Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

GOP Leader says >> Obamacare Likely Here to Stay !!

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

WHAT?

Now a "spokesperson" for the GOP (Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers) is saying Obama.Care will stay !!

Before we get all ruffled up, we need to look at what She said about alternatives.

The suggestions are about reforms, not full repeal.

Perhaps that's just what will happen in the coming years as the boondoggled parts of the ACA get more and more infringing and UN-manageable and UN-imaginable.

The ACA itself delegates most of the *power to regulate* to the Administration (Cabinet levels like IRS, HHS, etc.).

New Administrations can easily change the context and hopefully will make this debacle a little more user friendly.

Of course a full repeal and start over scenario is possible.

House Republican Conference Chair Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers said on Thursday that Obamacare is unlikely to be repealed and therefore, "We need to look at reforming the exchanges."

McMorris Rodgers's controversial remarks were made during an interview with The Spokesman-Review. Conservatives have interpreted her remarks as akin to surrender on repealing President Barack Obama's unpopular health care program.

In her remarks, McMorris Rodgers made clear she opposes Obamacare and has voted several times to repeal portions of the law.

GOP Leader: Obamacare Likely Here to Stay

Are we in an election year or something?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Told ya

Your two party system is broken.

What ever self serving scum you vote in will just continue with the same crap as the last lot did.

Unless the Democrats and Republicans are politically destroyed from mainstream politics you country will spiral down hill.[
edit on 27-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

She is from Cali right???

Seems to me one of the few states that is happy with the ACA.....

Election coming up................think about it!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Of course it's here to stay.
What better campaign platform for the next decade could there possibly be than fixing the 'ACA'?

The minute I saw how messed up it was, I knew exactly what the ulterior motives were. Nobody could write a computer system as flawed as that one accidentally. A lot of effort went into making such a mess of things.

(She also thinks GMO's are a wonderful thing, and that the public has NO right to know if they are eating them. Anti-freedom-of-choice. Go Cathy!
)
edit on 7u44America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That could be true.

A 3rd - 4th - 5th party might have the golden ratio.

I wonder what that would be?

But the Democrats that passed the PPACA sure did set up a "Wall of China" with this mess eh.

Now it's gone from ...

"WE have to pass it so we can we what's in it" ...

to ...

"WE have to try it to see what's wrong with it".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't think the Republicans were ever really serious about repealing the ACA. The legislation is a huge giveaway to the corporate insurance companies and the Right is all for propping-up big business.

All of the talking points and discussions about a repeal was just lip service to the base.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
All these politicians are the same, say what they need to get the power and lie the rest of the time to keep it.

This is how a RINO in a liberal state survives.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I don't think the Republicans were ever really serious about repealing the ACA. The legislation is a huge giveaway to the corporate insurance companies and the Right is all for propping-up big business.

All of the talking points and discussions about a repeal was just lip service to the base.

YOU GET IT!!!!

But for them to retain their power, they have to make us hate each other instead of hating them!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My good friend, S & F.
Like it's been stated by our mutual friend seeker1963, she's from California, So,,,,, with that being said. She is running for reelection in a heavily Democratic State and they like their Entitlements I hear in California.
She wants to be reelected to keep a Republican in Congress and not lose the seat to a Democrat I think.

With the news this week that more than 600,000 Washington residents have acquired new health care plans through the state exchange, U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers said it’s unlikely the Affordable Care Act will be repealed.

“We need to look at reforming the exchanges,” the Eastern Washington Republican said Thursday.

The five-term congresswoman and chair of the House Republican Conference kicked off her re-election campaign this week with visits to Walla Walla, Colville and Spokane. She faces Democratic challenger Joe Pakootas.

The PJ Tatler
She running a tight race I would imagine.
edit on 27-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yeah. She is my representative. She is in trouble, so this is a political move. It is like Eastern Washington does not exist for her. Even the wheat farmers are getting pretty disgusted with her.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Yeah. She is my representative. She is in trouble, so this is a political move. It is like Eastern Washington does not exist for her. Even the wheat farmers are getting pretty disgusted with her.

Who are the candidates running against her ?

Are any of them a particular threat ?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MOMof3

Who are the candidates running against her ?

Are any of them a particular threat ?

She's a Republican running in California!

What more of a threat does she need?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Of course it's here to stay.
What better campaign platform for the next decade could there possibly be than fixing the 'ACA'?

The minute I saw how messed up it was, I knew exactly what the ulterior motives were. Nobody could write a computer system as flawed as that one accidentally. A lot of effort went into making such a mess of things.

(She also thinks GMO's are a wonderful thing, and that the public has NO right to know if they are eating them. Anti-freedom-of-choice. Go Cathy!
)

Of course, I've been saying this for a while now. The establishment 'Pubs think they have it figured out. Replace their annoying base with a bunch of amnestied Hispanics who can be bought off with Obamacare fixes in perpetuity. Meanwhile, they can stay in bed with their preferred crony interests and keep getting rich off big government and big lobbying efforts.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Before we get all ruffled up, we need to look at what She said about alternatives.

Oh come on xuenchen....*sigh*

Really, you shouldn't have a title like that and then say 'Oh BTW, there may be alternatives'...
You're gonna scare people!!!

Seriously, I don't know how they can fix what is already boondoggled parts of the ACA that gets more and more infringing and UN-manageable and UN-imaginable

I like your lingo....

I think the only reason why they throw the word 'appeal' around about Obamacare is just to pacify the public
For the people that are discouraged and outraged over it
Just a teaser of a bone to give false hope....they are really good at that

edit on 27-4-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I believe the field is just getting started. Yesterday, a gentleman, by the name of Dave Wilson (I), came down my street.

He asked if he could have a yard sale in my yard, because he has pledged to accept contributions from individuals and no more than $500. I will think about it.
Also, in his pamphlet he pledges "to not accept a pension from the government for serving in Congress."
"to not to work as a lobbyist or special interest group."

His Facebook is /DAVEWILSONFORCONGRESS
Still checking him out.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

YOU GET IT!!!!

But for them to retain their power, they have to make us hate each other instead of hating them!

I think we do a pretty good job of hating each other all on our own, without outside interference.

Ideology is strange that way!! Thanks Rush....good job!!

They will retain their power because they control the money. They don't care if we hate them.
edit on 27-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: seeker1963

YOU GET IT!!!!

I think we do a pretty good job of hating each other all on our own, without outside interference.

Ideology is strange that way!! Thanks Rush....good job!!

They will retain their power because they control the money. They don't care if we hate them.

I want to agree with you but I can't!

They DO CARE!!!

Racism, Sexism, Financial equality????????

These are things they use against us......

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: crazyewok

That could be true.

A 3rd - 4th - 5th party might have the golden ratio.

I wonder what that would be?

But the Democrats that passed the PPACA sure did set up a "Wall of China" with this mess eh.

Now it's gone from ...

"WE have to pass it so we can we what's in it" ...

to ...

"WE have to try it to see what's wrong with it".

And with all due respect, X a logical extension:
"We should euthaize it so we can autopsy it.. and not
repeat that frankenslab of dangerous paper."

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

Gotta luv it !!

Somebody should forward that to HHS for consideration.

They can enter the regulation into the Federal Register.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well that certainly is the "well duh"article of the day! The ACA is not going away folks. Hopefully it will get revised numerous times, and aim more towards the death of the for profit health insurance industry.

top topics

join