It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black figures in the bedroom : A possible explanation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A lot of people have reported seeing fright inducing dark figures in their bedrooms upon waking up in the middle of sleep. I too have had the same experience more than once, but I am starting to believe that such experiences involving a black figure may not have to do with paranormal entities in our world. _________________________________________________ Heres my story. Recently, I saw one of those black figures, a really tall one. I invoked God and approached it without feeling any fear. It started to shuffle around and bolted to the bathroom where I followed it. I caught it by its arm and dragged it outside and noticed that its appearance had changed. I saw its face and it seemed afraid. I asked it a question which it answered, I couldn't hear it but by reading its lips, I understood what it said. And then everything faded and I found myself awake in bed. The whole thing was a dream set in my own room. ____________________________________________________ what if other such reports of black figures in the bedroom are merely frightening cases of false awakenings, where the person thinks he is awake while experiecinga very realistic dream set in their own homes? Could the mysterious figure in black be one of those common dreams like falling teeth? Or could it be those entities are ''real'' only in the sense they only manifest when the brain has reached a certain state of consciousness between wakefulness and sleep? Discuss.
edit on 28-4-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

Well, according to Charles Barkley, it could just be an NBA player...

Seriously, I think you're right. The brain plays tricks especially in those fugue states where it doesn't know which consciousness to switch on.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I believe both answers can be correct, while more often than not the certain state of consciousness during a deep sleep can confuse and trick the mind in believing many things including whats real and whats not.
However I think the paranormal option is also possible in some cases as my partner has a close connection with this type of thing...e.g.
Waking up to her telling me there is a man , people or other weird things standing in the room late at nite even after I have turned lights on can be quite disturbing at times esp as you can see she is clearly shaken. Even the Orbs seem to love her in almost every photo, and in some even weirder times she has seen ghosts and other beings during the day, sometimes she wont even mention it to me or plays it off but I can she has seen something very strange by her reaction...
Just because I dont see anything, doesn't mean there is nothing there..

Summing up, I think most cases, including yours is certainly caused by drifting in and out of consciousness while sleeping however some people I believe do see the real deal even if they dont want or choose too.
Apologies may of gotten off topic a little...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It sounds like a dream in which you have been visited by entity created from your subconsciousness. Most of them serve certain purpose. Next time ask it straight about this. Even it may nor reveal this in straight logical manner, soon you will 'magically' understand what is the connection of the being with your life. Just ponder and remain tranquil.

There is a a chance to be external visitor, but I don't bet on this.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I remember when I was a child about two or three years old, when the electric meter had run out cause mom had not fed it 50p, I saw this black shadow person.

It seemed to know that the electric was off and would fly through my bedroom window and stand at the foot of my bed and tickle my feet. It had red eyes and I would be frozen. My mum tells me that I used to scream blue murder to put the electric back on before he came. I'm sure this was just all in my head, but to this day (a few decades later) I can still remember this as if it was yesterday. Only ever happened in that house and never the subsequent homes after that.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

However I think the paranormal option is also possible in some cases as my partner has a close connection with this type of thing...e.g.
Waking up to her telling me there is a man , people or other weird things standing in the room late at nite even after I have turned lights on can be quite disturbing at times esp as you can see she is clearly shaken. ..........
Just because I dont see anything, doesn't mean there is nothing there..

If you cant see it, then it was in her mind. A dream can be so realistic that a person may believe its really there. I had an experiece where I woke to see a figure that lashed at me with a whip missing me by inches. That was when i woke up and Mmy mind was still tricked into thinking the figure was still around. False awakenings blur the line between dream and reality. So your partner would have been convinced that what she saw was still inside the room.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I must say I disagree sort of...
I think there is different forms of this, or different levels if you will.
I guess it comes down to what we are really talking about,
Having vivid dreams and waking up and still beliving things are there or
Unexplained things, beings, spirits, people connecting with us through our sleep.

I guess the better question is...are these one of the same? I dont believe so...
Sorry Op, Think I have derailed you a little.

top topics

join