It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

thanks for the quick reply.

How about ships? Are there ships associated with the brown mountain lights abductions?

Will this be available for instant watch on Netflix?

edit on 28-4-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I didn’t want to believe. But after witnessing the legendary Brown Mountain Lights myself, I had to reconsider everything I previously thought to be true. UFOs, Alien Visitation, and a government agenda to conceal the truth.

I apologize, really... im not trying to be a troll.

But i cannot seem to understand this. Is this a typo? dont you mean 'everything you previously thought to be false'?

If this is not a mistake then im highly confused about what you meant.... and im about to watch your movie now!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Yes, this does seem to be the case based on personal experience. There is a sense that whatever it is you are seeing is aware that it is being seen. I don't really like using the term "UFO." In most people's minds, the first images that pop up are aliens in spaceships. The sightings I've had, with witnesses, don't really seem to support this being the case. If what I've seen were beings in flying machines, we are dealing with technology far more exotic than most could imagine. I prefer to use a term I feel I can take credit for coining..."LAPhs." Luminous aerial phenomenon. I prefer to take away the immediate association with greys and reptiles and abductions and what have you. I have never seen any of those guys, but the lights are a very real phenomenon. It is luminous and seems to be somehow linked to consciousness. The area where I had the most impressive sightings is loaded with quartz granite, so the piezo electric theory of origin is definitely on the table.

edit on 28-4-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Yes, this does seem to be the case based on personal experience. There is a sense that whatever it is you are seeing is aware that it is being seen.

Not only aware that it is being seen, but also from what angle and POV it is being seen.

This is called the 'Ozfactor', and its something that apparently many witnesses experience.

A direct feed, from causative agency to consciousness of the witness, appears in cases of astro-alignment. E.g., witnesses may be sky watching, perhaps with binoculars or small telescope, and see a lighted object slowly approach an astronomical object and then move precisely around it. Parallax would prevent other observers, even a short distance away, from seeing the same display. Witnesses get the impression the display was staged precisely for them. An isolated case of such astro-alignment could be coincidence but there are multiple instances.

www.ufohelp.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Wasn't HomerinNC HomerinNYC? I thought that was your name on threads I've seen in the past.
Anyways, Matty Beckerman, the mention of Dillinger Escape Plan takes me back to my early adulthood c.2001 when I had a romantic interest in a guy in Kansas who really liked them.
Cheers!
From New Mexico

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Just saw the movie and it was great!!! Real edge of the seat kind of movie!!! Thank you so much for being here with us, it is much appreciated!!

Thank you so much Night Star,
This has been such an amazing experience. It's rare to get such instant feedback from people who actually watch the movie.

I love it.

Best
Matty

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I'm breaking edict here by asking again. The shots fired in the film? Where did you get the basis for that? How do we know shots where fired?

Do you mean when Sean fires his gun? or When Corey shoots through the door?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Okay, for a 'found footage' movie, something bothers me about this:
The movie is based on Air Force Project Blue Book case 4499 occurring in October 2011...
Project Blue Book was disbanded in the 1960's...

The title of the movie originally was PROJECT BLUE BOOK.

The idea was that the government never actually shut it down. They have been running it under black op's this whole time.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BABYBULL24
Have you looked at the Piezoelectric effect?

The reason i bring it up live about 5 miles from one of these spots - the Hookerman Lights in NJ. Was studied and they concluded it was piezoelectricity coming from the quartz in the ground under stress releases electricity.

Good luck with your project.

The Hookerman Lights

Wow, I'll check it out. This is the first time I've heard of the Hookerman Lights.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
This might be a weird question but I do know that at area 51 there
were certain nights for better viewing strange aerial phenomenon.
The best nights at the time were Wed nights...weekends scientist
went home so chances very slim...

Even though we know Sept - Dec to be the best times of the year
were there any specific days that were better than others?

Cheers
Ektar

I saw them on a clear night in September right when it started getting dark. Most people see it around the same time frame. But actually it happens all year round. It just seems to be a bit more common in the fall.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Hi,

This might be a weird question, but do you remember what you were thinking in the moments leading up to the sighting?

Any specific thoughts, or a state of mind that triggered a sighting!

The reason i ask is is apparent that in some cases the UFO is aware of whomever is on the ground looking, aware that they are being spotted.

When we saw the lights it was very clear that they also were responding to us. You can see orbs and beams of light surrounding us in each picture. The eeriest picture is of the alien face in the mist above my head. I wish I could figure out how to post a picture in the forum. I would just put it up here. But here is a link anyhow.
www.mattybeckerman.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I have also noticed that at the end of summer/beginning of fall, when the days are hot and the nights are much cooler, seems to be when it is more likely to see this phenomenon. Running water also seems to be a possible factor.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I've enjoyed this thread, you inspired me to look up Brown Mountain.
I'm going to go with a natural phenomena, terrestrial based. But I've given the subject matter a cursory 17 minutes, compared to your years of research

Thanks for sharing your project with us. I have it cued on amazon.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: reject

thanks for the quick reply.

How about ships? Are there ships associated with the brown mountain lights abductions?

Will this be available for instant watch on Netflix?

I have not seen any ships directly associated with the Brown Mountain lights. It's generally orbs.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

I would just put it up here. But here is a link anyhow.
www.mattybeckerman.com...

here you go

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

I didn’t want to believe. But after witnessing the legendary Brown Mountain Lights myself, I had to reconsider everything I previously thought to be true. UFOs, Alien Visitation, and a government agenda to conceal the truth.

I apologize, really... im not trying to be a troll.

But i cannot seem to understand this. Is this a typo? dont you mean 'everything you previously thought to be false'?

If this is not a mistake then im highly confused about what you meant.... and im about to watch your movie now!

I thought my statement was pretty clear. but to recap. What I thought to be true before this was that the lights were not real. So i had to reconsider that position after seeing the lights. Hope that helps clarify

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

Yes, this does seem to be the case based on personal experience. There is a sense that whatever it is you are seeing is aware that it is being seen. I don't really like using the term "UFO." In most people's minds, the first images that pop up are aliens in spaceships. The sightings I've had, with witnesses, don't really seem to support this being the case. If what I've seen were beings in flying machines, we are dealing with technology far more exotic than most could imagine. I prefer to use a term I feel I can take credit for coining..."LAPhs." Luminous aerial phenomenon. I prefer to take away the immediate association with greys and reptiles and abductions and what have you. I have never seen any of those guys, but the lights are a very real phenomenon. It is luminous and seems to be somehow linked to consciousness. The area where I had the most impressive sightings is loaded with quartz granite, so the piezo electric theory of origin is definitely on the table.

I like this approach to the Brown Mountain Lights phenomenon. There may in fact be a large amount of quartz throughout Brown Mountain. The intelligent movements of the lights seem to carry a theory that there are aware and move with a purpose. Perhaps there is a link between the geology of these regions and the ability for these craft to enter the environment and interact with the earth.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I've enjoyed this thread, you inspired me to look up Brown Mountain.
I'm going to go with a natural phenomena, terrestrial based. But I've given the subject matter a cursory 17 minutes, compared to your years of research

Thanks for sharing your project with us. I have it cued on amazon.

Terrific,
I hope you enjoy the movie. Here is some behind the scenes of how we launched a weather balloon into low earth orbit.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hi Matty:

I haven't watched the movie yet, but plan to this weekend - it appears from the comments it will be a great Saturday night type flick.

My Question - Are you familiar with David Paulides and the "Missing 411" books? If so, do the abductions you have investigated have any correlation or cross over with the Paulides' research?

Thanks so much!
Missie

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
So I did a little browsing and came up with this article.

I actually have no idea how good skeptoid is, but what was said seemed interesting.

The author was unable to actually find anything referring to these lights until 1910. He was also unable to find anything really relating Native American lore.

So let's wrap up what we've learned about the two different manifestations of the Brown Mountain Lights. Regarding those that appear in the sky above a ridge, it's apparent that the 1922 USGS report solved it as described in the following conclusion. Today, nearly 90 years later, the lights are coming from different sources but this analysis probably still holds up:

"In summary it may be said that the Brown Mountain lights are clearly not of unusual nature or origin. About 47 percent of the lights that the writer was able to study instrumentally were due to automobile headlights, 33 percent to locomotive headlights, 10 percent to stationary lights, and 10 percent to brush fires."

As for the lights appearing on the faces of the hills, we find there are no historical references to such a thing, and only a few recent YouTube videos and modern claims reporting it, in this age of LED flashlights, lanterns, headlamps, and iPhone screens. So I'm confident calling this one unexplained, but also not especially interesting or surprising.

To me it sounds like a little local legend sprang up from the train that made scheduled stops in the area (at the time when the lights were visible). People do what they do and started speculating. This drew more interest and legends started being created.

What are your thoughts on the author being unable to locate anything in print dated before 1910?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join