It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Straight Look at the Recent Nevada Land Dispute

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
a reply to: rockflier

Law is Law though and protest is empty without a willingness to stand for consequence in the name of our beliefs.

I have read of your participation in the movement, my comment was not meant as an indictment of anyone, just a general statement.

I truly believe that the folks at Bunkerville, however anyone else judges their motivation or sincerity, realize they are in for problems and probably arrest and confinement. From my knowledge of militia types, through old friends and relatives, they believe it is time to make a stand, right or wrong in the eyes of others. From the research you have done and presented, my initial interpretation of the Constitution and the restrictions on the Feds owning land has changed.

I also believe that the likelihood of some of the more aggressive personnel on both sides of the issue causing more than a peaceful resolution is highly likely. A shame it has come to this point. The part of our society that has lost all faith in the federal government is apparently ready to do whatever they feel appropriate regardless of consequences. I cannot say I do not agree with them
edit on 591414 by rockflier because: Added last sentence

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier

I mentioned the NPS as an example of where the FBI has jurisdiction. The FBI also has jurisdiction on the BLM property.

Note that this is not Bundy's land. If it was his land, there wouldn't be a "situation." Bundy is abusing "our" land, since the BLM land is public land. I can camp on what Bundy thinks is his land for two weeks straight, then must move 25 miles away.

Of course, given the lack of understanding of Bundy regarding our property, I wouldn't camp on what he thinks is his land. But do note that Bundy is keeping me off my land, being that I can use BLM property if I obey the rules.

The hill that the camo dudes like to park on is BLM property. When I climb it, I do so knowing that it is perfectly legal to do so. The dudes are not very friendly, so they leave the hill when I show up.

Knowing what is legal can come in handy. I routinely give people crap who think I am on their land. They back down because they know I am correct. But trust me, many of these ranchers act as if they own the land on which they have grazing permits.
edit on 9-5-2014 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Thanks for the clarification

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join