It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley on NBA: 'We are a black league. We are a black league"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: np6888

So don't be questioning my existence, because you can live a thousand lifetimes and still wouldn't contribute to humanity, as much as a speck of dust in my saliva.

Whoa!!!...........is that you Jesus?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230
Ignorance is bliss.

Oh, I understand cause and effect all too well sir. More so than you, I would imagine, or else you wouldn't be having this argument.

Your trying to be a wise guy and its not working. If you understood it, you wouldn't make the insolent comments your making about the current state of so-called blacks without attributing the effects of the cause. It is that simple.

LOL Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, chief.

I know you find it hard to believe because all you do is place your beliefs on other people. In your world, there is no other correct way except the one that is provided by you. (insert the sound on jeopardy when a wrong answer is provided). Wrong again...sigh.

And history is just that. History. You can stop crying now.

History is written in the now. This attitude can explain the disdain of people and their contributions before you. History is more than just "his"'story".

Another way to phrase that would be, Western/European people have won nearly all of our confrontations with other people. Would they not have stopped us had they been superior to us?

Having compassion, accepting people for who they are, being honest makes one superior. If your superior why do you have to lie, back stab, create treaties you don't honor, and trick people??? Those aren't the ways of someone superior. That is filthy. Western/European conflicts aren't head on. Its all based off of sneaky trickery which is the way of a wicked weakling.

np688

So don't be questioning my existence, because you can live a thousand lifetimes and still wouldn't contribute to humanity, as much as a speck of dust in my saliva

You act like being white is this different thing of being so-called black. The ice age and adaptation is it!!! You are just as much as African as I am. In the words of Robert Bauval "We are all black African, I just lost my pigmentation". So how can you be more creative based off of skin color?

Its amazing who calls themselves civilized.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: 7918465230

My point is what do you think of all the white people that use it? And what do you think of smart successful black people?

Im trying to determine if you hate all black people, or just some. And if you love all white people, or just some.

What do you think of dumb and/or fat and/or ugly white people?

Put yourself in someone elses shoes. Since people dont choose who their born too and under what conditions, if you were born african american what would you do?

Well as I've said before, I don't really consider myself racist. I have idols, like Tiger Woods, who's at least half black. Then there's a couple physicists like Neil Degrasse Tyson, and there are quite a few black actors that I like.

To answer your question, I feel the same about the people on welfare no matter the color of their skin. No I don't love all white people. There's quite a few of them, especially in the media that really irritate me. I had white friends that I despise now etc.

I don't like anyone who's dumb, so that just about covers nearly the entire world. I'm not talking about literal retarded people that were born that way, I'm talking people who are just stupid because they failed to apply themselves, or are just flat out idiots. There are days when I consider myself in that category as well, but I'd like to think far less than the average person.

Fat and ugly, on the other hand, is a different matter all together. I know people who were overweight and hit the treadmill everyday and couldn't lose a pound, so some would say that's genetics (partially). Then here I sit at the computer all day and I weigh 155 at 5'10", so I can't really hate on that, and as far as ugly, you're either born attractive, or you're not, so again, can't hate.

It really doesn't mater the race, it just seems that some races pop up more often then others when it comes to who I like and don't like.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"We're a black league"

Much the same way a plantation was a couple hundred years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I am surprised the black league has not changed the official NBA logo. Not only is it literally white, the silhouette is based on an an actual white guy. How racially insensitive!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
"We're a black league"

Much the same way a plantation was a couple hundred years ago.

Ok, that's pretty damned funny....ya bastard

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I am surprised the black league has not changed the official NBA logo. Not only is it literally white, the silhouette is based on an an actual white guy. How racially insensitive!

Wow, I don't watch TV, and even if I did I sure as hell wouldn't be watching basketball, so I did not know that. That's actually fairly hilarious. LOL

Edit: Well I just looked it up, and apparently it was based off a photo of Jerry West. I realize it was 1969, but not only was he white like you said, but literally every single person in the audience in the background is white, as far as I can tell. Damn.
edit on 29-4-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
Man, the white whiners and their outrage machine here at ATS are at it again.

First off, OP, you didn't give Barkley's full quote, it was: "We cannot have an NBA owner discriminating against a league that... -- We're a black league, Ernie, we are a black league -- I don't know the number, but I'd say probably 80% of our players are black". And you yourself corroborate this by giving the statistic that it is 78% black. Also you Caucasian race baiters take his statement out of context. His point is that in a league that is 78-80% black, which does make it predominantly a black league; hence, there is no room for team owners with this sort of mentality. He is NOT saying "The NBA is an all-black league and nobody else belongs there" or "only blacks can make it in the NBA" or some other such thing.

But once again we got white folk here at ATS who want to take a short quote by a minority person out of context in order to indirectly defend some very repugnant thing said by a rich white person. When there is an obvious and very public case of a person making racist remarks, such as Sterling's, and then people try to downplay it or deflect from it by conflating the remarks of others -- taken out of context, no less -- it just smacks of the desperate actions and rhetoric of crypto racists, which it obviously is.

Very sad and shameful, but not at all surprising given what I see here so very often.

The type of people you are talking about suffer from a persecution complex. Their entire world view depends on racism being nonexistent or not as bad as it is.

This thread is a showcase for the massive amount of cognitive dissonance required to live that way. The OP blatantly quote mined something Charles Barkley said in an attempt to put it on the same level as Donald Sterlings comments.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.archives.gov...

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Is the constitution just a GD piece of paper ?

Does it only apply some of the time ?

Be it Barkley or the clipper owner.

Free speech is FREE SPEECH.

Whether or not people agree with it or not.

People have the right to say what they think regardless the kangaroo courts of public opinion.

Yes Donald Sterling certainly has every right to hold those views and make any type of racial comment he wants to. same with Charles Barkley, although I don't see how anyone could see that as racist.

The 1st Amendment does not apply here because they aren't being thrown in jail because of their statements. They exercised their right to free speech by saying what they said. We are exercising ours by criticizing them for it. The NBA has every right to do what they feel they have to do in order to protect their interests.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthOej

Unless of course things were reversed and it was a black owner saying something against whites, then it would be very different indeed. Deny ignorance.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Really disappointed, but not surprised by the thinly veiled racism in this thread. Not surprised because of the political leanings this site has been edging more and more towards as of the past couple years.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KTATS

I could be wrong, but between the NFL, NBA, and MLB, there is only 1 black sports team owner (Michael Jordan). So your point is hard to imagine. Black people owning white people...lol. They're intellectually not capable of that on any meaningful scale. Just look at Obama, he needs to read a script nonstop or he trips over his tongue. You know fo sho there's fat white peeps typing up his words and smokin cigars. 4/5 people on this forum would be better presidents than him. All he has going is charisma and bein tall, dark, and (relatively) handsome, which are only traits that mean anything on the campaign trail.

As for Sterling, I think it's disgusting what he said, but even more disgusting how a private conversation is being used against him. I fear for all our futures now.
edit on 29-4-2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTATS
a reply to: DarthOej

Unless of course things were reversed and it was a black owner saying something against whites, then it would be very different indeed. Deny ignorance.

Racism is wrong no matter who it comes from.

Really disappointed, but not surprised by the thinly veiled racism in this thread. Not surprised because of the political leanings this site has been edging more and more towards as of the past couple years.

It usually swings towards the opposite of whoever is in power, but I too have noticed an increase is the Stormfront type crowd.

I could be wrong, but between the NFL, NBA, and MLB, there is only 1 black sports team owner (Michael Jordan). So your point is hard to imagine. Black people owning white people...lol. They're intellectually not capable of that on any meaningful scale. Just look at Obama, he needs to read a script nonstop or he trips over his tongue. You know fo sho there's white peeps typing up his words. 4/5 people on this forum would be better presidents than him. All he has going is charisma and bein tall, dark, and (relatively) handsome, which are only traits that mean anything on the campaign trail.

You sir are a classic example of Poe's Law. Its hard to tell if you are a troll or not because those views are so far out in space.

Sorry, but I do not know how to include names when doing multiple quotes. I quoted 3 different posters

edit on 29-4-2014 by DarthOej because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Charles Barkley doesn't speak his own words, just what the teleprompter tells him, so can't be all that mad at the round mound of rebound

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Here's the answer to your OP...

"NBA bans Clippers owner Sterling for life, fines him $2.5M"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-4-2014 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
hmmm. I see a flood of new people pushing the misrepresentation of his words. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Charles commentary closely mimics his golf swing.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

It "answers" nothing. It's a lynch mob mentality in action for the sole purpose of being politically correct and even more so as damage control for the NBA as a business. I find it outrageous that someone is held accountable for private statements made to their spouse. I'm quite sure most of us have all said things to significant others we wouldn't want the world to hear and judge us by and rightly so, it's PRIVATE. It doesn't matter if you like what he said or not, what matters is a precedent was just set and cheered on by a bunch of nodding dolts that refuse to see the bigger picture. I'd love to see him sue the NBA.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
a reply to: Involutionist
I'd love to see him sue the NBA.

Yeah, I can't believe I'm agreeing to wanting a billionaire to have even more money, but I do, completely. It was a private conversation (well, I think we all know every conversation over the phone isn't exactly "private", *cough NSA *cough), and he's been banned for life from the NBA and is being forced to sell his team? Like I said earlier, I'd lawyer up BIG TIME.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: np6888
a reply to: ImaFungi

Creature huh? I've tried hard not to attack Blacks and yet you have attacked me. If you can't even understand the difference between having less kids and genocide, then obviously your intellectual capacity is not nearly to the level required to debate me.

The funny thing is, I actually care more about Blacks and have proposed a way to help your race out(i've spammed some of my comments on youtube, let's see what become of them), and if it weren't for me, there would actually be a greater chance of your race being wiped out by the Chinese or the U.S, in the name of "resources."

So don't be questioning my existence, because you can live a thousand lifetimes and still wouldn't contribute to humanity, as much as a speck of dust in my saliva.

Im not black. If it werent for you there would be greater chance of black race being wiped out, how so? You live under a rock, in the boonies, most likely in a trailer park. Fortunately for you your sister is not black or else you may not have been able to reproduce. What do you think of a successful black person, that is more powerful and has more money then you? With white servants, and 3 white wives? How does that make you feel?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join