It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Discredit Christ as a Myth and to change Christianity into "do what thou wilt"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pleasethink

Even the term "Abrahamic" is a tag aimed at diminishing Hebrew and christian religions.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: uwascallywabbit
why do people come to ATS to preach thier religious views? i feel that it is a waste of time for those who use this site for its stated purpose...

DENY IGNORANCE

I enjoy thinking outside the box, and i come to sites like this to browse information that like minded people find stimulating. As we compare experiences and data, the EMPIRICAL MARCH OF PROGRESS moves forward.

or we could waste each others time by taking MYTHOLOGY to be SERIOUS.

please go preach elsewhere

What in the world are you talking about? This is not a place of like minded people nor is it intended to be. We debate the baby and the bathwater. When you say "thinking outside the box" your really mean starting on a new slate with certain information discarded from the discussion. Frightening really.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You can't argue with belief, people will believe whatever they choose even in the face of the most blatant evidence.

Oh wait, there is absolutely no, nil, zero, zilch evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed as Demiurge type figure as stated in Christian Mythology. Oh well, guess you just have to rely on belief again, ho-hum

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: VelvetSplash
Oh wait, there is absolutely no, nil, zero, zilch evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed as Demiurge type figure as stated in Christian Mythology.

Wrong

There are many!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusChristwins

Oh wait, there is absolutely no, nil, zero, zilch evidence that Jesus Christ ever existed as Demiurge type figure as stated in Christian Mythology.

Wrong

There are many!

Really?

Care to provide some of evidence?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Wrong

There are many!

Stunning counter-argument.

Care to provide the "many" sources of evidence you claim there to be? And by that I mean evidence that directly proves what I stated above, not just some tatters and scraps with the words 'IEUSUS' or 'Cristos' on them from half a century or more after the supposed events took place.

Look forward to seeing it

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: VelvetSplash

Even if Jesus did not exist, that doesn't disprove the truth of the teachings.

Those who live by the sword die by the sword. We see it everyday with gang violence and wars.

Loving thy neighbors and treating others as you would like to be treated really does bring harmony and peace to the world.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: VelvetSplash

Even if Jesus did not exist, that doesn't disprove the truth of the teachings.

Those who live by the sword die by the sword. We see it everyday with gang violence and wars.

Loving thy neighbors and treating others as you would like to be treated really does bring harmony and peace to the world.

I'de be worried if you use Bible as source of your moral and value standard. I believe we're past that today...

If a child speaks against his or her parents, stone him or her to death (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

“If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl’s father fifty sheckels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her.” (Deteronomy 22:28)

They devoted the city to the LORD and destroyed with the sword every living thing in it-men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys. (Joshua 6:21)

“You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.” (Exodus 20:5-6)

Just to show few...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
And remember,,
"He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done."

or do as tho wilt,,,
its what people want, right?

too be gods, each and every one, a god untoo themselves's.

well It's tough being God,

Ask George Burns.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

ya reminds me of,
"THE TITANS OF CRETE & THE GOLDEN AGE. Diodorus Siculus"

but hey been done,
sighhh

Im so bored.

lol
Immortal sucks.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Sure.

How about the New Testament? Did you ever read it? Of course not. Only know how to disrespect Christianism and God.

How about the millions of Holy Martyrs, of Saints and people who believe in Christianism for more than 2000 years?

How about going into any Orthodox church and ask them to show you the libraries of books written from the Saints through the centuries, written from people who made miracles which were written and remembered for centuries, written by people who wanted to show how Jesus was?

How about, if you live in England, visit the great Orthodox monastery in Essex and ask them to provide you with proofs about Jesus exsistance for the rest of your life from books either of believers or not? Or any Orthodox monastery in the US, if you live in the US ( i would suggest the 2 Greek monasteries in Texas )?

How about all the muslims through the centuries who became Christians because, as they all say, they saw Jesus?

Here, take a video

How about visiting Mount Athos where you will find tons of books from the Roman times which all mention a person who was doing miracles and lived the life Jesus lived and at the same period of time?

How about checking the example of Saint Konstantine who became the first emperor of the Byzantine Empire and won the battle against Likinius in which battle he carried the Cross of Jesus after a dream he saw in which Jesus told him "in this you win" or "Εν τούτω νίκα"? A pagan turned into a Christian in 1 night?

How about searching the books which have been written about the Roman resources which described in the official Roman Empire's reports a person just like Jesus?

How about the experiences millions had, experiences of them seeing Jesus or the Mother of Lord or any Saint telling them something that helped them later in their lives, or how they helped them in an important surgery?

How about checking all the prophecies written by Saints of the Orthodox church, which prophecies have already come true?

How about checking the Holy paintings Evangelist and Apostle Luke painted with the Mother of Lord? He was next to her when he was painting them!

What else do you need? Christianism, and more specifically Orthodoxy, is the only religion that has never hidden anything and will never hide anything. Cause as Jesus said at John's 8:32 :

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

Do you need more assistance from me? Or you wait chewed food in your mouth?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The teachings of Christ (which he gave on The Sermon on The Mount) is my source of morality. Not only are they practical, but they bring spiritual fulfillment.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusChristwins

I am completely blown away by your video!!! As, one whom believes strongly in Christ Jesus, i have never ever heard a more powerful, inspiring testimony, not just on ATS but anywhere on the net!! Thank you for sharing this, my mood has been extremely elevated!! WOW!! such an amazing beautiful description!!

In Christ,
Pax

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
nice, OP!

I would say "conspiracies" because it seems like all of the conspiracies of Babylon are designed to disempower us and steer people away from loving God and knowing Christ…

the goal is to destroy souls…

---------------------

Lee Strobel - The Case for the Resurrection
www.youtube.com...
The Bible Is True! ~ The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict
www.youtube.com...
Walter Veith (13) Battle of the Bibles /Total Onslaught
www.youtube.com...
youtube: The Resurrection Argument That Changed a Generation of Scholars - Gary Habermas at UCSB youtu.be...
The Forbidden Book - History of The English Bible (Documentary Film)
www.youtube.com...
A Lamp In The Dark:untold history of Bible ~ Full Film
www.youtube.com...

Caesar's Messiah Debunked - Joseph Atwill's Covert Messiah Refuted
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JesusChristwins

really nice, brother! Amen amen!

let's not forget the ufo/abductees documented--hundreds of whom have called on Christ to end the harassment…

yt:Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled - Joseph Jordan and Guy Malone
www.youtube.com...

plus exorcisms… plus former occultists who only get out by turning to Christ.

Jesus Christ is the TRUTH.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

How about going into any Orthodox church and ask them to show you the libraries of books written from the Saints through the centuries, written from people who made miracles which were written and remembered for centuries, written by people who wanted to show how Jesus was?

There's no factual evidence of miracles, only hearsay.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerbyGawker

In a court of law these first hand testimonies would hold up as evidence and not hearsay.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: DerbyGawker

In a court of law these first hand testimonies would hold up as evidence and not hearsay.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or serious, I hope it isn't the latter.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DerbyGawker

My meaning was that technically first hand accounts are not considered hearsay even if they don't weigh in on the final outcome of a case.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join