It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley on NBA: 'We are a black league. We are a black league"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

As time moves on the creature you are will dwindle in number, and become less and less respected by its fellow clan, until you are completely shunned from society, or set of as an example to be mocked and scoffed at not unlike what has already been occurring for the past 60+ years, you must really live in the boonies or adjust your behavior in social settings well., as what a modern civil society should not strive to become. A scared child who needs to view others as lesser in order to feel better about himself.

There is nothing good about your existence. You are a deranged creature. You have a mental problem. You think because a person is white they are better or more valuable then a black person. This is an illogical, blanket perspective that does not corroborate to reality. Therefore your perspective is wrong, or false.

If it really makes you feel that much better about yourself, I would give you a sticker on your notebook, or truck, whatever you people like to put your stickers on.

It seems you have taken your principles right out of Hitlers book. Good job. What do you do for a living?

Why dont you run for election on this platform? Surely if it is so important that you know the true way to save humanity, and you are so passionate about this, you would attempt to become supreme ruler of America and enforce the slaughter of all the poor, ugly and black? Why are you not doing this?
edit on 29-4-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

There are more deranged and evil white people that exist in the world and do terrible and messed up things then black people. What do you think of poor and stupid white people? What do you think of all those severely overly obese white people, and the fact that the percentage of white people on welfare is just about equal to that of blacks?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

The world has gone through so much, to get and work towards the point, of people of all races being respected and seen as proper citizens, proper humans, with the same opportunity to fit into the community and work force as all other citizens. Your views and actions only hurt this progress, you are the de evolution. If a black person who worked hard to get an education, coming from humbling beginnings, and then went on to have a successful life and carrer came across your statements and perspective, how do you think they are supposed to feel. That after thinking they were seen as a human on earth, in a society, working to make a living in a community, that they see there are people who go around thinking this way about them, how are they suppose to feel and react to your statements?

If I was black it would make me unsure about white people. I personally think its people like you that cause all white people to have to overcompensate for your idiocy, so you are actually propelling what you claim to hate. The more stupid white racists that exist and are vocal, the more white people will have to apologize for them and prove they dont feel the same way.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

"the more white people will have to apologize for them "

??? why??

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: TheLegend

There are more deranged and evil white people that exist in the world and do terrible and messed up things then black people. What do you think of poor and stupid white people? What do you think of all those severely overly obese white people, and the fact that the percentage of white people on welfare is just about equal to that of blacks?

Lol. 38.8% of people on welfare in 2013 were white, and 39.8% of people were black.

Welfare 2013 source

Now lets look at the demographics of the United States.

White = 223,553,265 people, which is 72.4% of population.

African American = 38,929,319 people, which is 12.6% of the population.

US Demographics source

So while comprising only 12% of the population, you managed to take up more welfare than a group consisting over 72% of the population. Some quick math will tell you that's nearly 6-1 buddy. Black people are 6 times more likely to use welfare than white people. Sooooo, what's your point?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: muse7
Funny how no one made a thread when Donald Sterling made those comments, but as soon as Charles Barkley said that it was a black league, the conservative trolls crawled out from the woodwork in full force.

Funny how I ABSOLUTELY DID make a thread when Donald Sterling made those comments. ATS Thread - LA Clippers Owner to GF - 'Dont' Bring Black People To My Games' You can now eat your words, including the 'conservative trolls' comment

Sadly this sort of behavior does not surprise me anymore on this site.

You mean the sort of behavior where you don't actually tell the truth? Yeah ... that is sad.

BTW Charles Barkley is 100% right, the NBA is a predominantly black league.

He never used the word 'predominantly'. And that's the whole point.

@FF,

Good for you for having made the first thread dealing directly with what Sterling said. I've taken exception with your POV in this thread, but agree with this earlier thread of yours, including that it was a private conversation (which has legal ramifications as well) and that is an issue not getting much attention in the whole discussion.

What is troubling is that this here thread has gotten a whole lot more flags and posts than your other thread, to the point that I wasn't even aware of your other thread until you brought it up here (i.e. because of the algorithm that decides what makes it on the ATS home page). Seems there are a lot more people interested in and chiming in on a thread that criticizes a black celebrity for -- at best -- a statement that can be construed as racist (even though all he was doing was characterizing the composition of the NBA, on which he was fairly accurate), while relatively little interest at ATS is given to a stinking rich, white Jewish guy who said something, albeit privately, that was incredibly racist and repugnant to the vast majority of people. Never mind that this fellow, as it turns out, has a long history of racist statements and actions as well.

It is obvious that there are a fair number of people with racist agendas at this site. For the record, @FF, I don't lump you in this category, but you do share a proclivity with such people to make false equivalences, such as comparing the statements of Barkley and Sterling, in an apparent effort to suggest there is some double standard going on regarding the issue of race, and that white folk are unduly put upon and discriminated against and judged unfairly regarding such matters.

Let me be clear that I fully realize that racism isn't just by white folk, and that the media does at times have double standards on how they handle some news stories. However, this issue of what Barkley said is not one of them. Choose your battles more wisely when it comes to this matter, and you'll have more people giving your argument consideration than just the closet KKK crowd. And note: I'm not using hyperbole using this term; just look at some of the comments in this thread, which are outright racist.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm sick to death of the whole racist show. This man doesn't like black people hanging around him or his wife in public, and told her so in a assumed private conversation. He didn't break any laws (yet) and if you don't like it, too damned bad. This is the reason the NBA will have a tough time pressuring him as well. I know enough blacks say the most vile hateful things imaginable towards whites AND do so publicly, but that's dismissed and excused on a regular basis. Privately, you are ALLOWED to dislike people based on race, religion, or any other damned thing you please. Publicly should it be discouraged, I think so, should people be punished? OK, but only if you punish the blacks and everyone else that spew hatred against whites in EQUAL measure. So thought police, we're either equal or we're not, no exceptions.
edit on 29-4-2014 by Paschar0 because: typos

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 7918465230

You love to throw that out there, but it only reflects a deeper issue.

Some people are adults and they still do not understand Cause and Effect.

There are more blacks on welfare because of obvious racism. If you believe that blacks would like to be the number one consumer just because it sounds cool, that is racist in itself. If you fail to look at the systematic historical deprivation of black people, you would NEVER understand the effect, which is the now.

The non-Legend:

When we hold the Negro equally accountable for his/her remarks is when we will actually stop being racist as a society.

Imagine what the world would be like if Earth decided to do that to the Western/European that operates under misnomer white. If the world held you accountable for your actions I bet you'd see a pile of ash where the US. and european nations once stood. You are talking down to people and putting people into a box with your racist antiquated views. Lets not forget the atrocities that were placed upon people because they were considered to be sub-human. These are the 'civilized' ways that your ancestors promoted. Can you imagine? Someone coming to your house, with no soap, medicine, knowledge of math, the stars and just the natural way of life, telling you-you are less civilized than him. But hey, I guess if we were to really start talking about accountability we would need a new thread.
Every charge or violation that has been created was used to establish this country and it has infected the world!

Much like a child, the negro of the species can bamboozle, engage in shenanigans, mooch, and swindle, with little consequences.

You are absolutely disgusting, what if I referred to you as a caucasoid or a neander?? Would that be nice???
You apparently have an elementary understanding of the world around you. It is a shame to have eyes and sight, yet your still blind by choice. Your comments are insulting and only idiots with no real knowledge of Human history will link Apes to so-called "blacks". Apes are full of hair something you see on the european continent more than the African continent.

we have Greek gods to live up to in western culture.

The oldest worshipers and people to venerate heroes are in Africa. Its even more funny to know that the Greek pantheon is an adaptation of Egypt, which despite your ignorance and your failure to acknowledge is an African nation, by culture. (in ancient times of course, the indigenous people are now the minority)

Since you brought up the Greeks, you should find it interesting that they held people from the continent of Africa at the highest of high standards. The Greeks spoke very, very, very highly of Ethiopians. Know your history or else you just sound like an arrogant, ignorant kid on a soap box telling fables of unicorns.

Negro is a term that describes the way something looks to you, it doesn't describe what it is. It would be like calling corn by a color. "Can I have some yellow"! That's stupid and maybe it reflects your limited capacity to understand the world around you, or you just have a hard time dealing with hard facts.
Primitive isn't a bad word, but the atmosphere non-primitive peoples have put on it. It comes from the word Prime.

I know enough blacks say the most vile hateful things imaginable towards whites AND do so publicly, but that's dismissed and excused on a regular basis.

Saying something and being in a position to deprive someone of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a completely different story. Do you know any blacks that are in a position to deny someone Job based on skin color, or deny someone at a table because of how they look. ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON EARTH DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT. If we were in a position we would welcome you with open arms even if you had 10 eyes. The proof is in history. Western/European people back stabbed all of the people that welcomed them with open arms. That-all of the people I mentioned, is the Human Family.

edit on 29-4-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

Peace and Blessings to all.
edit on 29-4-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

"the more white people will have to apologize for them "

??? why??

Because it is a small minority of white people who are racists. And its embarrassing to have humans think that it is a reflection on the character of all white people, just as the white racists blanket their views of an 'abstract black person' and judge and reflect that on all black people.

The same reason a parent would feel sorry when their child shoots up a school or something. Because people have freedom to be idiots, and we are all sorry for them and ashamed of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

My point is what do you think of all the white people that use it? And what do you think of smart successful black people?

Im trying to determine if you hate all black people, or just some. And if you love all white people, or just some.

What do you think of dumb and/or fat and/or ugly white people?

Put yourself in someone elses shoes. Since people dont choose who their born too and under what conditions, if you were born african american what would you do?
edit on 29-4-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

Nope you lose. The owner of a basketball team was racist. Hes gone now. Score 1 for the good guys. You lose.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Some people are adults and they still do not understand Cause and Effect.

Oh, I understand cause and effect all too well sir. More so than you, I would imagine, or else you wouldn't be having this argument.

I know enough blacks say the most vile hateful things imaginable towards whites AND do so publicly, but that's dismissed and excused on a regular basis.

Saying something and being in a position to deprive someone of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness is a completely different story. Do you know any blacks that are in a position to deny someone Job based on skin color

Isn't that what this thread is supposed to be about? Some white guy said some questionably racist things to his supposed girlfriend, (who was baiting him to say it the whole time btw, and also apparently a mix of black and latino), and now the NBA is having a hissy fit over a private conversation, and now he's been banned from the NBA for life and will most likely be forced to sell his team. I know the guy is worth a little under 2 billion dollars, but that isn't or at least shouldn't be the point.

ALL OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON EARTH DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT.

LOL Yeah, sure. Whatever you say, chief.

The proof is in history.

And history is just that. History. You can stop crying now.

Western/European people back stabbed all of the people that welcomed them with open arms.

Another way to phrase that would be, Western/European people have won nearly all of our confrontations with other people. Would they not have stopped us had they been superior to us?
edit on 29-4-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
1. I've heard MANY people say things like "Hockey is a white sport", even though there are black players. No one ever cried about it.

2. Barkley said that the overwhelming majority of the players are black. It's true. 78% is an overwhelming majority. It's not like he said something BAD about the white players.

3. It's not like he's saying, "Don't let any white players into the game", which shows a preference based on race, which is what the Clipper's owner said.

true about hockey but no said its a white league. If sterling don't like blacks then don't watch the Clippers games or buy tickets. pretty simple. Is it required to like minorities before you buy?

edit on 29-4-2014 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02
My brother in law is laotian. ALL HIS BUDDIES DON'T LIKE ME CAUSE i AM WHITE. i REALLY DON'T CARE CAUSE THEY DON'T AFFECT ME. i MAKE MY OWN WAY AND IF THEY GET IN THE WAY i CRUSH THEM. That is how it is sorry for caps I hit caps lock half way thought. FTN

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
ummm.....in the spirit of denying ignorance, it kinda IS a black league...Just like NASCAR is a white league...
edit on 29-4-2014 by Anonex because: *shrug*

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anonex
ummm.....in the spirit of denying ignorance, it kinda IS a black league...Just like NASCAR is a white league...

It mostly is. That's why, like I said before, I don't think either of them said anything that was racist, yet we have a whole thread of people arguing about it, most of them saying even more racist comments than the one's they were complaining about in the first place.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Creature huh? I've tried hard not to attack Blacks and yet you have attacked me. If you can't even understand the difference between having less kids and genocide, then obviously your intellectual capacity is not nearly to the level required to debate me.

The funny thing is, I actually care more about Blacks and have proposed a way to help your race out(i've spammed some of my comments on youtube, let's see what become of them), and if it weren't for me, there would actually be a greater chance of your race being wiped out by the Chinese or the U.S, in the name of "resources."

So don't be questioning my existence, because you can live a thousand lifetimes and still wouldn't contribute to humanity, as much as a speck of dust in my saliva.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

www.archives.gov...

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Is the constitution just a GD piece of paper ?

Does it only apply some of the time ?

Be it Barkley or the clipper owner.

Free speech is FREE SPEECH.

Whether or not people agree with it or not.

People have the right to say what they think regardless the kangaroo courts of public opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

You can choose to be a lot less violent and have less kids, that IS something that you can control. How? Very simple, just have a few athletes do so on African TV. tell them about the problems and responsibilities of having kids, in other words, educate them(the thing about poor people is that they tend to lack common sense, so you have to make an effort to educate them). In the end, that's all that's required really. If you want more motivation, read what I've said in the last 30 posts or so, and very importantly, read everything in the links that I gave. Now broadcast what I've said on their TV, and that's it.

edit on 29-4-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I agree, but I think the angle they're taking with him is that he also has a "contract" with the NBA and part of that has to do with upholding a certain image. In other words, they want to be able to get rid of anyone that might cost them money, regardless of whether or not it's right or wrong, fair or unfair, who cares? If it costs the NBA money, you need to go.

Remember, the owners are the ones that really make these rules, so they probably didn't anticipate having too many problems or felt the need to be to heavy handed amongst themselves. But don't worry, they'll find ways of pressuring him even if he technically didn't break any rules.

This popular tactic allows many organizations to ignore silly things like the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

edit on 29-4-2014 by Paschar0 because: after thought

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join