It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Farewell Party for All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A Farewell Party for All

This is an idea that came to me after a string of bad circumstances for me.

We are born, and are welcomed with gifts from family and friends

We have (a birthday) (an Anniversary of birth) once a year,

We have a life with which we do as we please. Then are guided along, then again do as we please.
-------------------------------------
At a certain time in age are elderly years: our bodies have begun to betray us, with many being in agony before death and many dying quietly during sleep.
------------------------------------
How about an age that the Anniversary of our birth becomes the date of our death. A party is arranged and those who can will come to say goodbye. OR we follow God’s word and everyone is given three score years and ten. Everyone would know this as well as they would remember his/her own birthday and can plan life accordingly. How perfectly easy to be able to arrange the End: a party as memorable to everyone, as was our birth----depending upon circumstances.
-----------------------------------
I have only (?) more years to live and I want to now how to disperse my money in correlation to what I will need and what my Estate could be worth. I could do this far easier than if I have to live with no idea when death will arrive. I also have health problems but not bad enough (yet) to just conk--(if so it would be tomorrow, and I would have said good-bye to no one!)

Comments?
edit on 27-4-2014 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: canadiansenior70

I saw that in a movie one time. I can't remember which one. I think it was a British film.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think you are saying you want a Death Party to celebrate the inevitable death that will come, and from it you can figure out your will accordingly. Right?

If so, I actually think that sounds like a good idea. Why not, could be an interesting time... a little maudlin perhaps. It is good to get in a final goodbye, just in case.

What kind of decorations would be displayed at this kind of party? Could be very fun to plan, make it worth your while if you do.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
You don't have to be old to drop dead. If I do not awaken, good bye to all. If you guys think I'm going to let you off so easy by dropping dead tonight, you're a little crazy.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I have only (?) more years to live and I want to now how to disperse my money in correlation to what I will need and what my Estate could be worth.

Huh.. ideally you should have have already set that up before the big moment. After all letting the government parasites take your stuff is a bad idea.

Other than that what difference does it make. In a thousand years who will know or care about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that there be a mandatory checkout at a certain age, to be decided upon by society? Or as an alternative, the biblical idea of "three score years and ten", or 70 years, being the time of one's grand finale?
And do you have any pics of suggested party hats?

There's a school of thought that says we're blessed with not knowing when we'll die. No offense meant, but I think I'm more in that camp than I am in yours.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So I woke up this morning and am still alive!
No one to say Happy Birthday
and
No one to say Goodbye!

Ah well, there is still the rest of the day, AND my Will has been done, funeral prepaid, with a long time to wait!

Yes! I guess it was a silly idea!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: brazenalderpadrescorpio

I saw that in a movie one time. I can't remember which one. I think it was a British film.

Logan's Run?

To the OP,

"I plan on leaving this plane the same way I came into it. Kicking and screaming and covered with someone else's blood."
(from anon)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Happy Birthday!

It's always a good day, when you wake up alive in the morning.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

No, it was a much more recent film.

new topics

top topics

join