It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

I would just put it up here. But here is a link anyhow.
www.mattybeckerman.com...

here you go

This is terrific, now I can post pics for everyone. In this shot we were both witnessing the brown mountain lights. About 9 orbs were floating and moving around on the mountainside. Look at the picture of the mist over my head. I'm on the right. Do you see the face in it.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

How come you weren't taking pictures of the lights? I also am having a hard time seeing a face.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
Hi Matty:

I haven't watched the movie yet, but plan to this weekend - it appears from the comments it will be a great Saturday night type flick.

My Question - Are you familiar with David Paulides and the "Missing 411" books? If so, do the abductions you have investigated have any correlation or cross over with the Paulides' research?

Thanks so much!
Missie

I'm not familiar with David Paulides, but now I will check it out.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I've given the subject matter a cursory 17 minutes, compared to your years of research

Well said.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

The hessdalen lights are similar and more spectacular and better documented.

Would you happen to know whether there are abductions related to that phenomenon as well that is possibly being kept from the public?

This is my last question so thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
So I did a little browsing and came up with this article.

I actually have no idea how good skeptoid is, but what was said seemed interesting.

The author was unable to actually find anything referring to these lights until 1910. He was also unable to find anything really relating Native American lore.

So let's wrap up what we've learned about the two different manifestations of the Brown Mountain Lights. Regarding those that appear in the sky above a ridge, it's apparent that the 1922 USGS report solved it as described in the following conclusion. Today, nearly 90 years later, the lights are coming from different sources but this analysis probably still holds up:

"In summary it may be said that the Brown Mountain lights are clearly not of unusual nature or origin. About 47 percent of the lights that the writer was able to study instrumentally were due to automobile headlights, 33 percent to locomotive headlights, 10 percent to stationary lights, and 10 percent to brush fires."

As for the lights appearing on the faces of the hills, we find there are no historical references to such a thing, and only a few recent YouTube videos and modern claims reporting it, in this age of LED flashlights, lanterns, headlamps, and iPhone screens. So I'm confident calling this one unexplained, but also not especially interesting or surprising.

To me it sounds like a little local legend sprang up from the train that made scheduled stops in the area (at the time when the lights were visible). People do what they do and started speculating. This drew more interest and legends started being created.

What are your thoughts on the author being unable to locate anything in print dated before 1910?

The Cherokee didn't keep a written record. The Native American Stories are passed down from generation to generation. According to Professor Daniel P Caton from Appalachian State University the first known report is from George Washington's army. Here is Professor Caton's full interview, hear it from the man himself. Disproving our skeptoid friend. The first news report was from the Charlotte observer in 1910.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Very cool thank you! I'm still puzzled that nothing was written down until 1910. Thoughts as to why? No interest, hadn't been noticed, was ignored?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

How come you weren't taking pictures of the lights? I also am having a hard time seeing a face.

We tried, and it was just a dark blur through the iphone. But what showed up around us was amazing. Let's see if I can get this to work.

I'm going to try and post a bunch of the pics. but for now go here and look
www.mattybeckerman.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hi and welcome

I haven't heard of these lights.
Couldn't watch the film here in Canada.

How are you certain the lights are alien in origin and how they tie into abductions.
Were you abducted?
Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Very cool thank you! I'm still puzzled that nothing was written down until 1910. Thoughts as to why? No interest, hadn't been noticed, was ignored?

It was written down, by George Washington's Army according to Professor Caton.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject

The hessdalen lights are similar and more spectacular and better documented.

Would you happen to know whether there are abductions related to that phenomenon as well that is possibly being kept from the public?

This is my last question so thank you for your time.

There are abduction stories throughout Norway. Although I have not studies Hessdalen extensively I wouldn't doubt that there are many people in the area of Hessdalen who are abductee's.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Here is Professor Caton's full interview, hear it from the man himself. Disproving our skeptoid friend.

Just to be fair to our skeptoid friend he does actually mention that but seems to think the man was misquoted.

De Brahm was not talking about any lights at all, he was giving his mystical and somewhat alchemy-centric opinions on how thunderstorms work and why the air is so clear in the Great Smoky Mountains. Here's what he actually said, and it was in his undated Report of the General Survey in the Southern District of North America:

"Although these Mountains transpire through their Tops sulphurueaous and arsenical Sublimations, yet they are too light, as to precipitate so near their Sublimitories, but are carried away by the Winds to distant Regions. In a heavy Atmosphere, the nitrous Vapours are swallowed up through the Spiraculs of the Mountains, and thus the Country is cleared from their Corrosion; when the Atmosphere is light, these nitrous Vapours rise up to the arsenical and sulphureous (subliming through the Expiraculs of the Mountains), and when they meet with each other in Contact, the Niter inflames, vulgurates and detonates, whence the frequent Thunders, in which a most votalized Spirit of Niter ascends to purify and inspire the upper Air, and a phlogiston Regeneratum (the metallic Seed) descends to impregnate the Bowels of the Earth; and as all these Mountains form so many warm Athanors which draw and absorb, especially in foggy Seasons, all corrosive Effluvia along with the heavy Air through the Registers (Spiracles) and thus cease not from that Perpetual Circulation of the Air, corroding Vapours are no sooner raised, than that they are immediately disposed of, consequently the Air in the Appalachian Mountains in extreamely pure and healthy."

Taken in context, it's clear that de Brahm's quote has nothing whatsoever to do with the Brown Mountain Lights. This leaves us with no documentary evidence that the Lights existed at all prior to the arrival of electric lights and people in the area in the early 1900's.

Same article

As zazz said earlier you have clearly spent much longer researching this. I'm not trying to be a pest I just think if anyone is going to know about this it's you!

Do you get a weird feeling when you see the lights?
edit on 2920140420141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Meant to add is there anyway you (or another member) could sort of outline the face over your head? I zoomed in and still just don't see it. Also, iPhone cameras only seem to work when you don't need them to. I have taken some glorious pictures of my feet and missed some awesome photo ops.
edit on 2920140420141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I do not mean to in any way diminish the awesomeness of this phenomenon by implying a possible natural source. Whatever it is has a very peculiar way of interacting with the awareness of the observer. I have had a couple of close range sightings, with two witnesses, of something similar. I either was just lucky, or else sensed something was about to happen, but just a few minutes before one of the sightings, I said something along the lines of "let's go sit by the lake and look for Ufo's...sure enough, one came right over us. It left one of the witnesses dumbstruck and unable to speak for several minutes. I suppose I should get around to writing a detailed description of the things I have seen, but I must reiterate, I have no evidence that these things are aliens. Maybe it is, maybe not, but whatever it is, it is very strange and very real. For someone who has not witnessed this phenomenon to imply that it was headlights from a car or a train is just downright insulting.
edit on 29-4-2014 by skunkape23 because: sentence added

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

originally posted by: Spiro

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD
I'm looking forward to seeing your movie this summer.

Its available now to watch on demand. The link is in the OP

Cheers
Ignorant me has no clue what on demand means. I rent movies if I really want to watch them. I have not been to a theater in over 5years. No Netflix or what ever.

Once more, what the heck is on Demand? If its cable or something, I'm not interested. Thanks though Spiro

Bless

Well Im the same as you with regards to theater etc but I am currently downloading Itunes to be able to download the movie in question. If you click the link in the OP, and want to follow the same route as me its quite simple. Though, I'm not sure how much it is to watch yet

Cheers

Thanks for that, though I am fan of ITunes. Much appreciated Spiro!
I really enjoyed the Fire In the Sky, even know the story was a bit embellished. I hope this new movie by Matty will intrigue, and broaden my fascination with UFO encounters.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Ok just finished watching, thought it was pretty good for a 'found footage' film, but I will take it at face value: good nail-biting entertainment.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
From Blue Ridge Outdoors:
One factor is the amount of activity in the magnetosphere, the magnetic field that surrounds earth. Like the northern lights, the Brown Mountain Lights are the product of something that is cosmically oriented.

He wasn’t the first to come to this discovery. In the 1970s, a research group comprised of scientists from the Oak Ridge Laboratory studied the lights and came to the same conclusion: “It appears the mountain is able to store up small electrical charges up to a critical point when they then discharge. The end result is a natural phenomenon that produces an effect very similar to ball lightning.”

5 years before the study you cite I witnessed the lights for perhaps 30 minutes
(this was a mid December, midafternoon sighting session, clear daylight skies)

as for being ball lightning or plasma or just electromagnetic light from stressed quartz...
all the reddish-orange or white lights traveled on a downward slope from left-to-right...
very much like vehicles running lights following a roadway
also no single light was seen speeding faster than any other light or passing one another

now, that observation does not jibe with UFOs, but might be a unique energy following a fault line or stream bed or some such geographical feature...
the idea that the lights are just vehicle traffic does not jibe with the eye witness sightings from Colonial Times and by Native American People since way before roads & vehicles

the seemingly endless procession of individual points of light do not seem to have a originating 'creation' point, they just seem to be there and travel in a northward (from a left hand to right hand) direction until the light disappears from view on the Eastern side of the shadowed side of the mountain silhouette

if they are not electromagnetic anomalies that are produced by a 'vortex' then I sway to the lights being just a window to another dimension
edit on th30139876734829292014 by St Udio because: time of day

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi Matty,
I hope it's not too late to chime in.....I was wondering if YOU yourself were abducted while there, or had any odd experiences like losing time, etc...or your staff...and....are you related to any American Indian tribes, like the Cherokee Indians?.... I have been gem stone digging several times close to that area, and have never seen the lights. But on several occasions had a very ominous Erie feeling that swelled up deep from with my gut. You know, the kind that makes you look over your shoulder....Did you experience Any of that? ...I'm wondering if the lights are more spiritual than alien...like spirit guides being able to move through dimensions. ...but again, I've never seen them. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So it's the tall greys and the reptillians. Interesting, are there still "abductions" today.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Another Grey/Zeta question for Matty - as you probably know, there are two kinds; tall and short. Which variety are involved here in NC? Any other alien species?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Have you considered what you put out is what you get back?

Viewed the trailer and it looks like a scary movie, one that caught my horror film loving side.

Have not heard of you or your film and plan to watch before further comments.

***Thank you for coming to our forum, have you been here prior to this invitation or heard of ATS before now?***

edit on am430amTue, 29 Apr 2014 09:07:38 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join