It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties, massive damage as multiple tornadoes rip through US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

A powerful tornado storm system has ripped through several US states, killing one in Oklahoma and another victim at least 6 in central Kansas while causing major damage in the Great Plains, Midwest and Southern states.

A tornado killed one person in Quapaw, a small residence in Oklahoma, on the border of Kansas and Missouri, authorities announced, saying the storm struck the town around 17:30 local time.

Television footage showed damaged and overturned vehicles after a massive tornado struck about 10 miles west of Little Rock, Arkansas moving north-eastward for 30 miles.

The twister ripped through along Interstate 40 between the suburbs of Maumelle and Mayflower, causing damage there. There were no immediate reports of causalities there

Casualties, massive damage as multiple tornadoes rip through US

In a way, this is surprising. In another way, it is not.
I have this strong feeling that Mother Nature is very very sick, and she isn't getting better

Some pictures from the storm:

UPDATE: An aerial video of the destruction

edit on 4-27-2014 by AnarchistoOfTheNorth because: Adding photos

edit on 4-27-2014 by AnarchistoOfTheNorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We have some members doing an excellent job tracking and reporting the events as they unfold.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have been following Havox and Techicx all day. They are doing a great job.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnarchistoOfTheNorth

I have this strong feeling that Mother Nature is very very sick, and she isn't getting better

Maybe DIY by human to test it can kill how many people.(Geo engineering)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

It is tornado season.

It happens every single year.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Going to be an extreme spring and summer apparently.

I bet it gets a lot worse before it gets better.

We had a rough winter, I expect the next will be even more extreme....

Thoughts and prayers for those who have been, are and may be in the path of these storms.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
We have some members doing an excellent job tracking and reporting the events as they unfold.

Before you get smart with me, I was unaware there a storm going until I was chatting with a friend and a telephone pole came crashing into her living room.

EDIT: Calm your titties, people, I misinterpreted what he said (I'm getting tired of saying that)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AnarchistoOfTheNorth

I don't think that was an attempt to get smart, just that there is a thread for updates on the storm.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Before you get smart with me, I was unaware there a storm going until I was chatting with a friend and a telephone pole came crashing into her living room.

Wow,

How was I getting smart with you?

I was simply informing you that you can follow the events of the day on that thread.

edit on 27-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Okay children let's play nice.

The world is contentious enough as is....

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I just re-read what you posted again, I misinterpreted what you said
I'm tired, Its late, little sleep,

A perfect formula for misinterpretation.
Sorry about that.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
More like your Ego misinterpreted what it said. Instead of apologizing, this is a your attempt to save face.

Don't be so quick to assume my friend, it'll get the best of you.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark
More like your Ego misinterpreted what it said. Instead of apologizing, this is a your attempt to save face.

Don't be so quick to assume my friend, it'll get the best of you.

Not, even, close.
No, I interpreted it as "You people are blind, you didn't know here was a big ass storm going on?"
You'll find that Misinterpretation strikes often in a man with Insomnia.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Don't worry about it.

I have been following tge events all day because I have to take my better half to the hospital at 5 am. She is having a c section to welcome my son into the world.

I have been on high alert because I have been through a tornado and it's destruction first hand. I don't really want my son being born in the middle of chaos and destruction. Not to mention I have to drive her 45 minutes to the hospital.

I have been a nervous wreck, but so far the severe stuff has been to the south of us here in southern Illinois.

It's going to be a long night and a long day for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That is a great pic.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I've been sitting in the other thread, following our storm chasers' reports. We've been wishing your wife and you, good tidings in the birth of your new son. I bet you are nervous. Glad the real bad stuff is not on top of you.

We are all rooting for you! I hope you give a joyous birth announcement from the hospital.

Des

edit on 27-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thank you Des.

I will update. I am glad the severe stuff is missing us so far, but I feel bad for the people that are affected by the storms.

Right now it is raining with some lighting.

I'm supposed to be in bed, 3:30 will come real fast and early. But I know I can't sleep, i'm glad I had that nap earlier.

Everyone stay safe and aware during the storms.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Tornadoes kill 16 in Arkansas, 1 in Oklahoma
Video
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear this. Hope the death toll doesn't rise. Hearts out to all effected. Stay safe, and best of luck to your wife & yourself lj!!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Tornado's are not new.

Humans have been here for the blink of an eye in comparison to the history of our planet, there have been billions of climate changes during that time. What we are seeing is either the result of our interference in our environment (something akin to the butterfly effect) or a natural evolution or cycle of the planet.

Either way, I think it's wrong to interpret these events as anything other than natural occurrence, which is what it is. We have to learn to deal with and adapt to climate alterations, but there will always be environmental challenges that test and threaten us in numerous places.

Basically, it doesn't mean mother nature is "sick" or that things are "getting worse", it just means that we have to deal with our natural world, just as have always had to do.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Watching this on the news, I do hope it doesn't get worse for everyone in the storm's path.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join