It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a B-2 Stealth Bomber fly over my town!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradoxical
I was at soccer practice (i'm 16) last saturday and about 10:30 am and i heard a loud sound that sounded like a normal commercial plane but when i looked up and saw the distinct shape and black color of none other (than I know of) than a Stealth B-2 Bomber. It was flying lower than a commercial planei think because it looked pretty big. (15,000ft., 20,000ft. ?!) Later that day i was golfing with my friend and mentioned it and he said he saw it too about 30 minutes away from where I was at the time. Also, my mom's friend said she saw it on the same day! I was suprised to hear from my friend that they supposedly didnt fly over the continental USA, is this true ?? I live in Upstate NY if any1 is wondering...

Has anyone ever see one??

Where do you think it was going and why??

they fly over the continntal us all the time! ever hear of air shows? and they are not that loud for being a huge air craft. ive seen em fly over all the time and they are really quiet for and intercontenental bomber. plus they are based in missouri i think.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmileyMan34
I saw a B-52 flying really low over my house, southwest, I assume it musta been for an airshow in Chicago or something for Memorial day. Maybe yours was prepping for the upcoming festivities

id rather see orions than a bunch of kc-135s fly out from offutt AFB in nebraska. concider yourself lucky. i live directly under their flightline and if they have a bad day my whole negiborhood is going to have a bad day.

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
(I was in a school only one kilometer of Le Bourget airport), we (my class) saw the shuttle columbia in flight (
) on the back of a boieng.

I saw many airplanes in flight, and also on earth... When I was young I used to go to visit the show but since a few years I wont go there... Dont ask me why.

But never a B-2... The american never bring it in France...

and we dont want to bring it to france!

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I took pictures of a b-2 i saw a few years back at an airshow held at El Toro (the former marine base). The bomber flew straight vertically so you could see the full wingspan which is huge. My dad told me that he had a friend who saw a b-2 with an f-117 off each wingtip. The guy is still kicking his own ass today because he didn't have a camera with him.

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've only seen 1 B-2 and it was years ago at an air show in Oxford, Alabama. The announcer told the crowd that the B-2 was flying in from Missouri and it only took a matter of minutes for the craft to reach AL from Missouri. It was truly an amazing sight, but it made virtually no noise so Im not sure if Paradoxical saw the Stealth B-2 or not

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Not a common sight in England, I took these two pictures from my back garden about 4 or 5 years ago.

They were heading towards RAF Fairford which is about 20 minutes drive from my place. There are regular fly-overs of many different aircraft, but this was easily the best. When a B-1 flew over my place once the noise was amazingly ear-crushing compared to the B-2's amazing humming.

Sorry for the poor scan quality.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Those are very impressive Simon - one would assume you heard them coming, and have camera ready at all times.

Also quite freaky is the volume of blue sky!

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It was around the time of the Royal International Air Tattoo (July/August), any aviation freak in Swindon knows to keep a camera at the ready when this airshow is setting up.

Unfortunately, the weather is already going arctic here again after hitting 100f a few weeks ago.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
i see these regulary...

ive sat in this baby...(not that particular plane but one of them)

i see these at least once a year sometimes twice...

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And I get to see nothing down here in the Antipodes. LOL.

Thank you Mrs. Clark, I love you so much for getting rid of most of our fighters and buying a bunch of useless LAVs.

Sorry, sore spot.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I didn't realize you were part of the Gondwanaland pact till now, Delta.

Don't worry too much about RNZAF here at ATS.

What you will find, is that there is much weaponry ready for mobiliz/sation that is capable of soaring above the top two inches of many of the former ANZUS treaty partner members in this chunk of the cyberspace fly zone. Stealth or no stealth.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I usally see transport helicopters and a few T-38 trainers. There are not too many airbases left in northern California.

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by jetsetter]

[Edited on 1-9-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I didn't realize you were part of the Gondwanaland pact till now, Delta.

Don't worry too much about RNZAF here at ATS.

What you will find, is that there is much weaponry ready for mobiliz/sation that is capable of soaring above the top two inches of many of the former ANZUS treaty partner members in this chunk of the cyberspace fly zone. Stealth or no stealth.

Yep Im a proud Kiwi.
I dont quite understand your last paragraph?

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   
To paraphrase mildly, top two inches = head, or brain.

Typical Kiwi sports coach's vernacular.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thanks.

There is still quite a lot of cooperation going on, as everybody knows.

Its just the regular forces that have suffered because of it. Not really on topic, but its interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Just like Zion.. I see the Orions regularly. My dad flew in them when he was with the Dutch marines. They're stationed on Curacao, but they sometimes go to the base zion mentioned...

Sometimes I see U.S. f16's. Also stationed on Curacao.

Sometimes I see a c130. And a few weeks ago a U.S. government airplane was here (with Donald Rumsveld on board). I didn'tget to see it though.

posted on Aug, 31 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I see C-130s just about everyday fly by. I saw the King of Jordan's plane once out at the local airport.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
as long as its bombay doors were closed dont worry

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I saw 2 or 3 B-1's and it was loud!!!!!!!!!

I also saw a c-5 Galaxy and a C-17 globemaster

top topics

<< 1   >>

join