It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am going to read through this more tomorrow while I am at work & will likely have a few questions - this seems to be an incredibly substantial thread full of fascinating stuff - I don't know if anyone else brought it up, but I just wanted to thank you for your involvement in that Dillinger Escape Plan record, it has stood the test of time incredibly well & you should be very proud of it. From one previous small label owner to another, my most sincere thanks for all your efforts.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Why haven't Extraterrestrials sat down in front of me, and discussed with me about gravito-vibratic technology? I mean, I feel like they don't care or something? All their engines are really inefficient and take so much energy to operate because they are rotating matter, or utilizing quasi-crystals to manipulate space and there is so much more efficient ways-I just don't understand why they don't speak with us? They probe our butts, but not our brains, seems kind of off right?

Are extraterrestrials using nanotechnology EEG readers with automatic radio emitters transmitting our thoughts?

Cause then I can use my thoughts to manipulate their technology.

Do extraterrestrials remotely view our planet like we are starting to remotely view primal cultures in the amazon to prevent them from being destroyed through direct contact?

How many species of extraterrestrials are there?

How many species of extraterrestrials are merely branches of past human cultures that manipulated their genetics through sonication and transfection of human embryos?

When are extraterrestrials going to speak with us? I would love to ask them questions on various subjects to see their knowledge base and culture? Do extraterrestrials have a specific culture similiar to human with egotistical assholes wanting to control others?

How many extraterrestrial species have established bases on Earth?

How many extraterrestrial species want to help humans progress and transform?

How many extraterrestrial species are involved in abductions meant to study human genetics and epigenetics?

How many extraterrestrial species come from other galaxies?

How many extraterrestrial species come from this galaxy(milky way)?

How many extraterrestrial species trade with each other?

Is there a universal language that is used to communicate with all extraterrestrial species?

Is there universal rights recognized by all extraterrestrial species?

Do extraterrestrials have some form of dogma, religion, ideology, regimented structure in their daily habits?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Hey Matty!

Congratulation on making this film, it looks really good!
I'm a filmmaker, and I'd like to know how you managed to get financing to make your movie.

Lawrence Bender is a pretty big name and I'd be interested how you got to pitch them something.

What was the range of the budget for the film?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

These lights are they all in one direction like little spots or is it a blue light that is every where as far as the eyes can see and a bit like lightning without the flash or epicenter and lasts much longer before slowly diming away ?

I ask because I have seen such an event and put it down to the military.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: JadeStar

Just because life may be common does not mean advanced life would come here to abduct people. There aren't many good, logical reasons a species which can traverse the enormous distances between the stars would have to abduct people from one small part of North Carolina.

Just curious...what led you to make the statement about "one small part of North Carolina"?

The OP stated that these lights happen all over the world, and in some cases (as with the NC variety) have been documented for centuries.

Because I wanted to limit my response to the Brown Mountain lights.

Just because some lights are seen in another part of the world which the OP may not have direct experience with doesn't mean the two are related or the source of the phenomena is the same or even similar. It's basic logic. Unless there is a good reason to tie them together (such as evidence they come from the same source) one should avoid drawing conclusions that they have the same source. And that goes for them regardless of their sources (ie: ball lightning, ionized gas or even some form of extraterrestrial technology).

You're making the rather dubious argument that in order for the NC phenomenon to be valid it would require space travelers to have come all this way just to hang out in some little town in NC, am I reading that correctly?

Incorrect.

The OP is making the rather dubious argument that the lights are not only extraterrestrial in nature but also responsible for abducting people.

The lights are a valid phenomena but jumping to a wild conclusion that they must be from extraterrestrials given zero material evidence to support that while other more earthly sources of the lights are actively under study by Dr. Dan Caton and others effectively undermines any serious study to learn what they are by adding a whole layer of foolishness on top of them.

The lights may very well represent something new we didn't know about our world. Perhaps a new energy source. Adding the layer of UFOs, abductions, etc onto them doesn't help the people who might seriously want to learn more about their natural source.

Simply saying "ALIENS!" because something is unexplained is a modern surrogate for saying "The Gods Must Be Angry!" at every lightning strike.

And why, of all the places on Earth, would they bother with said little town in NC, right? A derisive statement, yeah?

Not at all. Again, simple logic would lead us to a different conclusion.

Isn't it more reasonable that if extraterrestrial aliens spent the enormous amounts of energy it takes to get here even from Alpha Centauri, our nearest star system, that they would drop in on the U.N. or people who actually have the job of learning how we might one day communicate with aliens and convey that information to the greater world?

If the lights WERE alien in nature our question SHOULD be "What is in North Carolina which is attracting them?"

North Carolina, just like every other place on the planet, is far older than its name. Who is to say that centuries ago it wasn't the most happening place in the galaxy? Who is to say that it doesn't contain something special that draws an advanced race of beings back to it time and time again that is simply not within our capacity to grasp the meaning or usefulness of?

All of which reads like good sci-fi when a more natural explanation of them is far more likely.

If a space-faring race travels light years to arrive here, they do it for a reason...a resource, some type of tactical advantage, etc.

They aren't going to care that it is just some little area in NC versus a large city or well-known site...if we have something they need, they'll take it, geographical location not withstanding. In fact, the location could actually be optimal for them because of its relative obscurity...hiding in plain sight and no one the wiser save for those loony "UFO people"...I mean come on, no one listens to them anyway...right?
Food for thought.

RIght. However....

Considering how plentiful resources of just about any type imaginable are in the Galaxy it makes little sense that there is anything in North Carolina, or anywhere on Earth for that matter which they couldn't get easier on an uninhabited planet closer to their home. There are around 50 billion planets like Earth in the galaxy. Most of them are probably uninhabited.

Interstellar travel for material resources is great sci fi but unlikely to ever be sci reality for that reason.

So that only leaves us as the resource.

The only resource I could see an advanced alien species interested in might be unique experiences. IE: downloading the contents of our minds to add to their Encyclopedia Galactica.

However, were one to want to do this, the last thing one would want to do is attract attention to the fact that they're doing it by lighting things up at night.

We don't go into the jungles to study apes at night with lights. Presumably advanced aliens would not either.

Which then would lead the thinking person back to "hmmm, probably not alien, probably a natural phenomena."

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive, and the most ruthlessly skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new. This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan
edit on 30-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi and thanks for stopping by ats!

Thought I had posted a question yesterday.. Can't seem to find it and short on time so I'm gonna go ahead and repost it, so many questions anyways

So I have this very unsetteling picture taken by coincidence while using my ipad (sadly not my camera) I belive the picture is thrown from the pad, too creapy but I've kept an unedited (I belive so at least
Rough time in my life atm so a lil hard with the memory atm) but it should be OK if anyone wants to check for hoaxes etc. Need a hand how to get it online safe n sound. Do't want to upload it from my home and I will DEFENETLY not take critisism on here as a hoaxer, my life is just too rough at the moment. This is a true picture taken here... A lot of light that comes in throuhg my window but the circumstances around the pic are just mindblowing.. at least for me who took it.

This picture was taken while watching the documentary about Orson Wells radio show in US (War of the worlds?) while practicing my pad on my new furnishing to show a friend of mine who does homestyling for a living, needed some critisism on the picutre but after going through my pics it made a hard turn directly here to ats

Please help me out what to do! I really would like to get one decent gray pic online at least.
edit on 30-4-2014 by threepwood because: some spelling etc.

edit on 30-4-2014 by threepwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: threepwood

Thought I had posted a question yesterday.. Can't seem to find it and short on time so I'm gonna go ahead and repost it, so many questions anyways

So I have this very unsetteling picture taken by coincidence while using my ipad (sadly not my camera) I belive the picture is thrown from the pad, too creapy but I've kept an unedited (I belive so at least
Rough time in my life atm so a lil hard with the memory atm) but it should be OK if anyone wants to check for hoaxes etc. Need a hand how to get it online safe n sound. Do't want to upload it from my home and I will DEFENETLY not take critisism on here

Forget it.

Analysis requires criticism. If you're not open to it then your photo is of little use.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Nah it's good as long as people show some faith at least

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Not at all. Again, simple logic would lead us to a different conclusion.

Isn't it more reasonable that if extraterrestrial aliens spent the enormous amounts of energy it takes to get here even from Alpha Centauri, our nearest star system, that they would drop in on the U.N. or people who actually have the job of learning how we might one day communicate with aliens and convey that information to the greater world?

If the lights WERE alien in nature our question SHOULD be "What is in North Carolina which is attracting them?"

Perhaps I did not make my point clear enough the first time. My apologies...I will try again. No, it is not "more reasonable" that ET's would drop in on the U.N. or any other place of that nature. As I previously stated, if there is an advanced race of space-faring beings (or more likely, several races) who wish to come to our planet for whatever reason (some resource they need only being an example), they are not going to care about going and communicating with U.N. officials and holding press conferences and making sure they only show themselves to people who are in the business of extraterrestrial communication. Why would they?

If they have the means to drop in on whatever planet they choose, they certainly are not going to be concerned with our customs and societal expectations of who they should report to upon their arrival. They can already travel light years through space, so why would they be concerned about asking permission for anything from our world "leaders"? We're troglodytes compared to these beings.

They're going to come and take what they want whenever they want, and if it's available in bulk along some relatively unknown area of the U.S., that only helps them out. Why send your fleet of ships straight to the U.N. headquarters to announce your presence to the world and get everyone on the planet all riled up when you can just quietly go get it from a safe environment where the biggest threat is a crowd of people with cameras ooh-ing and ahh-ing about the pretty lights up in the sky? Hiding in plain sight. For centuries.

I was under the impression that people are asking the question as to why they are drawn to North Carolina...isn't that kind of what we're discussing here? That's certainly why I tuned in to this thread...to gather information and hopefully get closer to understanding the purpose and meaning behind the lights and the abductions that people are reporting.

As far as the lights being "alien" in origin or just some type of energy anomaly, of course other explanations are entirely possible. Anything is possible. I've never been out there and seen those lights, but I've seen lights right here where I live; hovering, shooting up into the air after plummeting almost to the ground, hurtling across the sky like a skipping stone...doing things that no aircraft are capable of doing, completely silent...and they are not only far too large to be some random ball of energy but also intelligently moving, piloted by someone. If those lights are anything like what we see here, they are most definitely not an energy anomaly...anyone who has seen what I'm talking about can tell immediately that this is something deliberate and intelligent. They like to show off, and they know you're watching them too.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman
I attended Tulane University, in New Orleans, where I founded a record label called Now Or Never Records and put out the first record from “The Dillinger Escape Plan”.

Huge Dillenger fan! Thats AWESOME! thanks for everything. Will watch video and post some insight on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Faith? Is UFOlogy as in the study of UFOs, a science or is it a religion?

Science does not require faith, nor belief. It requires verifiable data and analysis.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

As far as the lights being "alien" in origin or just some type of energy anomaly, of course other explanations are entirely possible. Anything is possible. I've never been out there and seen those lights, but I've seen lights right here where I live; hovering, shooting up into the air after plummeting almost to the ground, hurtling across the sky like a skipping stone...doing things that no aircraft are capable of doing, completely silent...and they are not only far too large to be some random ball of energy but also intelligently moving, piloted by someone. If those lights are anything like what we see here, they are most definitely not an energy anomaly...anyone who has seen what I'm talking about can tell immediately that this is something deliberate and intelligent. They like to show off, and they know you're watching them too.

Do you own a camera? Or video recorder? Or camera phone?

If so, presumably you've got good photos and videos of all these happenings since 'they like to show off'.

So where are they?
edit on 30-4-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Faith? Is UFOlogy as in the study of UFOs, a science or is it a religion?

Science does not require faith, nor belief. It requires verifiable data and analysis.

Not that I disagree with you but you can have faith in something and it still not be religion.

-SAP-
edit on 30-4-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hello I saw the movie and wanted to ask if there was a real footage from a camera that fell out the sky or was it fiction?
Also I saw the picture of the face above your head and want to show you a picture as well that might help.I am very interested in the subject of these entities and have been since I was a child.A friend snapped a pic of her living room to show her boyfriend how she set up the furniture and what she caught was a amazing picture in my eyes.look at the t.v closely.
www.keepandshare.com...
edit on 30-4-2014 by unbreakable1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2014 by unbreakable1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I have seen them at least three times in the central Texas hill country. I posted a link to some pics I got on this thread. I had the camera set on auto, and I believe the aperture was open too long. Better than nothing I guess.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
The one I photographed was much less spectacular than some of the other sightings I've had. I've seen one land. It was really odd. It appeared, when landed, to be a glowing orange triangle. I could not tell if it was conical or had facets. It seemed almost to be 2 dimensional. When it hovered, it appeared as a cluster of three balls of light that flickered in multi colors. When it flew it morphed into a single white ball of light, accelerated at impossible speed, and left glowing cobweb like filaments floating in the air.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: townio
Hey Matty!

Congratulation on making this film, it looks really good!
I'm a filmmaker, and I'd like to know how you managed to get financing to make your movie.

Lawrence Bender is a pretty big name and I'd be interested how you got to pitch them something.

What was the range of the budget for the film?

Thanks

Hey Townio,

Thanks so much. We financed the film with friends and family. Robert Lewis, My best friend from childhood, and I wrote it together. Lawrence Bender came on board early on in the process when I gave him the first script. Lawrence and I were friends before this.

The budget was super super low. I won't say an exact number but it was tight.

Best
Matty

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantstoknowmore
Why haven't Extraterrestrials sat down in front of me, and discussed with me about gravito-vibratic technology? I mean, I feel like they don't care or something? All their engines are really inefficient and take so much energy to operate because they are rotating matter, or utilizing quasi-crystals to manipulate space and there is so much more efficient ways-I just don't understand why they don't speak with us? They probe our butts, but not our brains, seems kind of off right?

Are extraterrestrials using nanotechnology EEG readers with automatic radio emitters transmitting our thoughts?

Cause then I can use my thoughts to manipulate their technology.

Do extraterrestrials remotely view our planet like we are starting to remotely view primal cultures in the amazon to prevent them from being destroyed through direct contact?

How many species of extraterrestrials are there?

How many species of extraterrestrials are merely branches of past human cultures that manipulated their genetics through sonication and transfection of human embryos?

When are extraterrestrials going to speak with us? I would love to ask them questions on various subjects to see their knowledge base and culture? Do extraterrestrials have a specific culture similiar to human with egotistical assholes wanting to control others?

How many extraterrestrial species have established bases on Earth?

How many extraterrestrial species want to help humans progress and transform?

How many extraterrestrial species are involved in abductions meant to study human genetics and epigenetics?

How many extraterrestrial species come from other galaxies?

How many extraterrestrial species come from this galaxy(milky way)?

How many extraterrestrial species trade with each other?

Is there a universal language that is used to communicate with all extraterrestrial species?

Is there universal rights recognized by all extraterrestrial species?

Do extraterrestrials have some form of dogma, religion, ideology, regimented structure in their daily habits?

This is a lot of questions and I don't think I have any of these answers. But it's interesting to think about.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Watched the movie yesterday, wondering how you can rule out human abduction rather than alien?

Do you fear aliens?

All Aliens?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard

These lights are they all in one direction like little spots or is it a blue light that is every where as far as the eyes can see and a bit like lightning without the flash or epicenter and lasts much longer before slowly diming away ?

I ask because I have seen such an event and put it down to the military.

They move in all different directions and move around objects. They stop they hover and they move with rapid speed.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Rough time in my life atm so a lil hard with the memory atm) but it should be OK if anyone wants to check for hoaxes etc. Need a hand how to get it online safe n sound. Do't want to upload it from my home and I will DEFENETLY not take critisism on here as a hoaxer, my life is just too rough at the moment. This is a true picture taken here... A lot of light that comes in throuhg my window but the circumstances around the pic are just mindblowing.. at least for me who took it.

This picture was taken while watching the documentary about Orson Wells radio show in US (War of the worlds?) while practicing my pad on my new furnishing to show a friend of mine who does homestyling for a living, needed some critisism on the picutre but after going through my pics it made a hard turn directly here to ats

Please help me out what to do! I really would like to get one decent gray pic online at least.

www.mattybeckerman.com
Send me an email through the site. I would love to see it and would not judge you for anything. I've taken some pretty wild pictures myself and would keep it confidential if you need it.

Best
Matty

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join