It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Matty Beckerman, I'm the Director of ALIEN ABDUCTION - I've seen The Brown Mountain Lights

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My name is Matty Beckerman. I have seen the Brown Mountain Lights in NC and know they are real – and I made a movie about it: "ALIEN ABDUCTION." Ask me anything.

I am a Director, Writer, and Producer and through making “ALIEN ABDUCTION” I have extensively researched The Brown Mountain Lights. Through my research, I interviewed tons of locals about their own stories. From teachers, to police officers, professors and other experts, I had to re-evaluate my own skepticism. These were real people who had nothing to gain by sharing their experiences with me. Since the film came out I have met a ton of people that have opened up to me about their UFO, Paranormal and Alien experiences.

I believe The Brown Mountain Lights are bigger than Roswell, bigger than Area 51, because you can actually go there and see the lights yourself, as have thousands of people for hundreds of years.

I didn’t want to believe. But after witnessing the legendary Brown Mountain Lights myself, I had to reconsider everything I previously thought to be true. UFOs, Alien Visitation, and a government agenda to conceal the truth.

With billions of potentially habitable planets we can’t continue to believe were alone in the universe. I believe alien life exists. That is not a question for me anymore. The question for me is what is the Alien Agenda? Why are they studying us? There are several theories, and I would not rule anything out.

I am excited to discuss the Brown Mountain Lights with everyone and different UFO sightings and theories.

Please keep in touch with me on my websites:

www.alienabductionfilm.com
www.mattybeckerman.com

on social media
www.facebook.com...
twitter.com...
instagram.com...#
alienabductionfilm.tumblr.com...

Personal info
www.facebook.com...
www.instagram.com...
www.twitter.com...

You can watch “Alien Abduction” through the link below:
www.alienabductionfilm.com...

We launched a weather balloon into low earth orbit with a go-pro camera on it and recovered it for a scene in the film.
youtu.be...

Our producers on Alien Abduction include Lawrence Bender (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs) and Mike Fleiss (Hostel, Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Previously, I Executive Produced “The Experiment” with Adrian Brody and Forest Whitaker. Before making movies I ran a soundtrack company that did over 40 film soundtracks from “Jackass” to “Charlotte’s Web.” I attended Tulane University, in New Orleans, where I founded a record label called Now Or Never Records and put out the first record from “The Dillinger Escape Plan”.

I currently reside in Los Angeles, CA and I’m a member of the Directors Guild of America.

Ask me anything!

*admin note:*
Please remember that Matty is our invited guest and he's giving of his time to interact with us and answer our questions, let's treat him with the polite respect we always show our AMA guests.
Enjoy!

edit on 4-28-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-16-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Welcome friend, and just a quick one to say thank you very much for coming here and sharing your insight into your experiences

I only have one question at the moment,

The lights you saw and made a film about, are you 100% sure they were alien in nature and if so, why? What brought you to that conclusion. Your film, is it based on 100% fact and have you used your own footage of what you saw in the film?

Kindest regards,

S
edit on 28-4-2014 by Spiro because: someone pinched my dictionary

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks Matty,
Maybe you could share a convincing story from locals? maybe a bizarre one too?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

I believe The Brown Mountain Lights are bigger than Roswell, bigger than Area 51, because you can actually go there and see the lights yourself, as have thousands of people for hundreds of years.

Hi, Welcome...

If the lights can be seen in one place does that not seem more natural effects of some kind. If it were UFO related, why would they reveal their movement there and not have other similar places that always show a presence?

How much research has gone into determining any reason for a natural effect?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
Welcome friend, and just a quick one to say thank you very much for coming here and sharing your insight into your experiences

The lights you saw and made a film about, are you 100% sure they were alien in nature and if so, why? What brought you to that conclusion. Your film, is it based on 100% fact and have you used your own footage of what you say in the film?

Kindest regards,

S

Thank you so much for your welcoming words Spiro

I'm not 100% sure The Brown Mountain Lights are alien in nature, but the amount of abductions associated with the lights have made it compelling to connect it together.

link   

I'm looking forward to seeing your movie this summer.

My question, is this movie going to embellish the real story like the director did in Fire in the Sky?

How true will you keep the story line and leave the entertainment at the door, and keep to the truth for the viewers.

No insult intended, just want a factual story of the brown mountain lights. Again, excited to see it!
edit on 28-4-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

link   

Hi Matty,

Are you familiar with the Marfa Lights in Texas? I've seen them and they look similar to the Brown Mountain Lights, enough to call it the same phenomenon. They even made a designated viewing area because it is a popular tourist attraction.

When we saw them, we had night vision goggles and a heat sensor. We found that some of the lights were not visible with the naked eye, but you could pick up their presence with the heat sensor, and then view them through the night vision goggles.

I wish I would've filmed it, but I was not prepared to do so. There are some videos on youtube.

Can't wait to see your work!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS. I have a tendency to believe that many of the experiences people have that are attributed to aliens,are truly the government using fear to manipulate us. It seems since the 1950's that the technology described in these experiences,as attributed to aliens,matches our own earthly advances. My question is,how can you convince me that it is not the government or any secret division of,that is not behind what you experienced or others described? I thank you in advance.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MattyBeckerman

The lights you saw and made a film about, are you 100% sure they were alien in nature and if so, why? What brought you to that conclusion. Your film, is it based on 100% fact and have you used your own footage of what you say in the film?

Kindest regards,

S

Thank you so much for your welcoming words Spiro

I'm not 100% sure The Brown Mountain Lights are alien in nature, but the amount of abductions associated with the lights have made it compelling to connect it together.

Thank you kind sir

Enjoy the rest of your time here. I will follow with great interest.

I cant wait to see the movie!!!!

I would ask more questions but we are limited....which is understandable

edit on 28-4-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
From Blue Ridge Outdoors:
One factor is the amount of activity in the magnetosphere, the magnetic field that surrounds earth. Like the northern lights, the Brown Mountain Lights are the product of something that is cosmically oriented. “Brown Mountain is one of those spots that conducts a lot of energy. Because of that, sometimes we get to see these remarkable little anomalies that illustrate just how strange and powerful our universe really is.”

In essence, the mountain might be acting as a large conductor of electricity. When the lights appear, they are accompanied by electromagnetic interference.

He wasn’t the first to come to this discovery. In the 1970s, a research group comprised of scientists from the Oak Ridge Laboratory studied the lights and came to the same conclusion: “It appears the mountain is able to store up small electrical charges up to a critical point when they then discharge. The end result is a natural phenomenon that produces an effect very similar to ball lightning.”

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hi Matty. I don't have a question. I just wanted to say hi and welcome to ATS. I'm looking forward to seeing your movie. Take care.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Welcome Matty. This is the first of hearing about this movie and the Lights in that area. From the trailer it looks fantastic so I will be watching this movie in the near future.

They say that with a lot of people that UFO sightings have happened to them since an early age. Is this the first time you can recall seeing "Lights" and have you see anymore since in other areas?

Side note: If you ever need a red head for a movie just let me know

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

Its available now to watch on demand. The link is in the OP

Cheers

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
WELCOME TO ATS!
I have but one simple question, how many abductions are you aware of in that area?

+18 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Thanks Matty,
Maybe you could share a convincing story from locals? maybe a bizarre one too?

Thanks for your question,

I'm the opening of the film it starts off as a documentary where I interview real locals about the lights and one woman told her story. The interviews are totally authentic. To recap one of them.

She had witnessed the lights with a large group of people one night. When she went home she was physically lifted up against the ceiling of her home. The next thing she knows is that she's in bed fully dressed and her husband jumps up next to her and says "I had the strangest nightmare, I was sucked up against the ceiling of the house" after the realization that they both had the same "dream" their daughter comes running into the room saying where have both of you been for the past day and a half, we've been looking everywhere.

They have no recollection of what happened during that period of lost time.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Can you tell us about the abductions in relation to these lights?
Also ... do you know if the lights are on ley lines? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hi Matty, i have to say i know next to nothing about these reported phenomena from that area, but my first instinct is to ask do these tend to correlate to the European tradition of the Faeries...?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AK907ICECOLD

Its available now to watch on demand. The link is in the OP

Cheers
Ignorant me has no clue what on demand means. I rent movies if I really want to watch them. I have not been to a theater in over 5years. No Netflix or what ever.

Once more, what the heck is on Demand? If its cable or something, I'm not interested. Thanks though Spiro

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thanks for stopping by Matty, Could you give me your opinion on why Hollywood makes alien movies that 90% of the time are scary, when 90% of alien abductions and interactions are not like a horror movie? It seems there is a Hollywood agenda for the alien agenda, what say you?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi Matty!

I watched your movie, "Alien Abductions" on Amazon last night. Wow! It was great! Pulled me in from the beginning and kept me through the credits at the end. The "nightfishin" reference was Brilliant! You are an extremely talented director and writer
I'll watch for all your projects in the future and will tell all my friends. Come film in Austin, we are independent friendly here….

Now, my question for you:

Do you know if the people on the mountain tend to go missing in the winter time? I ask this due to a mention of one type of alien that I was warned about in an experience. I was told never to go out in the countryside in winter at night. That there were ships that occasionally visit our planet and that the species in them prefer a cold dark climate to hunt their prey in. Makes me wonder about some of the cattle mutilations too. Did you notice any pattern with the locals you spoke to?

Thanks for visiting ATS, hope you stop by often,

STM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join