It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bypass 404 Log in Issue.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The 404 Log in issue has been around a while and though I've been a victim of it's annoyance, I may have a way for you to beat it. I've noticed while trying to use one of the options to log in, I was ALWAYS given a 404 message. So I figured, try another way to log in. What do I mean? Well there are more than 1 icons to log in with, try a different one. I do this all the time. One link doesn't work, I go to another with no problem and log in.

Just a heads up, enjoy everyone.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

If you are talking about the same issue I am finding, it is because the URL for certain log-in icons is wrong. The login URL should be www.abovetopsecret.com/login.php, but the other links that don't work go to www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/login.php which doesn't exist, hence the 404.

It is a simple fix, all I would do is do a find and replace on the databse SQL file and find all instances of "www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/login.php" and replace them with www.abovetopsecret.com/login.php. Should only take about 10 mins at the most.

edit on 28-4-2014 by DARKJEDIG because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh oh...now that youve made that public....it will quickly become inoperable that way!

new topics

join