It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy To Discredit Christ as a Myth and to change Christianity into "do what thou wilt"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: BombDefined
I was trying to see how Christians justified military service (i.e. ANZAC day) with the commandment 'Thou Shalt not Kill'.

I'm a Christian. I was in the US Army for five years. There is no contradiction. No where did Jesus say that you can't protect yourself or engage in self defense. If there had been a war and we had been invaded, I would have had no problem blasting the hell out of the invaders and then going and praying my rosary at the end of the day.

What part of "thou shalt not kill" don't you understand? Up until the time of Constantine killing was not forgiven for any reason.

When you joined the military you put yourself into the position to kill people. If you were to invade another nation like we have done a lot of lately do you really think you would be forgiven if you were to kill someone? After all you are the aggressor and not really defending yourself. It's easy to say had we been invaded but when was the last time America was invaded?

inane to the max.

does that include bugs?
do you volunteer to be a victim?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Are you still rumbling around the image of Christ? C'mon science long time ago found that Lemmy is God. (this was only claimed as hoax by the church of Chuck Norris)

"Go get everything you need until you are dead and cold"

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Im Not anything... Neither gnostic or Christian, I need no label for my beliefs...

Yet im much more then just a "believer"... I know God exists...

He was correct on the fact that "the son" at one point in time had a beginning...

The son came from the Father... OR he would not have been "the son" just as the Father could not be a Father without a time in the past that he was not...

This is reiterated throughout the NT... Christian beliefs on the trinity is a purely fabricated doctrine so to speak, it has no basis in the bible...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Funny how y'all all inherently know the " truth" of the bible... Yet you all think different things....

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

There is a difference between reading and understanding what HE said... and following the words of a preacher

This Trinity is not biblical... as I've been saying for a few pages now...

Arius was only going by what was written about Jesus, the words that he apparently spoke... said trinity does not follow what he said... period

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
T.P.T.B. will always try to discredit Christianity No Matter what and the Question is WHY ?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jaytay

What happens to lost sheep? They get devoured by wolves. Many kinds of wolves around us and one of them is the "camouflaged" wolf. "Wolf in sheep's clothing" they say.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join