It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
Sorry if this was asked & I missed it...
did any one on your team try to signal to the lights
with a flashlight or other light source? If so did the
"lights" respond intelligently back? Thank you!

Cheers
Ektar

Actually I did try signaling the lights with my flashlight and I had a green laser pointer with me. It didn't seem to react to the flashlight, but it did move a bit when I pointed the laser.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Has anyone ever tried to get close to these lights?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

Thank you for responding. I use a flashlight or laser for signaling
& will use a certain pattern to see if it's repeated back.
I hope we get a crew to visit Brown Mountain within the
first 2 wks of Sept. ...a few of us are trying to plan it & as
you already know Homer NC has a few going this weekend.

I'm 7 hrs north so I'm unable to attend this weekend but I'm looking
forward to hearing about the ATS Adventure!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

That being said, it is a movie, and a fictional account of real stories.

Like The 4th Kind was fictional accounts of authentic stories???
Genuine question of intrigue!!!

Many think that since it was all actors in The 4th Kind that is was all just made up...
I actually have described it as you portrayed your film Sir!!!
Authentic, but augmented for Hollywood!!!

Looks like an interesting film & I can't wait to see it pal, welcome to ATS...
Hope we give you good reason to stick around after the AMA!!!

Peace Matty!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
The thread title seems to assume that the brown mountain lights is something everyone knows about. What are these lights? I've never heard of them and I think that they should be explained here and not be something we have to search the web for. Who what where when and how are the requirements in making a report. Seems some info is just assumed to be common knowledge. It's not.

Hey Autumn,

I'll do my best to explain the lights and indeed I'll post some links to view as well to backup my information.
I'll grab some information directly from the sources.

For over 800 years strange lights have been appearing on Brown Mountain North Carolina. The first known stories date back to the Cherokee and Catawba Native Americans. The legend says that a large group of Native americans went missing and that the lights are the souls of the Native American maidens out looking for their men.

From
www.brownmountainabductions.com...[url]
[url]http://www.brownmountainlights.com/

For centuries people have been disappearing on and around Brown Mountain, North Carolina We believe the disappearances are directly linked with the Brown Mountain lights. The local folklore is full of stories of people who have gone missing after witnessing the lights.

The first encounter dates back to the Cherokee Indians around the year 1200. According to Indian legend, a great battle was fought between the Cherokee and Catawba Indians near Brown Mountain. The Cherokees believed that the lights were the spirits of Indian maidens who went on searching through the centuries for their loved ones who had died in battle.

One of the most famous legends of the Brown Mountain Lights was of a plantation owner who was hunting in the mountains and got lost. His slaves came to look for him and were seen searching through the hills with lanterns. They never returned. The disappearances inspired one of the most famous blue grass songs “legend of the brown mountain lights” written by Scott Wiseman in the 1960’s.

Another such legend is of a woman who disappeared around 1850, the general suspicion was that her husband had killed her. Almost everyone in the community joined the search for her and one dark night while the search was on the strange lights appeared on Brown Mountain. Some of the searchers thought that this was the dead woman's spirit come back to haunt her murderer and warn the searchers to stop looking for her body. The search ended without a trace of her body and a large group of searchers disappeared themselves.

Clips of news reports/National Geographic

Local Interview with Chair maker Max Woody

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Many think that since it was all actors in The 4th Kind that is was all just made up...

Peace Matty!!!

Thanks for the backup there Charlie, much appreciated. Initially I set out to just make a film about The Brown Mountain lights and my entire world of beliefs has been turned upside down. It's amazing and so glad I started to take this journey. It's opened me up entirely.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: masterp

I have been close enough to hit one with a rock. Whatever these things are, it is outside of the scope of my understanding.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the backup there Charlie, much appreciated. Initially I set out to just make a film about The Brown Mountain lights and my entire world of beliefs has been turned upside down. It's amazing and so glad I started to take this journey. It's opened me up entirely.

No problem Sir!!!

It's probably the main subject involving a needed experience to think differently towards...
I don't believe in non-believers... But I know some need to have the experience themselves!!!

Been a pleasure reading the thread so far...

So a quick question seeing as I answered my own...
Anything else in the pipeline for the future that specifically catches your attention in ufology???

Peace Matty!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: masterp
Has anyone ever tried to get close to these lights?

Yes actually there is a first hand account that Joshua P Warren shared with me in an interview about a man who physically reached out and touched the lights in front of a group of about 9 other witnesses. I'll post his interview on YouTube so everyone can see it. It's Fascinating for sure.

There were 2 accounts of what happened. one from the man who touched the lights and from the witnesses. He said he felt like he was electrocuted for only about 4 seconds "sticking his finger in an electrical socket"
The group said that it looked like he was stuck for more than 5 minutes stiff as a board.

That to me sounds like a time manipulation.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Left blank
edit on 29-4-2014 by MattyBeckerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
this i erased the wrong one. but all good. Thx ATS

Having an amazing time with everyone.
edit on 29-4-2014 by MattyBeckerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
a reply to: masterp

I have been close enough to hit one with a rock. Whatever these things are, it is outside of the scope of my understanding.

That's awesome, where were you when you saw them? I've heard many many stories of people seeing them up close.

here is a clip of a crowd of people after our premiere of the film in Morganton, NC
check out how many people had seen the lights.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No problem Sir!!!

It's probably the main subject involving a needed experience to think differently towards...
I don't believe in non-believers... But I know some need to have the experience themselves!!!

Been a pleasure reading the thread so far...

So a quick question seeing as I answered my own...
Anything else in the pipeline for the future that specifically catches your attention in ufology???

Peace Matty!!!

Yes, I'm working on a new script at the moment that deals with hypnotic regression and abductee's/past lives/and all that good stuff.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Having an amazing time with everyone.

I have to give you this for your movie...

Very well done...

Thank you for spending time with us.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Peace Matty!!!
The Fourth Kind was a not so subtle Christian propaganda, imvho...i.e. aliens/ETs = demons/devils.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yes, I'm working on a new script at the moment that deals with hypnotic regression and abductee's/past lives/and all that good stuff.

Sounds excellent Sir...
An almost untouched subtopic in ufology, good luck with everything!!!

Peace Matty!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reject

The Fourth Kind was a not so subtle Christian propaganda, imvho...i.e. aliens/ETs = demons/devils.

As I said, augmented for Hollywood effect!!!
But let's be more courteous and let the gentleman keep his thread on topic!!!

Peace Reject!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm really enjoying this thread.

I don't have any questions, as others have asked them for me.

I just wanted to thank you for being here for a second day.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join