It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Example of Police Out of Control - This Time in Knoxville, TN - Picture Included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is disgusting. The act itself, as well as knowing that it happens a whole lot more than we ever hear about. It takes being caught red-handed for any type of real justice to be carried out against the 'Bullies in Blue'. That's just what happened in this instance. The officer was choking a 23 year-old Univ. Tenn. College student when some took a picture of him in the act.

Photo by John Messner, John Messner/QuikPixOnline.com 2014

Former Knox County Sherriff Officer Frank Phillips, 47:

Confronted with the evidence of the cop's action, the KCSO fired the officer.

The story can be read in full at the link below:

Cop Chokes College Student in Knoxville Tennessee

The Knox County Sheriff’s Office has fired a deputy who was photographed allegedly choking a University of Tennessee student in Fort Sanders on Saturday night.

A copy of a termination notice on KCSO’s website said Frank Phillips, 47, has been found “unsuitable for continued employment with the Sheriff’s Office.”

“After an investigation by the Office of Professional Standards, I believe excessive force was used in this incident,” Sheriff Jimmy “J.J.” Jones said in a statement. “Therefore, Officer Phillips’ employment with the Knox County Sheriff’s Office is terminated immediately. The investigation will now be turned over to the Knox County Attorney General’s Office to determine any further action.”

edit on 27-4-2014 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

TO BE HONEST that pic doesn't look to incriminating.

IT looks like two cops unflustered handcuffing a guy and another officer trying to either put back on or take of this gentleman's possible chain or necklace. All the officers looked relaxed and non threatening to me....the guy looks like he is complying!! h

None look like theye are showing a display of anger or malice. It shows you how a pic can be interpreted in different ways.

edit on 27-4-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

The guy has two hands wrapped around the hand-cuffed man's neck, grimacing as he squeezes... he's just helping him put on a necklace? c'mon now

The guy getting choked looks real comfortable too, huh?
edit on 27-4-2014 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You should see the other pictures, the joke pig knocks the boy unconscious by doing what he did

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

You should see the other pictures, the joke pig knocks the boy unconscious by doing what he did

I just saw the other thread on this topic and it has a full range of pics. Those pics look more incriminating. I was going on the pic displayed on this thread!!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Touchè

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's apparently part of an ongoing investigation into claims of wide spread use of excessive force by the KCSO patrolman. Just saw them mention in, as the local news is about to air here.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'll go see the other pics- but he's not choking him in this picture. Neither his hands, nor his forearms are showing tension. If you zoom the picture in, you can see the cop is gripping something in the tips of his fingers. His face is slack with annoyed concentration, not tense with killing rage.

I'm the LAST person to defend a cop- but this picture isn't incriminating.

I've seen the other pictures now, and I still don't think the kid is being choked. The kids face shows no signs of stress. He's not bright-red, gasping for air. He's not grimacing in pain. He's staring straight forward with a relaxed, albeit resigned expression.

Don't know wtf is happening in the pictures. Certainly the cop shouldn't be touching him in such an intimate manner.
edit on 210000002409pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hushabye

please do look at the other pix

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

I have, and I edited my post to reflect that.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Clearly a cop with issues.

What the hell are they putting in dough-nuts?

My next thread, " The Great Dough=nut Conspiracy".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ya gotta look at the other pictures as well. I'm glad there was no leave of absence with this jerk. Likely not the first time this guy has been reported on but now there is more evidence.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
www.local8now.com...

Officer Frank Phillips has been fired.
No word yet on any criminal charges being filed against him.

There is also no word regarding the fate of the two complicit officers who were holding Jarod Dotson.

ALL involved in ANY capacity should be charged, imo.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26
If the other officers were straight up, cooperated in the investigation AND were not guilty of using unnecessary force, then I am ok with them remaining on the force.
Good on the city for acting appropriately in this case and NOT giving this pig paid leave for breaking the law.

new topics

top topics

join