It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardiff City FC... Hahahahahahaha!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Born and bred in Swansea I've had my arse kicked a couple of times by (former) Blues fans over the years watching our superior club play away at Cardiff.
Absolutely loving today's result as it looks like you (former) Blues are going back down to the Championship - all that Malaysian cash and you just couldn't cut the mustard in the top flight, ah well.

I feel sorry for all those blokes with Bluebird tattoos which need going over with a red dragon now you sold yourselves out to Malasia, surely everyone knows Swansea are white, Wrexham is red, and Cardiff is Blue - unless the price is right haha.

We may not be doing so well this year but we're staying up...again!! Hope the foreign cash dries up and you drop to league one next year

Swansea City FC - owned by Swansea business people and the supporters trust association- Smug? Yes!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Swansea aren't a bad side and though Cardiff may be exiting the EPL, good on them for getting up there also. I think Scotland should enter Celtic into English Football as well, it's sort of like Swansea going back and playing in the Welsh league.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

In football as a Spurs fan I have learnt many a lesson at our own expense. Usually at Arsenals gain.

Sometimes the wise man just needs to smile and nod because next season a smart arse Cardiff fan might use this against you.
Its just one year after all in the grand scheme of things.

For the record I want Cardiff to go down as Steven Caulker is one of the best defenders I have ever had to watch and can see him coming back to the lane when inevitably Cardiff FC get relegated.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy
I think Celtic would struggle in the EPL, big difference in competition, I mean let's face it when Rangers were busted down everyone knew Celtic would dominate. SPL was a two horse race for well, forever.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

As a Swansea fan you are quite entitled to take the piss out of Cardiff and their fans

after all to you they are the enemy of old

and yes you can not just change your teems colours i mean how many of the Cardiff faithfull
are wearing a blue tat thats years old.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Closelywatching I've watched us play at the likes of Rochdale and Torquay and had years of taking the flak for being a Jack - I expect every (former) Blues fan to rip us if they ever reach our dizzy heights of success! No love lost between us ever.

...totally know what you mean about Caulker though, was with us for a bit on loan from Spurs, we just didn't have the cash to nail a contract.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

As for Celtic/Rangers entering the English league

fair enough

but they should have to start at the bottom (division 2 ) just like the Welsh teams had to.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: marvinthemartian
Haha true! They can still brag about their triangle corner flags from winning the FA cup in the 1920's or whenever it was though...but then wasn't that a different club, you know, the Cardiff that had blue shirts with a bluebird on the badge?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: marvinthemartian

As for Celtic/Rangers entering the English league

fair enough

but they should have to start at the bottom (division 2 ) just like the Welsh teams had to.

Agree totally.
The Welsh FA were hounding us only a few years ago with threats of 'Welsh league or leave Wales' if we stayed in the basement of the English league - I think the thought of 5 blokes and a dog as crowd inspired the club to the EPL!
The SPL may be premier Scotland but I don't see much EPL level football when watching the highlights.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah I think they should be introduced just like any of the Welsh teams were but at the same time, Celtic tend to dominate in Scotland yet have had the credentials of playing Champions League etc. I think Celtic are doing it easy and they need to integrate into the English competition. The teams they play in Scotland apart from maybe one or two are pretty dismal.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What would you rather have

triangular corner flags
or
playing in the best league in the world

and again you just can not change your club colours

anyway well done for staying up

as a scouse red i have soft spot for the swans

or as we call them Liverpool old boys.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I agree, I also think both Swansea and Cardiff could easily win the SPL if we were in it, and Cardiff are bottom EPL right now.
I'm glad Swansea stuck with the English FA pyramid, the Welsh and Scottish leagues just dont compare in finances, excitement or even beautiful football worth paying to watch.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I agree, I also think both Swansea and Cardiff could easily win the SPL if we were in it, and Cardiff are bottom EPL right now.
I'm glad Swansea stuck with the English FA pyramid, the Welsh and Scottish leagues just dont compare in finances, excitement or even beautiful football worth paying to watch.

It would give it an extra dynamic - English and Welsh clubs facing Celtic in Scotland - Oh Booy, I could imagine the kilts flying across the arena lol

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: marvinthemartian Haha I remember the Toshack days when we were last in the English top flight, long history between Swansea and Liverpool, half our squad was red, but we stayed with the white shirts coz no rich Malaysians were around telling us what to do!

...cheers for poaching brendon off us this time round though, not, still wounded we're a poor club compared to Liverpool, he's a damn good manager - unlucky with Chelsea today though, be good to see you lot take the title

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Yes I completely understand your pleasure right now, My point only being enjoy it while it lasts, it don't always last long. I can imagine the loyal Swansea fans must love the difference in competition from the Torquay days to playing teams the calibre of Manchester Utd, Chelsea, Man City and SPURS .

I remember when he was there as a youngster, if only there was a Malaysian Business consortium in Wales looking to spunk some money up the wall that year...

Imagine if SAF (Sir Alex Ferguson) could be persuaded out of retirement to help old Ole out as an advisor of some sort or even just use his connections to get a couple of decent Man Utd youngsters in Cardiff for next season. How quickly things might change. Money is not really a big obstacle as rightly stated by the OP *Good work by the way on the article.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I hope we can keep hold of Brendon he has carried on where Kenny left off

you can have Joe Allen back tomorro if you want!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Closelywatching
It will be interesting to see how Cardiff get on next year, but I guess I'll have to start buying the South Wales Echo to find out about such Championship matters lol

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Ouch!!! Cheap shot but true lol

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: marvinthemartian

you can have Joe Allen back tomorro if you want!

Hahaha we made a tidy sum out of him! Maybe he's been out of form coz he'smissing Wales, he is from the wild west (Carmarthen) after all, they eat their young in those parts! ..fluent Welsh speaker as well, maybe he's just struggled learning Scouse

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Smug? Justified? Possibly, but why hide on ATS?
Not a Football fan but knowing a whole lot of CCFC Fans, I find
It hilarious you're hiding on a forum that 99.9% will never read.

originally posted by: grainofsand
Born and bred in Swansea I've had my arse kicked a couple of times by (former) Blues fans over the years watching our superior club play away at Cardiff.
Absolutely loving today's result as it looks like you (former) Blues are going back down to the Championship - all that Malaysian cash and you just couldn't cut the mustard in the top flight, ah well.

I feel sorry for all those blokes with Bluebird tattoos which need going over with a red dragon now you sold yourselves out to Malasia, surely everyone knows Swansea are white, Wrexham is red, and Cardiff is Blue - unless the price is right haha.

We may not be doing so well this year but we're staying up...again!! Hope the foreign cash dries up and you drop to league one next year

Swansea City FC - owned by Swansea business people and the supporters trust association- Smug? Yes!
Smug yes,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join