It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota: Drone Capitol of the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

You don't really think we're going to have thousands of Predators blowing people up around the US do you.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You don't really think we're going to have thousands of Predators blowing people up around the US do you.

Why not?

We have em doing it in other countries.

Our military is training to take down American citizens.......

With the debt and everything else going on Zaphod, I just don't see how you can see rainbows and unicorns and trust a government that most of us realize is out of control and desperate as hell to maintain their power!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No?

But I do think you are taking a back seat to this issue. The bigger picture is, more resistance will equal more force. Do you believe in civil unrest? Do you believe in peaceful protesting met with force? Do you believe in Marshal Law, when the slaves finally realize they've been tricked this whole time?

Not to mention, they have been killing American citizens in other countries. They are debating the CIA or Military use of force on American soil...as long as they justify everything they do, it will be lawful.

In 2010, a federal judge in Washington noted the government would need permission from a federal court to wiretap al-Awlaki, but that no such court process existed in order to kill him.

Rejecting an effort by al-Awlaki's father to block his son's possible extrajudicial killing, U.S. District Judge John Bates called it "somewhat unsettling" that a president could -- for national security reasons -- make a unilateral decision to kill a U.S. citizen overseas and the decision would be "judicially unreviewable."

edit on 27-4-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Where did I say its all rainbows and unicorns or that I trust the government?

But going straight to "they're going to fly thousands of Predators and blow us up for no reason" is to shut off the logic portion of your brain.

But hey, what do I know, logic, and reason aren't cool anymore, so I guess I'll have to start screaming "We'ze all gonnaz diez!"

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Where did I say its all rainbows and unicorns or that I trust the government?

But going straight to "they're going to fly thousands of Predators and blow us up for no reason" is to shut off the logic portion of your brain.

But hey, what do I know, logic, and reason aren't cool anymore, so I guess I'll have to start screaming "We'ze all gonnaz diez!"

lol,

That isn't what I was trying to imply and I think you know that.

Nothing wrong with being "Vigilant" is there?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Not at all, but going from "they're teaching university students to fly UAVs" to "they're going to fly thousands of Predators and blow us up" is almost as bad as "the government is here to help us".

Being vigilant is one thing, but it can be done without going to one extreme or the other.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not at all, but going from "they're teaching university students to fly UAVs" to "they're going to fly thousands of Predators and blow us up" is almost as bad as "the government is here to help us".

Being vigilant is one thing, but it can be done without going to one extreme or the other.

Okay, now I can see where your coming from.

I really don't think I have went to extremes in this thread. I was just voicing some concerns with where I see the "program" is going.

That's all.

We all have our extremes and we all have a different definition of being "vigilant" and we also ALL have a different mental capacity and level of intelligence.

That's all I'm sayin!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No, and part of it is seeing so many threads go straight to "we'z gunna diez", that I've come to expect that, and tend to see a little more extreme than people may intend.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No, and part of it is seeing so many threads go straight to "we'z gunna diez", that I've come to expect that, and tend to see a little more extreme than people may intend.

Well isn't their some truth to that?

After all we ARE all gonna die.

Just some clarification for you from where I am coming from with my concerns over this topic.

Free Speech Zones!

Constitutional Free Zones!

Police arresting people for filming them with cell phones even though the courts have ruled it isn't illegal to do so!

Police do "no knock raids" killing dogs and beating the snot out of people to only find out they had the wrong house!

What are we supposed to do?

Think things will just miraculously work themselves out and we will be free again?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

As I said earlier, I understand where you are coming from and where your concerns cone from.

And to some extent I agree with them, I'm just tired of the fear mongering, and seeing people turn their brains off in favor of screaming about this.

I think giving police even the small UAVs they're getting is a bad idea, with some exceptions. They're perfect for things like search and rescue, where people would be put in more danger. But in other cases, they're a disaster waiting to happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

As I said earlier, I understand where you are coming from and where your concerns cone from.

And to some extent I agree with them, I'm just tired of the fear mongering, and seeing people turn their brains off in favor of screaming about this.

I think giving police even the small UAVs they're getting is a bad idea, with some exceptions. They're perfect for things like search and rescue, where people would be put in more danger. But in other cases, they're a disaster waiting to happen.

We are cool man!

I didn't know if you were coming at me or not considering I was the only one seeming to disagree with you and actually come at you as an opposing viewpoint!

I was just trying to explain my position and why I felt that way, if in fact you were addressing me specifically!

No worries!

As a matter of fact, I am done, considering it is just you and I debating over things I already thing we pretty much agree with!
edit on 27-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It was actually nice to have a civil discussion for a change honestly.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It was actually nice to have a civil discussion for a change honestly.

Well, I have to agree!

Thanks man!

I am glad we don't have any hard feelings!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Dated: February 17, 2012

A new federal law, signed by the president on Tuesday, compels the Federal Aviation Administration to allow drones to be used for all sorts of commercial endeavors — from selling real estate and dusting crops, to monitoring oil spills and wildlife, even shooting Hollywood films. Local police and emergency services will also be freer to send up their own drones.

My ex-girlfriend and I, took a trip to Maine once. Millinocket if anybody knows... As I drove farther North, I paused and took in my surroundings, the distance between exits grew and one wrong turn could send you looking for the nearest gas pump. We had passed a cop a while before we hit the country and we were not looking to gather any speeding tickets while driving through the city. Long story short, I got pulled over 20 miles or more later, in the middle of the sticks doing 83 in a 75.

I was pulled over by AIRCRAFT! The cop got the call AND most likely my coordinates, then hunted me down like a wounded calf. I have never felt so watched in a place that appears one could go to "get away from it all".

Drone proponents say the privacy concerns are overblown. Randy McDaniel, chief deputy of the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Department in Conroe, Tex., near Houston, whose agency bought a drone to use for various law enforcement operations, dismissed worries about surveillance, saying everyone everywhere can be photographed with cellphone cameras anyway. “We don’t spy on people,” he said. “We worry about criminal elements.”

Under the new law, within 90 days, the F.A.A. must allow police and first responders to fly drones under 4.4 pounds, as long as they keep them under an altitude of 400 feet and meet other requirements. The agency must also allow for “the safe integration” of all kinds of drones into American airspace, including those for commercial uses, by Sept. 30, 2015. And it must come up with a plan for certifying operators and handling airspace safety issues, among other rules.

Illinois and drones

Illinois: passed two laws limiting the use of drones. One prohibits them from interfering with hunters and fisherman. The measure passed after the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals said it would use drones to monitor hunters. PETA said it aims through its "air angels" effort to protect against "cruel" and "illegal" hunting.

Hunters Watch Out: PETA’s Drones Are Flying

Look, up in the sky! It’s a bird … it’s a plane … it’s a PETA Air Angel! Just in time for the first day of bowhunting season in Massachusetts, PETA supporters took one of our brand-new “Air Angel” drones for a test flight, and the winged bunny’s virgin mission went off without a hitch.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Cops have been using aircraft to spot speeders for a while now.

I remember seeing the signs when i was there many years ago.

link

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I still see them everywhere. Out in California you see Cessna 172s and the like with police markings flying around.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Teh Bois HAVE to have their toys, now.

what with all the dineros homeland security is able to throw around, via grants to local PDs with their multi-billion dollar budget and the like...

whattaya expect!?

chalkboards in every classroom. apple pies in the lunchroom. baseball at recess!?

DHS is simply a rebranded, modern day version/form of the stasi, imho.

carte blanche .... even if/when it aint all carte in the first place.... or that 'blanche' should even have a say in the matter.

amerika ..... today .... gotta love it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
First, speeding tickets.
Second, surveillance.
Third - being neutralized for noncompliance

Don’t tase me, drone! Law enforcement eyes new drone armed with tasers

Chaotic Moon Studios has developed the Chaotic Unmanned Personal Intercept Drone, or “Cupid Drone,” which can shoot its target with 80-thousand volts of electricity, Fox News D.C. reported.

This is his way of thinking. Chaotic Moon co-founder, William “Whurley” Hurley.

“We, as the people who have to live our everyday lives, often are either affected by or ruled by things that we never have a discussion about or are never involved in,” he continued.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm being ruled by things I was never given the chance to have a discussion about!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Sometimes, I feel like I'm being ruled by things I was never given the chance to have a discussion about!

[bold mine]

a likely registered and active voter in today's united states of murica.

sad. that.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What is even more scary are these large manned drones called helicopters, they can carry 10 times the weapons of any unmanned drone, are much much harder to shoot down with small arms, have infrared and all kinds of sensors and can even carry armed agents or troops. These make drones look like remote control toys. If the police ever get their hands on these new fangled helicopters we could all be in real trouble. I also heard they are coming out with these space drones called satelittes that can watch us from space. And I have heard they have these things called cruise missles that can you fire from hundres of miles away and hit a doorway. Once these things all come out we will be laughing at the idea that we were afraid of remote controled planes.

edit on 27-4-2014 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join