It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Discredit Christ as a Myth and to change Christianity into "do what thou wilt"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
There definitely is a war on Jesus Christ(even though I don't really believe in religion). Just watch Sara Silvermans head spin, like in the Exorcist, when she goes on a tirade against Christ. She is a daughter of Satan. There's a lot of Christ-haters in Hollyweird.

Oh, and circumcision is a barbaric, perverted practice. I don't believe the BS about people who weren't circumcised are more susceptible to disease. That's why you take a shower or wear condoms. No one in my entire family believe in circumcision. I enjoyed explaining it to doctors when they ask why not.

You see, represented with proof that circumcision helps to lower danger of STD, you still opt for 'belief' rather than pure logic.

You (or in this case your family) not believing in it does not make it any more or less true and/or scientifically proven.

ps. What do you have against little Sarah? Is Jim Jefferies also Satanist? (Video clip is rater "R"
)

pps. That is called luck - being born in the right country believing in right God... what were the odds of you being born in middle east and believing in Allah or in India and believing in Krishna... or in ancient Greece and believing in Zeus and rest of not so cool anymore gods...
You lucky...
edit on 30-4-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

You see, represented with proof that circumcision helps to lower danger of STD, you still opt for 'belief' rather than pure logic.
Following that logic, should we all have our lungs, skin, breasts, prostrates, removed, to lower the chances of us catching cancer???????

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Following that logic, should we all have our lungs, skin, breasts, prostrates, removed, to lower the chances of us catching cancer???????

Wait, tell me you arent comparing a useless piece of skin to vital organs....

holy crap people.....

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Wait, tell me you arent comparing a useless piece of skin to vital organs....

holy crap people.....

I wonder how many of these people crying about how barbaric and painful circumcision is, have baby girls ears pierced?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

As a circumsized guy. I don't think there's a BIG push to end circumsistion. I've heard Michael savage rant about it but few others. Strangely everyone preaching the horror of having your pencil sharpened. Seems not to have been.

As an athiest I care nothing for
The religious part of it. But have had no ill effects from it either.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

same here, was done as a baby. So i don't remeber it. That's funny people are going off about circumsition.
Also i don't come from a Jewish background, But a Christian one so i guess that's the reason

edit on 30-4-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Circumcision reduces tactile pleasure. That's the conspiracy, to make sex less pleasing for men.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

How did this get so many stars and flags?

I expected at least SOME conspiracy talk in this but you do nothing but quote scripture, how is this NOT moved to BTS?

So your excuse that Jesus isn't myth is that he's unique because he forgives people and teaches us good lessons? What does any of that have to do with whether or not he was a real person? I could make up a character who was the wisest, nicest, most moral character ever presented but the nature of that character has nothing to do with whether they are fictional or not.

Christianity falls apart under its own weight anyway, sure it makes a nice story, but when you think about it it collapses.

First of all if the story is taken at face value and Jesus was actually God incarnated in human form than his sacrifice was NOT A SACRIFICE. He returned in the same body 3 days later and even took that body off to Heaven with him. Of course if Jesus was just a man it becomes meaningful, but if he is divine than it wasn't a sacrifice because NOTHING was given up. Jesus went from impoverished carpenter to the immortal all-powerful master of time and space seated at the right hand of God, that's not a sacrifice and to suggest that it is is ridiculous.

Second of all Jesus never actually saves anyone from anything they claim he does, and here's why:

Death: Christians still die, so Jesus never saved anyone from death

Sin: Christians can still sin and backslide and the world is still damned by default

Hell: Hell is a monstrous and evil place of endless vengeful torture and agony supposedly created by a perfectly just God, and even those who accept Christ's "salvation" can backslide and end up in Hell. Many will testify "Lord Lord, did we not prophesy in thy name..." and still go to Hell. And of course its God and Jesus who put you in danger of Hell and demand your fealty and faith under penalty of Hell, that's not salvation its a hostage situation.

Satan: Jesus tells us to fear God and to rebuke and cast out Satan with his authority, so Satan is not anything to fear.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Titen-Sxull
I vote for a one world religion. I vote that all religions on earth be eraticated. And that we come together as one to form a one world religion that promotes us as human beings to make mistakes and learn from them. To appreciate life and except people for who they are. To have all scripture accessible 24 hours a day to every single person on the planet. And a belief in a supreme being who does not judge. And last of all a religion not based on worshipping or based on celestial formation of stars and planets through out the year.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

You probably wouldn't have remembered if you were punched repeatedly in the face as a baby either, yet we don't hear people in favor of punching babies in the face generally. Yet here we have something intimate, physically damaging and done for a solely ritualistic religious reason that is still somehow defended by people.

I find it funny that more people DON'T go off about the mass involuntary ritual genital mutilation of small children.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: WarminIndy

Of course it's terrible, but what Allah orders doesn't negate the fact that your god ordered something just as cruel and inhumane.

You think that's bad.....we are all under a death sentence.

Anyway, the reason for circumcision was so when Jesus told some to circumcise their hearts they would have some understanding of the spiritual significance. God may have been going Freudian here, so to speak, or Freud may have slightly taped into the same vain as it were. So God asked men to cut off the covering of that thing so near and dear to their hearts.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
why do people come to ATS to preach thier religious views? i feel that it is a waste of time for those who use this site for its stated purpose...

DENY IGNORANCE

I enjoy thinking outside the box, and i come to sites like this to browse information that like minded people find stimulating. As we compare experiences and data, the EMPIRICAL MARCH OF PROGRESS moves forward.

or we could waste each others time by taking MYTHOLOGY to be SERIOUS.

please go preach elsewhere

edit to include UTAH PHILLIPS thoughts about pie..

[

video

edit on 30-4-2014 by uwascallywabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

You probably wouldn't have remembered if you were punched repeatedly in the face as a baby either, yet we don't hear people in favor of punching babies in the face generally. Yet here we have something intimate, physically damaging and done for a solely ritualistic religious reason that is still somehow defended by people.

I find it funny that more people DON'T go off about the mass involuntary ritual genital mutilation of small children.

As a parent, you get to choice if your child has it or not.

No one asks a doctor to punch a baby. That is just rediculous.

I think you are just over reacting and and being mildly insecure over the issue.

It is however a problem in places like Africa where it's done in varying ages, child to adulthood. Girls and womans also have a verison of this *ritual* which inhibits them from pleasure.

It's a good thing tho that in western and christian society, we don't do the later.
Parents have an awful lot of rules to set for a child. From your birth they determin your name, Your place of birth. Where you live, and how you view life.

If a parent choses this for a child, It is their choice.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

You probably wouldn't have remembered if you were punched repeatedly in the face as a baby either, yet we don't hear people in favor of punching babies in the face generally. Yet here we have something intimate, physically damaging and done for a solely ritualistic religious reason that is still somehow defended by people. I find it funny that more people DON'T go off about the mass involuntary ritual genital mutilation of small children.

As a parent, you get to choice if your child has it or not.

www.nhs.uk... I didn't even know about everything in this index thanks for sharing.

No one asks a doctor to punch a baby. That is just rediculous.

I think you are just over reacting and and being mildly insecure over the issue.

It is however a problem in places like Africa where it's done in varying ages, child to adulthood. Girls and womans also have a verison of this *ritual* which inhibits them from pleasure.

It's a good thing tho that in western and christian society, we don't do the later.
Parents have an awful lot of rules to set for a child. From your birth they determin your name, Your place of birth. Where you live, and how you view life.

If a parent choses this for a child, It is their choice.

Also, how degrading that this thread has resulted in debating genital surgery.
Why does society demand a prostate exam? I find that as equally disturbing as the snipping the turtle neck. Because there is medical reason behind it obviously that can save your life.

All without religious context

When circumcision may be necessary This section describes only the medical reasons when circumcision may be necessary. It is outside the scope of this article to discuss religious or cultural reasons for circumcision.

edit on 30-4-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: uwascallywabbit

or we could waste each others time by taking MYTHOLOGY to be SERIOUS.

I understand what you are trying to say in your post, but have to strongly disagree with the thrust of the quoted bit.

Mythology is serious. Whether the mythology is Christian, Gnostic, Buddhist, Animist, Zoroastrian, Comanche, Inuit, whatever, etc, etc, etc; it is as serious as life itself. The ability to create mythology is what makes us different from our pre-human ancestors and in a circular self-referential manner is, in many ways, the story of the transition 'we' made from pre-human to human.

Even Neanderthals had a mythology, you can see it in the reverence they showed to their dead.

Here is a very short introduction to the importance of myth : Joseph Campbell: The 4 functions of myth (extract)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
campbell's cool, frazer's cool, manly p hall is the man,

mythology is great until someone tries to make me BELIEVE it, or takes issue with a humanist/relativist stance on it.

the OP is actually suggesting that criticism of the flaws in christianity is a "conspiracy" to smudge up the truth..

we cant let statements like that pass us casually without at least an AHEM.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

As someone who has read Manly P Hall, you might want to touch up on you Adam Weishaupt, or your Albert Pike, as clearly a conspiracy to eradicate religious beliefs is not so strange at all. In fact, it was thought up by many people, long before you were a glimmer in your daddies eye. It's not a conspiracy when it occurs in plain sight. It is a component of one world governance. One must destroy archeological knowledge. One must destroy religious beliefs. Then, finally one must destroy the governments and civilizations that exist. The remnants are easily lead to follow the perceived one who saved them from this chaos. Then you can institute actual worldwide dominance which will be accepted by all. Ever hear the bit about the Catholics attempting to take over the world? Ever wonder why Muslims are terrorists, and not worthy of life? And Jews have been getting extinguished multiple times, all over the world. Why does everybody hate these Abrahamic religions so much? Kind of seems like a trend, huh? Maybe the Bible was telling the truth? Couldn't be that. Like I have stated, it's not a conspiracy when it happens in plain sight.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Excellent Post!! I Love John Piper, he is my favorite..Tim Keller is right up there too! Keep up the good word!
We all need to not only hear this but understand what Piper is really saying...

Thanks again,
Pax

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

mythology is great until someone tries to make me BELIEVE it

Mythology is not something to 'believe'. It is something to 'understand'.

The truth of a mythology lies in understanding the mythology. To believe a mythology (or worse to believe IN a mythology), is to not understand it. Belief completely misses the point.

Understanding can then be used as a guide when confronted with new experiences. Belief shuts one off from new experiences and limits our response when they are forced upon us.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The date of supposed Jesus birth was taken as a reference point of our history, because the PTB are using this "event", to deflect our attention from the date of THE CREATION OF MANKIND!
That is to me all the proof that I need, that Jesus never existed.
edit on 1-5-2014 by john666 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join