It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Are Having Strange Issues With This Site

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

I wonder if the people that are not having issues are not as active (no offense, but you are a relatively new member), or not as active in a certain way. Maybe the intelligence agencies have some sort of algorithm to figure that all out. They undoubtedly do. For example, the very fact that I'm saying something like this would put me as a target in that scenario.
edit on 30-4-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Double --other below.
edit on 5/1/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: brazenalderpadrescorpio

Not everybody has to think like you.

Yes, I know. I even said:

You are of course free to think whatever you want.
I also have a right to question what you write and even disagree.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have never posted on a conspiracy board before, so I was not aware of the possibility of DDOS attacks (like someone else had mentioned). I also don't think logically sometimes.

??
You have posted on this site (as of this moment) 1646 times and you have made numerous threads.

AS for you saying you don't think logically sometimes...well you said it, not me.

My point about giving me a hard time (and yes I was referring to that thread as well as this one)

Well you actually said I give people a hard time, not just you:

It seems like you like to give people a hard time, huh?

You seemed to take my criticisms of what you said and generalize (or imply) that is my modus operandi overall.

I made comments on this thread and the other one of yours because I disagreed with you (ie. ATS is a singularity, sign of a harvest of the end days, ATS is an energy vortex, and in other thread that meditation should be enforced))

On the other thread you backtracked after others and myself disagreed with your OP, then saying you actually meant something else.

Kind of like you said to me in this thread that you were speaking "symbolically", as if anyone should just know this when you never said you were until your reply to me.

I'm sorry that it's maybe not be preferable that I question some of what you say.

I don't know you personally and nothing I have written to you should be taken personally, but it's just a reaction to what you have written.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

First of all, I just want to say that when you dissect my post(s) like that, they completely lose their meaning. I almost feel like I have to scramble to put the vase together after you smashed it to pieces. Anything after all of what you said is pointless. Let me try to address your issues.

1) You said this:

You are of course free to think whatever you want.

And then on the other hand you said this:

AS for you saying you don't think logically sometimes...well you said it, not me.

So if I'm free to think whatever I want, why do you make a judgement call about me not thinking logically? It seems like a bit of a double-standard.

2) I said this:

I have never posted on a conspiracy board before, so I was not aware of the possibility of DDOS attacks (like someone else had mentioned).

And then you said this:

?? You have posted on this site (as of this moment) 1646 times and you have made numerous threads.

A complete misunderstanding. Let me clarify. I meant that I have never posted on ATS or any other conspiracy website before. In other words, I have no experience in what the intelligence community may or may not be possible of doing. And let me just say that the intelligence community even being interested in this site (or any other), is pure speculation.

3) You said this:

Well you actually said I give people a hard time, not just you

That's splitting-hairs (trivial objections). I'm not even going to address that.

And in conclusion:
You can disagree with me all you want, I have absolutely no problem with that. I just suggest (just a little bit of advice) that you learn to see the harmony in what people say and not be so anal. I understand that you say that you don't know me personally, but by your actions on this thread and others (yes, I have observed you on threads other than mine), you seem to not want to understand people who's opinion is different than yours.

I understand that I said some stuff that doesn't make sense, but life doesn't always make sense! Get used to it, or you're going to give others a hard time, and then they have to do cleanup. I understand that you like to dissect other people's statements, but I personally don't believe in making other people's lives a living hell.

I'm pretty sure that you're going to counter that by saying about the enforced meditation thread, but what I said in that thread wasn't really given a chance because people were more concerned about attacking what I said, instead of helping me see how something like that could be done in a way that could benefit society, and in a way that could feel most naturally to people. I explicitly said, no pain, no torture, no death, nothing of that sort in that thread. Why would anybody have a problem in being encouraged to meditate if it would benefit them, and if it would not hurt them in any way as stated? It seems as if introspection is the only thing that would benefit society at this point.

I agree that the word enforcing was a bad choice, but I was just trying to stress the idea of perhaps making it so that others would not see it as so taboo, and that they would then naturally gravitate towards that.

Feel free to dissect any of these statements, and completely suck the life out of them.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So if I'm free to think whatever I want, why do you make a judgement call about me not thinking logically? It seems like a bit of a double-standard.

You are the one that said

I also don't think logically sometimes.

How is that a judgement call by me? I even said

well you said it, not me.

So what's the issue? It seems more like your own judgement of yourself.

On ATS, people always look at other's OPs and comments and "call out" things in them, challenge them, and point out things that downright don't make any sense.
I don't think for most people that "makes their life a living hell".
Otherwise nobody would continue posting, I would think.

That I also do that in some of my replies shouldn't really be that surprising.

If it is surprising to you, I don't know what you're reading on ATS.

You just above said

You can disagree with me all you want, I have absolutely no problem with that. I just suggest (just a little bit of advice) that you learn to see the harmony in what people say and not be so anal.

You said I'm anal, but I'm just trying to find more practical explanations rather than jump to the more improbable first. If something seems discordant to an issue, I may say something about it.

BTW you mention a double standard, and frown on dissecting posts, yet what are you doing with mine?
No big deal to me.
It's ATS.
Just saying...

I also said

I don't know you personally and nothing I have written to you should be taken personally, but it's just a reaction to what you have written.

Though (I might be wrong) it seems like you are taking it personally.
Why? (if you are)

I know you have written that you think you may be sort of "under the microscope" of letter agencies or TPTB more than others, maybe (or not) making you more sensitive to comments.
I'm not trying to exacerbate that even if you might think I am.

***Remember too, that the new changes to ATS are not that old and kinks may still be getting worked out, without there having to be a big conspiracy, or unnatural forces, or letter agencies at work.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I'm kind of frustrated right now because I have to retype my long response to you. Stupid browser. I got redirected to another ATS page for no apparent reason.

When you said this:

well you said it, not me.

What did you mean by that? Were you trying to say that I was saying too much? Or were you trying to say that by saying that I was somehow revealing myself as inadequate? Please tell me what you meant by saying that so that we're clear on things.

You asked this:

So what's the issue? It seems more like your own judgement of yourself.

Are you trying to say that I'm insecure about being illogical? Why would I be insecure about being illogical if my whole time on the internet, I've only once stated that I felt myself to be illogical? That was on ATS. Can you guess when that was? My friends have never mentioned me being illogical, and my family has never mentioned anything about me being illogical. If no one has ever mentioned me being illogical, and much less made fun of me because of it, why would I be insecure about it? My friends and family know that I'm creative, but I've never once had a conversation with them about me being illogical. Let's put it this way, if someone mentioned something to me about being illogical, and made fun of me about it, I definitely don't remember it! It sounds like I'm lying, but I swear to God that I'm telling the truth!
I just mention it once in my whole life and, apparently, I have issues about it.

And this brings me to the question, if you thought that I was insecure about being illogical, what was your purpose in asking me about it? Wouldn't asking a question like that rub salt in the wounds?

You then mentioned this:

On ATS, people always look at other's OPs and comments and "call out" things in them, challenge them, and point out things that downright don't make any sense. I don't think for most people that "makes their life a living hell". Otherwise nobody would continue posting, I would think.

Let me just set things straight. I don't mind someone asking me a question to clarify what I meant about something. But when somebody nit-picks every single little trivial detail (especially like you did in your second to last post and beyond), that irks me. Once someone has clarified something, why do you have to continue the criticism? At that point, it is no longer constructive criticism. And trust me, I don't care if it's you or anybody else here on ATS, there's no need for that.

The only thing that I have to give you credit for is that at times when I clarified something, at those times, you seem to neglect the issue. That's the only thing I can give you credit for. Oh, and you also sometimes admit that you don't really know me enough to really say anything bad about me (I'm paraphrasing).

Retyping this has been sort of annoying because I'm backing everything up to Notepad, just in case.
edit on 2-5-2014 by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I'm still having some issues on my original iPad. My last post was rather long but at 3 am, I would think response times would be fast. I had to hit refresh 4 times to see my post show up and get rid of a mostly blank or black ATS screen.

Just an adder, this short reply showed up right away. I have in the past seen the mostly black screen just viewing posts. I'll post back if I notice that tonight.
edit on 2/5/14 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

OMG FFS

You are reading Way Way too much into that one comment.

It's almost like you think what I write has a "subtext" and am trying to say things "in between the lines".

YOU are the one that said YOU sometimes don't think logical.

Then YOU accused ME of being judgemental of you when I mentioned that it was YOU that said it.

I remarked that how could I be the one "judgmental" and say that YOU don't always think logically when YOU said it.

I brought up that it was more of YOUR judgement of YOURSELF.

I NEVER said you were insecure about it. Or that people "made fun of you".

Where do you get some of this from??

You are asking irrelevant and somewhat paranoid sounding questions about things you THINK I was saying and implying, when I was simply saying how could I be blamed for something YOU said?

Oh, and you also sometimes admit that you don't really know me enough to really say anything bad about me (I'm paraphrasing).

Yes, quite paraphrased.

again, FFS

I am NOT saying anything about YOU personally, but instead your POSTS.

WHY is that so HARD to understand???

Holy space jebus.

But when somebody nit-picks every single little trivial detail (especially like you did in your second to last post and beyond), that irks me. Once someone has clarified something, why do you have to continue the criticism?

Because I was replying to your posts to me. Things apparently weren't clarified in your understanding of my replies to you.

Things that have Nothing to do with the topic.

Clarifying things that you were either misinterpreting, or I don't know what.

I only said:

On ATS, people always look at other's OPs and comments and "call out" things in them, challenge them, and point out things that downright don't make any sense. I don't think for most people that "makes their life a living hell". Otherwise nobody would continue posting, I would think.

Because you were saying that criticising and "nit-picking" your OP was making your "life a living hell" and was "sucking the life out of it".

I didn't say you were insecure about "your logic"--

I mentioned that you seem to think you are the focus of alphabet agencies and TPTB more than posters and sometimes seem think that the more improbable things may be the answer before the more simple practical reasons.

And that you may be more "sensitive" about comments on your content possibly because YOU have said to others that YOU may be more of a "target" than others.

Nobody else said that you were a a big target more than other people, YOU did.

In all that I Never mentioned anything about YOUR comment of "how you sometimes don't think logically", much less "rubbing salt in your wounds".

The last paragraph of my above post summed some of that up. Practical, simpler explanations.

You seem to almost be trying to make an effort to not understand my replies (IMO) and you read Way Way too much into what I'm saying to think it all means things I'm not even saying to you.

I have not been talking about your OP for a while, but instead replying to your posts about what you "think" I am saying.
edit on 5/2/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

I notice that the issue that you mentioned tends to happen more on the iPad. I don't see that happening that much on my laptop. I think that it may have to do more with how ATS is setup.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Since we're just going round and round and the issue (and getting nowhere in the process, and wasting a colossal amount of time), I'm just going to mention something that you said that's more on the topic.

I mentioned that you seem to think you are the focus of alphabet agencies and TPTB more than posters and sometimes seem think that the more improbable things may be the answer before the more simple practical reasons.

This would be something interesting worth talking about (and more towards the OP), but since I'm so burned out by the relentless back and forth, I don't think that I want to talk about it right now. I just want to say that I'm not the first one to mention the fact that people who frequent ATS may be a target, and that there were some classified documents released to that effect. If you want to talk about that, that's fine. But I'm just about as done as you are, to be honest.

And the fact that you think that this:

Oh, and you also sometimes admit that you don't really know me enough to really say anything bad about me (I'm paraphrasing).

was me in some sort of way saying something against you shows how distorted everything has gotten. I also don't appreciate taking the blame for derailing this thread (my thread in fact), since you had a large part in that as well. Your last post shows that you still haven't been able to get over things that don't make a difference.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

OMG

No offense, but I honestly hope I never run into you in another thread again to where there has to be any kind of back and forth.

You read things and think (it seems) automatically that they are meant to be saying something else. (In my honest opinion from the depths of my being.)

I never blamed you for derailing the thread, either. Where did you pull that one from?

Not everybody writes their OP "symbolically" or use the opposite terms they really mean, then expect others to "just know that" as you explained you did in both threads of yours I replied in.

As i have only seen you in two threads (both yours) I will avoid commenting or replying to any of yours in the future, ok?

Obviously you have the right to post wherever you like, but if you reply to a post of mine in some other thread, don't expect me to respond to you.

Then I won't "make your life a living hell" or "suck the life out of you".

OK?

Does that sound good to you?

Ciao

edit on 5/2/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

It's done! Why can't you just stop? Is this about saving face to you? What's your problem?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
When I am on this site dodgy downloads try to download on to my computer - my security stops it though. Maybe if security was no good the download happens without knowing about it.
This never happens on any other site I go to.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I find strange issues with the site when I try to access it from an unidentified computer in an internet cafe. For some reason it does not seem to load pages at all.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's the damnedest thing..ain't it..

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: decltype

I think the weirdest thing is when everyone is experiencing issues at the same time.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have been having chronic problems loading ATS for the past few weeks, but only on my old laptop. Couldn't get pages to load at all, but new laptop and phone were fine. I think it was one of the advertisements spooking it.
However, I have just switched to Google Chrome from the old Google and now it is completely fine.
Hope that helps anybody with the same problem.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Requesting this thread be closed.

It's clear that no one here understands computers, networks or the Internet; and how it affects them.

Too many people over estimating their importance, and how much governments of any kind actually give a damn about how many times a bunch of nutjobs post on a conspiracy website.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SaganTheGreat

You obviously haven't been experiencing problems only on ATS. Carry on...

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I just had to hit refresh 4 times to see any text or threads show up on ATS.

The technical problems still exist outside of whatever other problems may exist. I'm sticking to discussing technical problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join