It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police office photographed choking student unconscious

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
He was just fired...

The Knox County Sheriff’s Office has fired a deputy who was photographed allegedly choking a University of Tennessee student in Fort Sanders on Saturday night.

A copy of a termination notice on KCSO’s website said Frank Phillips, 47, has been found “unsuitable for continued employment with the Sheriff’s Office.”

Link

ETA: article says he had previously been a sergeant but was a deputy at the time of the incident. Is that a promotion or demotion?
edit on 27-4-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Being fired isn't enough.

1. Fired.
2. Arrested or info turned over to the County DA for additional investigation/charges.
3. The two deputys who were handcuffing the kid. They were responsible for the person's safety. They need to be charged as well, at least to make sure they testify against the main one.
4. They should be fired, as well- IF they didn't report what happened to their supervisor the second they had a chance to.
5. A complete view of "Chokers" activities while making arrest as I am sure this isn't his first attack on a handcuffed person.
6. Watch him get convicted and senteced to prison where he now has a very good chance of him getting the same thing done to him that he did to get himself there.
7. Make a big check out to the college kid.
8. Kudos to the new paper camera man!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

I agree 100% with what you say. If that had been my son, I wouldn't stop until all three officers are fired.

That policeman is just one big bully; he's done this to a young drunk university student, he would have never dared to do the same to a real criminal!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
Being fired isn't enough.

3. The two deputys who were handcuffing the kid. They were responsible for the person's safety. They need to be charged as well, at least to make sure they testify against the main one.
4. They should be fired, as well- IF they didn't report what happened to their supervisor the second they had a chance to.

right, but those other two exemplify the 'good cops'.

they should also be fired and charged, and have them all blackballed. Then have them all turned over to the local Outlaws M/C for use as punching bags

top topics

<< 1   >>

join