It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Barkley on NBA: 'We are a black league. We are a black league"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TheLegend
It's because society expects more from white people.

We expect nothing from Negroes. They're pretty useless. Note: Africa is the controlled group.

OMG....

Never in my life have I been at a loss for words....until now!

Are you really at a loss for words? You haven't ever heard that before? Did you post this because you really are at a loss for words or did you post it to show everyone how "evolved" you are?

I know my post is off topic but so is yours. I expect all three of our posts will be removed "to prevent drift".

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
quote from Sterling,,made too girlfriend "Sterling: You’re perceived as either a Latina or a white girl. "

A WHITE GIRL?????????

LOL

is he Senile as well???
white girl? lol

maybe he actually is color blind???

lol

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I watched the video and when he said it, I was like nooooo, not totally correct, anyone with sense knows what he was trying to say but he was unable to express in that moment of emotion, what he should have said is this is a majority or predominantly black players league , nothing wrong with that, it's just facts, but we also know that it is a majority non-black owners league as well which is also fact, do you believe stating actual facts or numerical reality to be racist ? I think anyone who spent more than a couple of paragraphs on this you missed the point and are trying to prove one that is non existent, Charles Barkley put his foot in it, that's about as much as I can gather from this, nothing racist about it, foolish and materially inaccurate in the way it was presented yes.

edit on 29-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Barkely is the Rush Limbaugh of the NBA, he is paid to say ridiculous things. Occassionally he spouts a few ideas of his own idiocy but it amounts to the same thing. Ratings.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goteborg

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: TheLegend
It's because society expects more from white people.

We expect nothing from Negroes. They're pretty useless. Note: Africa is the controlled group.

OMG....

Never in my life have I been at a loss for words....until now!

Are you really at a loss for words? You haven't ever heard that before? Did you post this because you really are at a loss for words or did you post it to show everyone how "evolved" you are?

I know my post is off topic but so is yours. I expect all three of our posts will be removed "to prevent drift".

Oh, Iv'e heard it before, it's just that I never thought I'd see It put so bluntly on ATS. Thanks for the "evolved" complement.

Actually the thread is about racism, reverse racism, media reaction, cultural attitudes etc; not just comments by two fools. Isn't that what we're discussing....how is that thread drift? Either way I don't care...there will be plenty of other entertaining threads and posts dealing with these issues; that's how we Americans Rock!!!

edit on 29-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I disagree with your assessment. The thread is about one thing, the tyranny of the majority.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I disagree with your assessment. The thread is about one thing, the tyranny of the majority.

Now you're the "evolved" one! Good job!!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

How so, I'm not shocked by behavior that is not only human but has already been expressed in this thread. You're not equivalent to me...I don't pretend that I'm "evolved" and I read threads before I post in them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Fly Flyers Fly! Hoping for 2 wins in a row Flyers fan!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Goteborg

I think a lot of people are confusing ignorance with race in a lot of instances, racism generally means that statements you make are based on the presumption your are somehow superior to someone and you base all of your judgement and the way you operate on that false assumption, you also see others as inferior.

I think Barkley was of the ignorant, but the person he was talking about , the Clippers owner, seems to feel damaged or somehow not want his image to be associated or overly associated with blacks that is an entirely different can of worms.

Some people in another thread were mad that I always bring the definition out, well you need the definition in order to define what anything is.

That helps in truly coming to a conclusion whether something someone says , the way they treat others, or how they think of others is racist.

This is only fair, it has nothing to do with the real world or any self definition you see it, a lot of folks tend to think certain things are not racist but in fact they are and vis versa.

I just say read the definition then use it to analyze who you are deeming a racist, that helps a lot.

racism
rac·ism
noun ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi-

: poor treatment of or violence against people because of their race

: the belief that some races of people are better than others
Full Definition of RACISM
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

racist
racist
noun
a person who believes that one race should control all others -after the passage of the 13th Amendment to the Constitution, racists still used violence and intimidation to prevent African-Americans from enjoying their new constitutional rights
edit on 29-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

oh my god, the majority of people dislike racism SUCH TYRANNY! HOW DARE YOU TELL ME I SHOULDN'T BE RACIST! THE NERVE OF THE MAJORITY!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

You're not equivalent to me...I don't pretend that I'm "evolved" and I read threads before I post in them.

You mad, bro?

I read the threads as well; they're entertaining and often thought provoking but in the grand scheme of things;
like you said....bleh!

Somebody needs a hug....
edit on 29-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Snoop dogg responded by calling sterling a white bread cracker, I'd understand if this thread was about that hypocrisy, but forcing some false equivalency into Barkley's comment is ignorant. Barkley made a comment regarding the racial demographic of basketball, he never said anything about any other race.

If you MUST defend sterling and counter with a point about how blacks also say racist things, use Snoop. He used racial slurs.

If you used Snoop instead of Barkley, I bet you'd find a lot less "libbbeeerrrrall reverse racism". Sorry my skin isn't as thin as yours.
edit on 04pm12pm302014-04-29T12:48:13-05:0012America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
To me the greatest hypocrisy in this thread comes from the posters in it.

So many of you complain about the PC police, and say people are over sensitive. We are all so tired of the endless outrage over non PC comments, yet these comments by Charles Barkley have everyone screaming "WHERES THE OUTRAGE!" if you had any consistency that wouldn't be the case.

You know why I'm not as mad at Barkley as Sterling? Because there not the same.

Some of you seem more interested in defending your team, and by team I mean white people. I don't know why you would feel that, cause sterling doesn't represent all whites, but some these defenses that go out of their way to point out how blacks are also racist seem that way.
edit on 04pm01pm302014-04-29T13:07:13-05:0001America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

(post by Goteborg removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't think what Charles Barkley said was racist, but I also don't think that anything Donald Sterling said in that audio recording was racist either. I think people are blowing both statements out of proportion, and are overreacting.

If one things for sure though, that woman on the audio recording of Donald Sterling is a b!tch and a half, and she needs to be kicked to the curb pronto. He's worth just under 2 billion dollars, he can say anything he wants. Hell, I know I'd say some racist sh!t if I was a billionaire just for the simple fact that I could, and because it would piss a lot of people with sand in their vagina off, and because there wouldn't be a damn thing anyone could do about it. I not even racist, it would just be for pure amusement. That being said, Donald Sterling didn't even know he was being recorded, and he still didn't say anything racist, even whilst his so called girlfriend was baiting him to say it. And yet, somehow people still have their panties in a twist.

He owns the team outright Charles, and he's got almost 2 billion, so what the hell is fining him going to do anyway?
edit on 29-4-2014 by 7918465230 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Maybe youre right, maybe thats why hes so angry at different ethnic groups, hes color blind so he doesnt know!

Also I hear hes banned for life from the NBA........

Which in his defense isnt THAT long......he IS 80 something....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 7918465230
I don't think what Charles Barkley said was racist, but I also don't think that anything Donald Sterling said in that audio recording was racist either. I think people are blowing both statements out of proportion, and are overreacting.

If one things for sure though, that woman on the audio recording of Donald Sterling is a b!tch and a half, and she needs to be kicked to the curb pronto. He's worth just under 2 billion dollars, he can say anything he wants. Hell, I know I'd say some racist sh!t if I was a billionaire just for the simple fact that I could, and because it would piss a lot of people with sand in their vagina off, and because there wouldn't be a damn thing anyone could do about it. I not even racist, it would just be for pure amusement. That being said, Donald Sterling didn't even know he was being recorded, and he still didn't say anything racist, even whilst his so called girlfriend was baiting him to say it. And yet, somehow people still have their panties in a twist.

He owns the team outright Charles, and he's got almost 2 billion, so what the hell is fining him going to do anyway?

Completely off topic, but whats with the pandigital number name?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Maybe youre right, maybe thats why hes so angry at different ethnic groups, hes color blind so he doesnt know!

Yeah, apparently they're trying to force him to sell the team. If I was him, I'd use all my resources, find the best lawyer in the world, and fight that BIG TIME. If for nothing but spite.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 7918465230

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah, apparently they're trying to force him to sell the team. If I was him, I'd use all my resources, find the best lawyer in the world, and fight that BIG TIME. If for nothing but spite.
He has no choice. If they get the 3/4 approval they need from the other owners, its a done deal. Its in the league bylaws that he agreed to.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join