the University of Washington whose primary work at the moment is studying the environment around stars like this and others to help aid the search for extra solar planets.

I also have a slight interest in the UFOs/Anomalous Aerial Phenomena subject and follow Peter A. Sturrock's recommendations for exploring it.

I'm not sure if I do believe the Pledian concept, but I do keep an open minded approach to all things.
Lets break this down a bit.
Even though earth is older humans have only been documented on this planet for a fractional amount of time.
Humanity's evolution is rapid. If you looked at the timeline of the earths existence and put it on a football field the amount of time humanity has been here might be the width of a hair right next to the end of the field goal.

And you have to think 75 - 150 million years seems like long enough to establish a race of intelligent beings.

I put Daniel Caton's interview in the film not to convince you that aliens exist but to show exactly that, Another theory examined by a scientist. I respect all science. My father is a scientist with 40+ patents in technology.

But science can't explain life/god/faith/or things beyond whats tangible in front of you.

I am more that a body, I am more than this machine.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Hi,

Do you think that aliens are humans from the future?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Trailor looks brill! I shall watch it at some point, although i'm in England and I don't think I can access it from here yet. The Google & Sony links said it wasn't available.

Alien Abduction looks truly horrific experience and i'd like to ask you if you think that Alien Abduction could be associated with Sleep paralysis in any way?

I used to have this SP happen quite often (I'm sure you have read about SP), a force of some kind scaring the sh it out of us. They also have sex with us and i'm wondering if that is for some 'Alien Hybrid' experiment.I also have had other experiences while asleep where I have felt like i was being 'lifted' or in the process of being 'teleported' until I awoke quite suddenly with shock not knowing if I was truly going somewhere or whether it was just a dream. It hasn't happened for a good few years now and I wonder if it was because I was too scared to let it take me, i kept waking up and they gave up on me. Or of course, maybe I was just dreaming.

Thanks in advance.

Matty, you have missed my post and questions...

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this...

Hey TruthxIsxInxThexMist

While visiting my grandparents house for the holidays my sister had an episode of SP. She described an old woman holding her down in the bed pushing her. She tried to scream and couldn't get the words out. My sister was traumatized by the experience and refused to sleep in that bedroom ever again. It was over 20 years ago and she still sneaks past that room completely freaked out. We looked it up and found that it was common and many many many other people experience this phenomenon and the woman pushing them down in bed. FREAKY!

I'm not sure if SP is related at all to Alien Abduction because when people talk about abduction it's often correlated to times they are not sleeping at all.

That being said I wouldn't rule anything out.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeronimo
Hi,

Thanks

Nope, But I do believe they could possibly be dimensional.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I liked the movie very much

Had some nightmares after...
But hey...i also like nightmares very much

The sounds and screams aboard the craft were most disturbing...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Even though earth is older humans have only been documented on this planet for a fractional amount of time.
Humanity's evolution is rapid. If you looked at the timeline of the earths existence and put it on a football field the amount of time humanity has been here might be the width of a hair right next to the end of the field goal.

Yes. After 4 billion years of biological evolution. Not 75-150 million.

And you have to think 75 - 150 million years seems like long enough to establish a race of intelligent beings.

Not when it took more than that to come up with just a single cell organism on Earth.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to get across here.

You see, since it took more than 800 million years to produce even a single celled organism on Earth it is unreasonable to assume it would only take 75 million to 150 million years to come up with the human looking beings that some claim come from the Pleiades.

Complex biology and life takes time to evolve and the Pleiades simply have not been around long enough for that to happen.

It gets worse for the Pleiades mythos.

Any of the Pleiades stars's planets are likely being bombarded by asteroids and other debris left over from their formation similar to when Earth was only 150 million years old. See The Late Heavy Bombardment

Life didn't start on Earth until that bombardment was over. BTW: That bombardment is part of the reason we have plentiful water in oceans. Which we think lead to life.

There's evidence for this is happening right now in the Pleiades in the dust and debris you see around these stars. The very dust and debris which make the Pleiades look beautiful is also what likely makes life on any such planet impossible.

On an interview you did with Podcast UFO you stated you are a skeptic so, knowing that, I trust that you'd approach such stories with a HEAVY dose of skepticism in the future.

Science is a candle in the darkness. WIthout it we'd all still be walking around in a demon haunted world where lightning and storms were signs of the Gods displeasure.
edit on 28-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BluWolf66

Hi Matty!! I am in school at Full Sail in the BS Digital Cinematography program.
I live in the Panhandle Area of Florida, Gulf Breeze area where it often said the Alien Sightings Capital.

Have you done any research down here? I am interested in working on a project like yours and was wondering if you knew of any resources in this area concerning stories of Alien Abductions.

That is terrific your studying film. I've had a few friends who have gone to Full Sail mainly for music.
Reach out to me through my website www.mattybeckerman.com and send me an email through the contact page. I'll then write you back and you can send me your resume for consideration to work on our next film.

I have not done any research in FL.

Best
Matty

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Yes. After 4 billion years of biological evolution. Not 75-150 million.

Not when it took more than that to come up with just a single cell organism on Earth.

Sorry if you misunderstood what I was trying to get across here.

You see, since it took more than 800 million years to produce even a single celled organism on Earth it is unreasonable to assume it would only take 75 million to 150 million years to come up with the human looking beings that some claim come from the Pleiades.

Complex biology and life takes time to evolve and the Pleiades simply have not been around long enough for that to happen.

It gets worse for the Pleiades mythos.

Any of the Pleiades stars's planets are likely being bombarded by asteroids and other debris left over from their formation similar to when Earth was only 150 million years old. See The Late Heavy Bombardment

Life didn't start on Earth until that bombardment was over. BTW: That bombardment is part of the reason we have plentiful water in oceans. Which we think lead to life.

There's evidence for this is happening right now in the Pleiades in the dust and debris you see around these stars. The very dust and debris which make the Pleiades look beautiful is also what likely makes life on any such planet impossible.

On an interview you did with Podcast UFO you stated you are a skeptic so, knowing that, I trust that you'd approach such stories with a HEAVY dose of skepticism in the future.

Science is a candle in the darkness. WIthout it we'd all still be walking around in a demon haunted world where lightning and storms were signs of the Gods displeasure.

You could be correct in those assumptions. Maybe the Pleiades is just that, too young for life. But, looking through a telescope and trying to sum up a solar system is awfully presumptuous. We barely know what is going on here on earth at the bottom of our oceans. We disprove scientific theory daily. It was a well accepted concept the earth was flat only a few hundred years ago.

I'm no longer a skeptic, I've seen too much now.

But do you believe in life on other worlds?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

I wasn't going to ask a question, because this isn't my area of expertise. But I see you know Lawrence Bender. Is there any way for you and he to get Tarantino in a room, liquor or other him up, and get him to agree to do the "Kill Bill" sequel? Please do whatever you can, even if aliens have to get involved. Thanks!

From my understanding they are working on Kill Bill 3.

Nice. Since your answer got a few stars, I must say you may have made some news today with this post (as I can find no other mention on the web about Kill Bill 3 going ahead - last news was that Tarintino says "probably not"), but nobody here will tell anyone. Did you get this info recently, or awhile ago? *gnawing on my feet in anticipation*

Since I'm here again (Hi!), a related-to-the-topic question. Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's material? In "Cosmic Trigger" he gets into the Sirius alien data that he and Leary were experiencing (although he, of course, says it may have been coming from his own subconscious, as we all may be coming from), which you may enjoy if you haven't read it. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

Hi Matty, i have to say i know next to nothing about these reported phenomena from that area, but my first instinct is to ask do these tend to correlate to the European tradition of the Faeries...?

I have to admit I know nothing about Faeries, but I'm happy for you to explain it to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I wasn't going to ask a question, because this isn't my area of expertise. But I see you know Lawrence Bender. Is there any way for you and he to get Tarantino in a room, liquor or other him up, and get him to agree to do the "Kill Bill" sequel? Please do whatever you can, even if aliens have to get involved. Thanks!

From my understanding they are working on Kill Bill 3.

www.imdb.com...

Here is Lawrence Benders IMDB page, kill bill 3 is on it, in development.

Nice. Since your answer got a few stars, I must say you may have made some news today with this post (as I can find no other mention on the web about Kill Bill 3 going ahead - last news was that Tarintino says "probably not"), but nobody here will tell anyone. Did you get this info recently, or awhile ago? *gnawing on my feet in anticipation*

Since I'm here again (Hi!), a related-to-the-topic question. Have you read Robert Anton Wilson's material? In "Cosmic Trigger" he gets into the Sirius alien data that he and Leary were experiencing (although he, of course, says it may have been coming from his own subconscious, as we all may be coming from), which you may enjoy if you haven't read it. Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jeronimo
Hi,

Thanks

Nope, But I do believe they could possibly be dimensional.

Welcome!

And I'm glad to see that you have this view. My personal opinion is, that our bodies are just shells housing something much more complex than we can quantify, in our human form. And that we are somehow stuck/trap in these human forms.

Lots of talk of OBE's and Astral Travel here on ATS.

I think a film maker that could somehow pull some case histories together and try to link dimensional travel, OBE's, and similar will have a massive hit on their hands, but it would have to be done with care.

Would you consider another film?

Regards,

RT

edit on 28-4-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Yes I was wondering is the movie based on actual real events or is it mostly fiction???

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join