It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

guy films tornado damage in Arkansas , films lady screaming for her baby and just drives off

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

First of all, it's impossible to know the circumstances of this. None of us were there, and as others have said, perhaps he was continuing because emergency vehicles were right behind him? Maybe he was desperate to get home to his own family? Although, I would be questioning why he has time to film if he's so worried about his own family.

Another thing I want to confront is the man talking over this saying "this is what we're reduced to today". To that, I want to say a big F you! Just because one man carried on, does not mean society has collapsed and we all only think about ourselves! I also want to make it clear that "belief in God" has F ALL to do with this. Where are all the many millions of "Christians" when things like this happen? Belief in God does not automatically make one more kind, or ethical, or moral.

Finally, I would say that I would be one of those who stops. I would have been inclined to pull up somewhere off the road and start checking cars and asking people if they need any help. That's just me, under circumstances that would allow that. But, without being there and in that situation it is impossible to say this is what I would be physically able to do. Most people would stop and help, but without being there and knowing all of the circumstances it's impossible to know whether you or I would actually be able to.

For all we know, he could have just helped three people out of their overturned cars and then told to leave by the responders.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
From what I have gathered, there is no good Samaritan laws on the books, and the person is really not required to get out and give assistance to anyone in a mass natural diseaster like that. Most experts would say that unless you have the proper training and have the necessary skills to do such, getting out of a vehicle in the middle of that is a bad idea, no matter how noble the intention. Right then, there are people who are trying to piece together what all happened, and are now in survival mode, fight or flight.

Lets just say he did stop, where was he going to park? He can not just part on the side of the rode, nor block traffic. The roads have to be cleared to allow for the emergency vehicles to get through and those who are trained to render aid. Plus what guarantee for persons safety is there or legal protection. As sad as it is, the reality is that if someone needs aid, and a good Samaritan stops to help them, and there is further injury to the person hurt, the good Samaritan can end up getting sued for trying to do the right thing.
Such is the laws, and those who implement them.

your wrong about arkansas not having a good-samaritan law, in fact it was pretty crappy until 2008. it has been changed as have most states laws to protect good-samaritans even more. just do a google search it's there.prior to 2007 arkansas's (GSA) did not protect rescuers from civil suits. which at the time was one of only four states that didn't protect good-samaritan from laws suits.

your wrong about rendering aid, in some of these things the man on the street, is the only help that may arrive for hours.

edit on 28-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A diwrought Mother screams for her baby and he speeds off?

Utterly disgusting and totally cold. No excuse. I am heartfully sorry for that woman.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's hard to make a judgment as we were not there. Although I will say IF it is as it SEEMS the person taping the event is a cold hearted sociopath.

I have had to stop & render aid to those in need at a cost to myself & my loved ones. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.

Any of us could come up with a 1000 & 1 excuses not to help in a situation like that. That's easy. The hard part is to help.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And how do we know he didn't pull over and help when he shut off the camera?
Or as another poster said went to find his own family?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i've tried to run down the sources of this video, i found on the youtube link from the op, the guy's that filmed it facebook page, it was deleted on his facebook page, just a couple of pictures. i also found in the comments on you tube, that implies that it was posted on live leak first and that he stayed and helped, and that when you see him driveing off it was to move for EMS. he pulled over and stayed and help for hours. this might explain why on his face book page that it took 10 hours to get home. the live link page appears to be deleted to.

the guy's facebook page,now his post about the ten hours thing is gone.www.facebook.com... ten hour referrence.

comment on youtube link.

Ben H 8 hours ago Okay....everyone head over to live leak and commend this guy for HELPING. Yep, unlike the idiot who uploaded this and all the other illuminati/satan crap in his profile, I actually looked into this video. I found that it was already uploaded to live leak and the guy driving was moving out of the way for emergency vehicles to arrive because only one lane was open. After he cleared the debris area, he parked and helped people and emergency response teams for hours. Shame on you ColCasperUK, for being completely wrong with the intent to create false hatred towards an individual while gaining YouTube views. SMH.

edit on 28-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't understand why no one would stop to at least try to comfort people in these disasters
Even if he was disabled and couldn't get out of his car, a hug from the door or a expressing reassurances would have been helping
There's no way I could have kept on going, no way. I'd have pulled over and tried to help if I could, in any way. Any way at all. There can't possibly be any worse feeling in the world after losing everything than to have someone stroll through like you're an entertainment venue, ignoring everything & everyone. I'm not saying get out & triage the area, but damn, try to calm a panicking person down, hug someone, something. Some people make me sick to my stomach

Edit: To the previous poster who found out the driver did get out & help, I'm glad he did, the alternative is simply cold. Kudos to the guy for having a heart

originally posted by: candlestick
I hate screaming people,they are SUPER annoying ,they don't care my feelings,thus I don't want to help them.

Really, Candlestick? Are you just an unfeeling automaton, or is there a sicker society than the US in this world (yours)? These people are screaming because they're running on fear, adrenaline, and psychological shock -- mostly shock. It's a natural response of the highest order to freak the F out after a disaster, every single event comes with that very human response. If you can't understand this, or even try to, why even bother opening your mouth? Why should anyone care about your feelings anyway? Grow up and be a little sympathetic, try to offer some compassion and attempt to help in any way, even if it's just hugging a bawling individual on the roadside. Little things like that can make a world of difference to someone who's just had their life turned upside down. You, madam, suck for refusing to do something as simple as that because you don't like their psychological shock-induced vocalizations

edit on 4/28/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Disgusted, not only by the waste of life driving and filming this horrific event, but from people defending him. Yes we weren't there and don't know absolutely every detail. Even if we were there we would all take on our own account of the events, two people could tell completely contradicting stories even though they witnessed the same event. This is especially true in an event where chaos and panic ensue.

It is clearly evident that the driver once hearing the cries of a shocked mother, not only continues on but accelerates away. In different events like this it isn't just medics and first responders that are needed. One poster commented about how they might be able to assist drivers out of over turned vehicles, but would be rushed away by first responders. If you have helped one driver guess what, at least you helped, it's as simple as that. Chances are to depending on the severity and size often enough there are not enough first responders. Katrina might be a prime example of the lack of response.

I feel bad for the people defending this guy, you are the true reason societies are collapsing. Common sense is no longer common, you can't think for yourselves but can regurgitate the feeble and moronic words of the ignorant. To state that he can't stop because he is more concerned about his family is dumb, flat out ignorant. He would not film and drive in the manner he is, doesn't take much to figure that out. That also goes to state that your life and your families life are more valuable then anyone else. This again is a big breaking point for society as the self becomes priority. It's the same reason I could not work for Sun Life, basically you put a value on someones life by evaluating their estate. To say that he was moving for first responders, where are the flashing lights, why doesn't he pull off to the side out of the way for them to go by? All I can say is I am truly sorry for that woman and everyone else that has been directly and indirectly affected by the tornadoes. I hope for all of them the best of physical and mental recovery.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IronNuts

Look at houndoghowlie's research into the matter (2posts up).

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I read what he had posted and it is of no relevance, I can say the guy started running people over in his car, there is no proof of either. You can hear a siren in the distance and see one flash which looks more like a camera flash or lightning than emergency lights. He also has multiple spots to let even a fire truck go by if need were, so use some critical thinking next time please. a reply to: whitewave

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm just curious how many people who have strong opinions about this have ever stood in the ruins of what just stopped being a safe familiar community, with no sign of help, order, or safety to be found, just people who have been irreparably injured screaming for people and things that they almost certainly will never see again.

Yes, to help would certainly be the decent thing and I would like to think that's what I'd do, but how would I really know until I'm there with my fears, my priorities, and the wish that I could help all the helpless and fix the unfixable all competing for my decision?

It is not as if he sat and filmed her lamentations without helping with intent of gaining notoriety and looking brave and involved when he is neither. He was just there with a camera for whatever reason- however foolish or counter to what the authorities command it may have been it doesn't actually harm anyone in and of itself- and he happened to see something horrible and flee from it- a perfectly understandable reaction.

If this guy is a monster, what's the verdict on news people, combat photographers, Abraham Zapruder, and every human being within a quater mile radius of that woman at that time?

There's a dangerous psychology at work in America today. Nobody expects anything to be prevented or fixed, but they do expect somebody to be made guilty in place of us all after the fact for the thing we all knew would happen and didn't prepare for blows up in our face.
You realize that somebody made money building houses that wouldn't stand up to a recurring local phenomenon, realtors marketed them, banks signed off on the deal, politicians said it was good enough, the public knew the limits of what their emergency services and decided that the help already available was the amount they were willing to pay...
But this guy, he was there and he didn't trade whatever his priorities were to throw his thimble full of water on a metaphorical forest fire, and that makes him the problem?

Edit to add: what about the woman and her reaction? It's her kid- she is the one with a legal responsibility- but it is BEYOND DISPUTE in my mind that the trauma of what was going on made it unreasonably difficult to expect her to keep her composure and look for her kid in the fastest most efficient manner possible. She stood there screaming, he ran, neither of them sprang into action like a trained rescuer, and I think that's understandable if incredibly sad for both of them.
edit on Mon 28 Apr 2014 by The Vagabond because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

fact is you don't know that he didn't pull over. the video doesn't show that he continued on or not.
the video that is posted is in the op, is one some guy edited from the original and added comments to. even on the one that i found on liveleak shows the same and if you read the 500 comments most say on his face book page, he said hew stopped.

live leak link.
Immediate aftermath of violent tornado in Arkansas Read more at www.liveleak.com...

and to make a claim such as that, and not really have been there which would be easy enough to check, just like spearing people in the neck would be.

so seeing how there is not enough evidence to show one way or the other, those condemning the man with out knowing the full story. well to use your words.

so use some critical thinking next time please

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
look at all these people judging someone without any understanding of the situation or even knowing what went on after the recording. unless you were there you should shut up and keep your ignorance to yourself, so what if you went through a past disaster or you think you're a good person, every situation and every person is different so who are you to judge?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

one hundred percent of the time,
the person who is filming a disaster
while driving a car has a heart.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

I wrote on my FB page that I designed the wheel, does that count as fact now a days?

and to make a claim such as that, and not really have been there which would be easy enough to check, just like spearing people in the neck would be.

Have you ever tried to spear somebody in the neck, I assure you it is not easy.

As Vagabond stated above;

and he happened to see something horrible and flee from it- a perfectly understandable reaction.

It is an understandable reaction, just at the same time a pathetic reaction. I have put my life on the line for the needs of others but do not expect the same in turn. How ever when it does happen it is non the less appreciated.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

some kid rolled his car in front of me.
I stopped, car was upside down,
I tore open the passenger door and
unhooked him from his seatbelt
and helped him crawl out.

then i said i need to get to work, goodbye.

I had no time to film any of this.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Maybe he was driving drunk and didn't want a DUI...or to get busted?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Worry least about judging others and be comforted to know you would have done 'the right thing' in this man's place. The preoccupation with validating ones moral compass against the actions of others is a worrying sociological trend.

Edit: we have all been in highly charged emotional environments where rationale thinking goes out the window. Why did you feel the need to make a thread about your uncorroborated moral judgement of someone? What would you like ATS to do about this man?
edit on 29-4-2014 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Or moral master ?(I thought the human morality is a conspiracy ,but that's another topic...)

The video already been removed anyway ,but I remember that she just screaming in the video ,nothing proofed she had a baby.Many people just like screaming like an attention whore (but not in dangerous situations),like my mom love to screaming for her cell phone doesn't work(actually is she don't know how to use),they just want to seeking attention and help by use a bother others way,I would like ignore them ,they have no rights to bother people.

Even if the woman in the video was in a really dangerous situation,and I want to help someone in that dangerous situation,I won't choose to help those screaming people ,their survival rate are too low ,compare with those calm people in dangerous situation.(And they are quite annoying also...)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: candlestick

FFS!
If I knew you IRL I would follow you around all day, just screaming for lulz.

Anyways...more seriously and more pertinently...

Please, does anyone know what happened to the baby? Was it found? God, I hope so.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join