It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uploading pics questions (size?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I had started uploading some photos taken at Teotihuacan. Only got a few uploaded and noticed this:

Why are they showing up like that?

I checked the sizes and they are all about 4-5 mb in size. If they do upload and I post them, will they be so huge that
whole photo won't show? Do I need to resize them? I don't want to spend lots of time uploading them to find out they
are so huge they look terrible, but I don't want to spend the time resizing them all if I don't need to. There are a lot
of photos, but I'll start out with maybe 8 unless people would like to see more.

Here is a link to one for size.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-4-2014 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

Good question.

I've never been able to 'imbed' images so they show in the actual post. I'm on a MAC and if anyone can tell me how to imbed images, let alone the optimal size and file type, I will be hughly gratiful.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm on a mac too. I don't usually have a problem embedding photos. Once you upload them, click on the pic. There will
be 3 choices to pick. To embed the photo, chose BBcode for use in post. Copy that link and then paste it in your post.
It should show up.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Post one here to see

Or go to the link at the bottom of my page where it says Avatar Creations and post one there so you can see that actual size

I had just posted there so just click onto my reply button...we'll see what it looks like

ETA: also some of mine look like that in uploads, with no image but they are okay size wise

WAIT...are you saying you can't post them???
edit on 27-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Embedding it here to see what it looks like. WOW, it shrunk it down to tiny! What?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: virraszto

Embedding it here to see what it looks like.

Looks perfect!!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It's TOO small. How could it go from 4 mb to postage stamp size??? lol

If you click on the link in my OP, you can see the original size.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

It's TOO small. How could it go from 4 mb to postage stamp size??? lol

I'm not sure how it works, I'm not that computer smart. LOL

But it's a good size regardless

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Okay thanks - but I use MACs just because I am not that tech savy.

1 Upload the photos to where?
2 Click on pic where? (where it's been downloaded to.....)?

Dumb it down for me will you?

I do keep pictures in iphoto. What do I do from that point. Draging and Dropping has never worked. I must be missing this Download piece/

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Thumbnail is not much bigger that the posted photo. I'm going to try to post a thumbnail and see what happens.

It seems I can't preview my post, so can't tell until I reply.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

First, click on the circle with the check in it next to the logout. You'll see the upload button then. Click it, and it will
take you to the photo uploading page. Then click on the cloud with the up arrow. It will open a box for you to find your
photo on your mac. ( I put mine on my desktop before uploading so its easier to find) One you find your photo, click OPEN, and then you have to click on the up arrow. It will upload then. Once it's uploaded, you'll see a thumbnail. Click on it.

Hope I explained that ok.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I've decided I'm not going to upload high resolution photos only to have them shrunk to slighly larger than a thumbnail.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I've decided I'm not going to upload high resolution photos only to have them shrunk to slighly larger than a thumbnail.

Just post pics like you did on the test run [BBcode for use in post]
You don't want them too big or else it won't fit in the thread. LOL

It looks fine to me...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

First, click on the circle with the check in it next to the logout. You'll see the upload button then. Click it, and it will
take you to the photo uploading page. Then click on the cloud with the up arrow. It will open a box for you to find your
photo on your mac. ( I put mine on my desktop before uploading so its easier to find) One you find your photo, click OPEN, and then you have to click on the up arrow. It will upload then. Once it's uploaded, you'll see a thumbnail. Click on it.

Thank you, very nicely done. I'll try one if no one minds>

Well looks like I spoke too soon.

After I've chosen the file and press the "upload" icon I get an error message that states "Only image files can be uploaded". I've tried jpeg and pdf and the system would not accept either.

edit on 28-4-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

Thank you, very nicely done. I'll try one if no one minds>

Well looks like I spoke too soon.

After I've chosen the file and press the "upload" icon I get an error message that states "Only image files can be uploaded". I've tried jpeg and pdf and the system would not accept either.

Change the image file extension from "jpeg" to "jpg" & it should work. I just did a test upload with a file renamed as a jpeg & got the same error message. the same file previously uploaded successfully as a jpg.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Let me try this

Yipee - Gif works.

It's a good day in the neighbord hood.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Is there any reason why you want us to see the pictures?

There has to be a size limit imagine if every picture uploaded was 4-5mb in size.

How long have you had your Nikon.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

If you right click on any image, and go to view image, you can see the full size I think(if the original upload is 4928 x 3264). It is resized in the thread, because if it wasn't it would mess up the view of the thread with scroll bars, especially for mobile users.
edit on Mon, 28 Apr 2014 02:22:40 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

If you right click on any image, and go to view image, you can see the full size I think(if the original upload is 4928 x 3264). It is resized in the thread, because if it wasn't it would mess up the view of the thread with scroll bars, especially for mobile users.

This ^^^^

Right click on any image and choose "Open image in new tab" (or equivalent for your OS/browser). The full-size image is there, it is just shrunk for viewing purposes.

I just did that with your Teotihuacan image and I am getting a full image sized at 4928 x 3264 pixels.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
having to sroll left/right on a forum is insanely annoying. To help, ATS has code for placing images from your upload to here that sets large images as a thumbnail. If you edit your post you will see that it has tags. I believe pic tags. You can also use ats, img, and atsimg tags. each tag has a slightly different effect.

The thumbnail allows you to click on the image and get the full size. Which is nice, as you can actually see it and not have the rest of the forum having to scroll left/right to read.

new topics

top topics

join