It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest Incident - I know what the binary code meant

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Manderine Chinese is only spoken by more people because of the population of China. It's not spoken around the world except of course in kitchens of Chinese resturants. English is spoken all over the planet. reply to: yorkshirelad

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CAPT PROTON
The coordinates are real. There should be an underwater neolithic monument at that location. How do I know? Its part of my doomsday research, and the catholic church owns the other monuments just like it, and all in a line.
All the churches on this line are dedicated to the archangel St. Michael.

The co-ordinates point to the centre of Woodbridge, as given by TeleAtlas, to an accuracy of the size of a piece of office paper laid in the street, but whoever wrote the code screwed up their east and west. How do I know? Because I looked them up myself.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Wewillallbefree

My issue with this is ...

1. It assumes Aliens developed binary the same way we did, or that it's somehow universal.. why would it be?
2. It assumes they encoded english sentences in binary, why english and not french? or russian? or some other language

I'm not convinced this incident ever took place, I think the guy came up with this all by himself..

Binary is a type of language, represented in 0's and 1's .. there's no reason to think an Alien civilization would know what it is or how to interpret it.. And why use it to send messages? it's not there as a form of communication, it's there because it's efficient in computing for storing/retrieving data.. but to write it out is not efficient at all ..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Well a copy and paste of the coordinates into google maps puts it right where its makes sense for what I'm doing.
That location would put it on the fabled Hy-Brasil which is most likely under the waves and inline on the giant ley line the Catholics co-opted with their churches.

I don't need this coordinate for what I'm doing, but it when it lines up out of the blue, it shows someone is hiding
something.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Well duh...

You don't watch much Star Trek do you?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I find this discussion about the coordinates quite amusing.

If the same event would have taken place in say Switzerland, in what language would the decrypted binary code have been?
Who says that alien beings would use the same coordinates as we do? Who says they would use the decimal system?
Hell, even here on earth a Duodecimal system would make more sense than the decimal system.
Anybody who "translates" messages on a one-by-one system into plain english/french/german/whatever is a hoaxer.
It is more likely that a different species from another planet would have a different language, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CAPT PROTON

One thing is very important to realize about the coordinates pointing at the center of Woodbridge:

If you opened Google Earth (or Google Maps – one of them was using Tele Atlas data) back in 2009 and typed in “Woodbridge”, it would automatically take you to latitude, longitude: 52.094253, 1.313127.
This was the point that the Tele Atlas map makers chose as the center of Woodbridge.
See for instance www.cropcircleconnector.com...
I tried this myself back in 2010.

The last four digits of this point are like the ‘fingerprint’ of the map maker, since each map maker will select some random point in the center of a town so the last four digits of each map maker will be different.
Nowadays Google uses its own map data and if you type ‘Woodbridge’ it will take you to 52.095712, 1.312573.

So if Jim wanted us to believe the craft was targeted at Woodbridge, he would simply enter Woodbridge in some digital map and then copy the coordinates in his notebook using an ASCII table.
Any digital map based on Tele Atlas data would give you 52.094253, 1.313127. Any other digital map would give different results for the last four digits.
His notebook says: 520942532, 13131269.
This is a perfect match with the ‘fingerprint’ of a Tele Atlas map, up to the sixth digit. His coordinates have one digit extra, so he may have used a military version with one digit additional accuracy.

A classical mistake by an American would be to forget that Woodbridge is just to the East of the Prime Meridian, since all coordinates in the US routinely are to the West of the Prime Meridian (which passes through Greenwich, UK).

edit on 29-4-2014 by Guest101 because: 'Automatically' in bold italics

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Guest101

Hah, even at the location you're using, that location lies near another doomsday line that crosses the primary one.
So I still win, even if someone wants to move it. The two lines I'm working with cross in an x-shape pattern.
So the point simply moved from one arm of the X to the other. I guess no harm, no foul.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus
a reply to: Wewillallbefree

My issue with this is ...

1. It assumes Aliens developed binary the same way we did, or that it's somehow universal.. why would it be?
2. It assumes they encoded english sentences in binary, why english and not french? or russian? or some other language

I'm not convinced this incident ever took place, I think the guy came up with this all by himself.. l ..

The thing a lot of people seem to be assuming is that aliens were involved. Jim Penniston's hypnosis sessions revealed that the craft he touched came from our future. So suspending disbelief for a moment. Why wouldn't binary be used as part of the basic programming and English (being the native language of the British Isles) not be used?

However the way his story has grown arms, legs and zeroes and ones over three decades makes it a highly questionable one to many of us.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
First of all I want to thank the OP for starting a thread that they believed would generate some intelligent discussion on the RFI binary code. I know their intentions were such, but unfortunately many of the reply posts are just opinions, mere conjecture, outright fallacies and misrepresentations posited and portrayed as facts.

Opinions are fine and warranted as part of a free and open society, but making statements as if they were true facts, without any supporting references, smacks of a tactic of disinformation campaigns. It is fine to say such things as: "I believe Jim Penniston is a liar", but not flat out state emphatically: "Jim Penniston is a liar", as that is unfounded and libelous.

I will attempt in this post to refute the most egregious of the false and misleading statements in the above posted replies and provide links and references to the factual and truthful source material.

First of all, you can now find the complete 16 (not 5, not 6, not 13) notebook pages of binary code, including the correct 2nd coordinate (the EiRF book has a typo) and all the gory details of how it was decoded, interpreted and parsed into the full RFI Binary Message at: www.BinaryDecoder.info . For the complete decoded and interpreted message from the 16-pages, go to: Complete Message Also, the OFFICIAL website, overseen by Jim Peniston and John Burroughs is at: www.TheRendleshamForestIncident.com

Jim Penniston did not recall all the binary code in his hypnosis session on Sept. 10, 1994, he mentioned the EXISTANCE of the binary code. Penniston Hypnosis He wrote the binary code onto 16 pages of his notebook at his home in Ipswitch (off base) after a fitful night's sleep because he was so bothered by the 1's and 0's going through his mind. Only writing them down gave him relief. The details of this experience, including images of the 16-pages of binary code (albeit out of sequence in the book) and the story of the binary transmission and the complete decoded and interpreted message (with a typo in the second coordinate), are laid out in the new book, just published April 15th: "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest", available at Amazon: "Encounter in Rendlesham Forest"

Jim has NEVER referred to the craft as a "UFO". He has always used the term "craft of unknown origin" - . Although the term "UFO" is used in the subtitle of the book, one must remember that its meaning is "UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object" - it does NOT mean alien spacecraft, it does NOT mean extraterrestrial - it simply means UNIDENTIFIED - we have NO idea where it came from!

Jim has NEVER used the term "aliens" or "ET's". In fact, in his hypnosis session referenced above, he refers to the entities responsible for the "craft of unknown origin" as "us from the future" - in other words Earthly human time travelers from the future.

Jim NEVER said the craft had occupants, aliens or otherwise. On the contrary, he believed it was an un-piloted drone, as it had no windshield, no windows and no portals of any type. Plus, it was fairly small - a triangular shape about 9 feet on the sides and about 6 feet high. To see what the craft REALLY looks like according to the direct witness, Jim Penniston, see: www.therendleshamforestincident.com... This 3D rendering was created with the consultation of Jim, and an actual physical 3D model was created from this rendering - all with Jim's oversight. So, it is the closest visualization to what he actually saw in Dec. 1980. Do NOT believe, or take for accurate, anything else you may see on the Internet, in published articles, or TV documentaries - go to the true source.

Since the craft was un-piloted, it is reasonable to assume that it was computer controlled, or at the least remotely controlled by digital means (as ALL of OUR remotely controlled vehicles are). Therefore, any communication coming from the craft would highly likely be in digital (binary) form. Encoding such a message as an image would be even MORE complex, less universal and more difficult to decode properly.

The original decoding of only the first 5 notebook pages (out of 16 total) by the History Channel's "Ancient Aliens" program in October 2010 (first broadcast on Dec. 30, 2010) was later determined to be incorrect, as they used the DMS (Degrees, Minutes, Seconds) format, instead of Decimal Degrees. See: www.therendleshamforestincident.com... Also, for a full detailed explanation of how the coordinates were parsed from the original decoded and interpreted binary see: Analysis of Geographic Coordinates

The first coordinate, 52.0942532N 13.131269W, is NOT that of Woodbridge as it would require the longitude being E(ast), not (West) as it is. This would mean a 2-bit error in the binary at that point, which I feel is highly unlikely. Plus the decimal point in the longitude would be in the wrong place and be inconsistent with the other 6 longitude coordinate numbers. In addition, that particular coordinate appears twice in the message (both times with a "W"), and is referred to in the second occurrence as "ORIGIN". See reference links above to the documented parsing of the coordinates. There are other reasons why this first coordinate MUST be "Hy Brasil" (or at least that geographic location), but I am not at liberty to discuss that at this time.

As for the binary being decoded using ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange), which was developed in the 60s and has become a WORLD standard for almost ALL digital data transfer and storage, do you realize that EVERY digital device we use - computers, cell phones, GPS devices, MP3 players - ALL use ASCII encoded binary. Even satellite data, both military and commercial use ASCII encoded binary. So, it is perfectly logical that a highly advanced civilization ("us from the future"?) would clearly use that communication method in their technology, especially if they wanted to communicate with US.

And why English? Well that is the "universal language" used in most commercial international communications. 75% of all telex messages and telegrams are sent in English. 80% of computer data is processed and stored in English. Most satellite transmissions are carried in English. English is the main language of international business, diplomacy, and science. It is a common language that a Russian businessman and a Japanese businesswoman are likely to use to communicate. English is the language of maritime communication and international air traffic control, and it is used even for internal air traffic control in countries where it is not a native language. See: "English Facts: Why You Should Learn English?" (you need to scroll down to s the text article). Plus, the craft had landed IN ENGLAND!!

edit on 2014/4/29 by LuckyLu because: Correct typo

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
CONTINUED from above

The binary code was NOT "just discovered in 2010". It was referenced in Jim Penniston's hypnosis in 1994 and, according to some people, mentioned by Jim to the authors of "Sky Crash" (Jenny Randles, Dot Street and Brenda Butler) in 1983/84. As Jim has stated many times, he was reluctant to reveal the fact that he had written 16-pages of 0's and 1's as he himself thought it was crazy and he believed anyone he told would think the same. While he was still in the military, he believed it would jeopardize his career and certainly his required security clearances if the military was aware of such "crazy" behavior. Just see how many people are treating it in this thread!

Jim Penniston's original written witness statement DOES contain inaccuracies and omissions. That is because it is the typed SANITIZED version by the AFOSI from his more complete written statement, which they confiscated.

As I have a small 6-ring loose leaf notebook like Jim's, I can affirm that it can easily hold the 16-pages of binary code plus much more (close to 100 pages). See close-up images of the notebook at: Glyphs

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17851512]
its a nice little fantasy, receiving a message in a universal language, but i believe thats all it was, a fantasy idea.

Binary ASCII code is a universal language?

01001001 011100100110010101100001011011000110110001111001 0110010001101111011011100010011101110100 0111010001101000011010010110111001101011 011100110110111100101110 0100111101110010 0110100101110011 01111001011011110111010101110010 01101110011000010110110101100101 010000110110111101101101011011010110111101100100011011110111001001100101 001101100011010000111111 010100000110010101101111011100000110110001100101 0110010001101111011011100010011101110100 0110001101101111011011100111011001100101011100100111001101100101 0110100101101110 0100000101010011010000110100100101001001 0011101000101001

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

As is (without spaces):
Ireallydon'tthinkso.OrisyournameCommodore64?Peopledon'tconverseinASCII

With appropriate spaces:
I really don't think so. Or is your name Commodore64? People don't converse in ASCII

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
He didn't touch a craft. The other two witnesses have said he was lying about it.

There was no code.

This UFO case has been debunked for many years and is filled with lies and inconstancies.

MM

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Perfect example of a case that is over inflated by history channel and UFO outlets selling nonsense. Let me help you here. Please follow along.

1) Most importantly one must know the landscape of the area. Big lighthouse...right where the witnesses saw the UFO.

2) Three witnesses saw this "UFO" in the woods that night. All three give a dramatically different account of what they saw. Penniston and Burroughs reported lights they felt came from a mechanical object with a red light on top and blue lights below surrounded by a yellow haze. They both drew pictures of it in their reports. Penniston's illustration shows it obscured by trees and far off in the distance to the east (directly where the light house is)

3) Cabansag publicly reported that the only light they saw after actually leaving the base was the one that all three men eventually identified as a lighthouse or beacon beyond the farmhouse. Get that? one of the witnesses of said encounter said it was definitely a lighthouse and that all three had agreed.

4) Cabansag said in his detailed report that the yellow haze had simply been the glow from the farmhouse lightsand that there was no further incident on the way to the base.

5) Burroughs' and Penniston's stories have changed over and over throughout the years. Each time growing in size and nature. Even though the third witness has plainly reported it was a lighthouse.

6) In recent TV interviews, Burroughs and Penniston claimed that they saw the craft fly up out of the trees and fly around. This was never said in the original reports. It was added many years later to the story.

7) Penniston has also unveiled a notebook in 2003 (something he never reported having before this date) which he claims he wrote "during" their forest chase. He actually stated he wrote it DURING the "chase". Yet all the times and date are wrong. He never showed this notebook before 2003 and he unveiled it on a Sci-Fi Channel documentary in 2003.

8) We are to believe that these new details, new stories and this note book was not shared or spoken about since 1980??? And for some strange reason both these "liars" held these facts to themselves even though they were being very vocal about a UFO all these years? Use logic.

9) Burroughs has stated publicly more than once that Penniston did not make any notes during the episode and would not have had time to do so. This is now two witnesses calling Penniston a liar. If the two people with him are calling him dishonest, I hope you don't have trouble considering the possibility, since you know- you ARE quick to make large leaps in logic that suit your "UFO desires".

10) Penniston's story has also expanded over years to now include a 45 minute personal walkaround inspection of the object during which he took a whole roll of photographs (seized by the the Air Force, of course). But the written reports of all three men show this not to be true, and the other two witnesses say this is not true.

11) Only Cabansag's story (of a single pulsing light that was later determined to be a lighthouse), describes events that all three men agreed on. It also is consistent with the statements of others. Example, A1C Chris Arnold, who placed the call to the police also seeing the "UFO". his report is published and public and here it is.

There was absolutely nothing in the woods. We could see lights in the distance and it appeared unusual as it was a sweeping light, (we did not know about the lighthouse on the coast at the time). We also saw some strange colored lights in the distance but were unable to determine what they were... Contrary to what some people assert, at the time almost none of us knew there was a lighthouse at Orford Ness. Remember, the vast majority of folks involved were young people, 19, 20, 25 years old. Consequently it wasn't something most of the troops were cognizant of. That's one reason the lights appeared interesting or out of the ordinary to some people.
"

12) Police arrived on the scene while Penniston, Cabansag and Burroughs were still in the woods. Here is what the police report said (also published and in the public)

"Air traffic control West Drayton checked. No knowledge of aircraft. Reports received of aerial phenomena over southern England during the night. Only lights visible this area was from Orford light house. Search made of area - negative.

13) the next morning some men reported landing craft marks in the dirt in the woods. Police investigated and the report was as such-

"There were three marks in the area which did not follow a set pattern. The impressions made by the marks were of no depth and could have been made by an animal.There were three marks in the area which did not follow a set pattern. The impressions made by the marks were of no depth and could have been made by an animal.

14) Local Forestry Commission worker Vince Thurkettle was also present at the examination he stated the marks were "rabbit diggings" and months old. He also stated the "burn marks in the threes" were ax marks for foresters (like himself) to mark trees for downing.

15) There are false stories that there was three nights of UFO sightings. There has never been reports of UFO sightings on the second night. But on the third night Col. Halt went out to investigate. This is what he saw. A light pulsing in the east (where the lighthouse was).

16) there are recordings of Halt on radio saying its a red pulsing light, yet his men all say it was yellow and he was wrong.

17) halt said publicly he didn't think it could be the lighthouse because the lighthouse was in the southeast. He was later corrected and told it was in the East. He was not aware of that.

18) Everything about the case has fallen apart and only History Channel and various UFO scammers still present this case as anything but closed. Its a joke and more than one liar is involved and making money off it all these years later.

MM
edit on 29-4-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ASCII is NOT a "universal language", just replying to multiple people who claim so.

It is in-fact a highly, extremely specialized, binary code.

ASCII code uses a table of how characters, on a keyboard etc. can be represented by binary/decimal numbers.
For example, capital a "A" would be the decimal number 65 respective binary 01000001.

(Look up "ASCII table" in Google if you need)

So..very simple question: Why would aliens use a computer language to communicate with people?
Why would aliens from another planet have come up with the same "ASCII code"...which very well may be based on an universal principle of how information can be transmitted in binary...but in itself is VERY specialized? (In the same way as, say, the Swahili language is not "universal" just because it uses the universal principle of communicating via voice/sounds).

As if this is not non-credible enough, who should buy that a normal mortal would remember 16 pages of 0s and 1s? You? I am a computer nerd for decades but I sure wouldn't be able to remember a number of 0s and 1s. This idea is just absurd. This is the same absurdity as with believing that Betty Hill remembered a very detailed star-map...while in her every-day conversations she couldn't even remember and get basic things right...eg. where she and Barney disagreed who actually walked the dog, things like that. But we're supposed to buy she or Penniston all-of-a-sudden had a phenomenal, yes truly super-human memory : )

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LuckyLu

The first coordinate, 52.0942532N 13.131269W, is NOT that of Woodbridge as it would require the longitude being E(ast), not (West) as it is. This would mean a 2-bit error in the binary at that point, which I feel is highly unlikely. Plus the decimal point in the longitude would be in the wrong place and be inconsistent with the other 6 longitude coordinate numbers.

Point 1: There is NO DECIMAL POINT indicated in the code as written in the notebook. None. It has been added in arbitrarily by whoever decoded it. Look at the original code right here:

No full stop. No decimal point.

Point 2: Putting the decimal point after the "13" leads to inconsistency, because it only leaves six digits after the point, compared to seven digits after the point in the latitude. If you put the decimal point after the "1" then that leaves seven decimal places in BOTH co-ordinates.

Point 3: There is an entire missing letter R (in "COODINATE") which is caused by a whole eight bits in a row being missed out. So simply swapping W for E is small beer. (Especially if the code was written by an American who is used to dealing with longitudes always being west of Greenwich.)

Point 4: the digits of the coordinates, both latitude and longitude, precisely match those given for Woodbridge in the most common online database available at the time the code was made public, to eight significant figures. As demonstrated in this post, the odds of this occurring by chance are QUADRILLIONS to one against: www.abovetopsecret.com...

In other words, very approximately 1000 times MORE UNLIKELY than me winning the UK national lottery tomorrow AND THEN winning it again on the very next draw.

Therefore "Hy-Brasil" is, by simple statistical analysis, indisputably a complete and utter red herring caused purely by a very human screw-up.

And a bonus IMHO Point 5: Penniston's story has constantly changed and evolved. His excuses for why it has changed have, themselves, changed. The man, as I said, has zero credibility.
edit on 29-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I allowed myself to refresh my memory about the RendleSHAM case a little just to not make a mistake.

So let me get this straight.

He claims that he received the message from the craft in 1980 and wrote down the 0s and 1s, miraculously without too many errors "from memory" the next day or so...in his notebook.

THIRTY YEARS go by and Pennisston, admittedly possibly not a computer nerd like me or others NEVER EVER came up with the idea that the 0s and 1s he wrote down might be binary code? This is astonishing since at least starting with the 1990s, computers became main-stream and even Joe Average might have gotten a hint of what a binary code is or that the 0s or 1s might be related to binary, "computer code". (In fact, it's in my opinion relatively unlikely that in the last 20-25 years, someone bought a PC and never came across the term ASCII code at some point)

To make things worse, it seems that this notebook is never mentioned in 30 years...respective Penniston, ALTHOUGH feeling compelled he needed to write down 16 (?) or so pages of 0s and 1s never even came up with the idea he might have a message of some sorts? (He makes up some hard to believe excuse why he never mentioned the code, instead).

By pure coincidence, one of the "not so credible" persons when it comes to unexplained phenomena..pops right out of the Art Bell show and in 2010 wants to do a revival story/book about the Rendlesham forest incident which ALSO coincides with a show on the History channel, basically sort-of as an anniversary tribute (Correct me if I am wrong!)

What a coincidence that Pennisston then while talking with the makers of the show in 2010 just mentions casually that he actually received this binary message..which...now hold yourself...he amazingly also wrote down in a notebook 30 years ago. Note that it's already 2010 where even a half-wit would already have figured out that the 0s and 1s might probably be a code of some sorts since now computers are pretty much in every household and kids are even taking computer classes in school.

Now, the makers of the show contact a "Binary Code Researcher" (here I really had to laugh hard because I don't think it gets even more absurd than using such a term)....who naturally immediately recognizes the 0s and 1s in the book as binary/ASCII....in 2010 there is a ton of websites where you can just copy and paste and encode/decode the code - and the wonderful message is revealed!

Not only is the story with all the logical holes in it laughable, I want in particular point out the fantastic timing of all of this how it took 30 years until 2010 to figure out that the 0s and 1s are a message in binary code, and how it coincides with the book/show on History and LMH's appearance on the scene.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Incidentally, has any analysis been done on the ink in said notebook?

The reason I ask is that I have quite a few old notebooks and diaries written in ballpoint pen in the 1980s and in a lot of cases the ink has noticeably faded. (More so with blue ink than black, admittedly.) Also it could be the case that ink formulations have changed over the years and the supposedly contemporaneous writing could be proven to have been written after the fact.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
who says the coordinates are for earth?

has anyone tried the moon/mars or how it works in a map of the solar system?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join