It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Clippers Owner to GF - 'Don't Bring Black People To My Games'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Again, I havent heard anyone, outside of the few of you that keep trying to drag them in, even speak about Jackson or Sharpton.

News flash: They are irrelevant to this topic.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

Again, I havent heard anyone, outside of the few of you that keep trying to drag them in, even speak about Jackson or Sharpton.

News flash: They are irrelevant to this topic.

Oh, they are very relevant to the topic in that we have a society where racism, or the very accusation of racism, can destroy a person's career in one hand but it quite acceptable for other people. We have very much a dichotomy in accusations of racism and the penalties thereof. I don't like double standards, do you?

Secondly, don't you find something disturbing about punishing someone for a thought? Doesn't that sound Orwellian to you?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I guess I just fail to see what you are trying to prove by bringing them into the conversation to rag on them. Its pretty well known that they are blowhards. So whats the point?

Secondly, don't you find something disturbing about punishing someone for a thought? Doesn't that sound Orwellian to you?
If it was just a thought, sure. This guy has a history. He paid out the biggest racial settlement in Cali history at the time for discriminatory housing practices. He is on record as saying black people stink and attract vermin.

But he sure does love to make money off of em.

The NBA cant have that. Plain and simple. Not if they want to survive.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I doubt a single fan would refuse to buy a ticket nor a single player refuse to play for their millions of dollars a year income. Professional athletics and deep thinking do not go hand in hand.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I wonder why Bonzi Wells did not get a lifetime ban for his racist remarks?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To be fair you must ask yourself...

If this was an 80 year old black man. Would he get the same treatment?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I feel he would, it is hard to say with out it actually happening though

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My final statement on this ....

- The NBA is a private organization so they can do what they want.
- The owner agreed to the rules ahead of time so he's stuck obeying them.
- It was a private conversation so it shouldn't matter .. but the NBA is making it matter.
- The guy is a racist moron. It's stupid to be. But he's allowed.
- His icky fluffy-bunni girlfriend just hit paydirt. And she egged him on to get it.
- I expect to see a whole lotta' copy cat type issues come up. This will be the new way that business owners and others are gotten rid of by the competition and by those who have personal grudges.

/OUT

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I was conflicted over the fact that it was a private conversation therefore he shouldn’t have been fined as a punishment. I mean he didn’t do any one any damage such as hurl a racial slur at anyone. If he would have made a racial slur at someone personally then he should be punished I figured UNTIL I realized he actually did do a PERSONAL RACIST SLIGHT TO SOMEONE by telling this half black woman to not bring black people to any games. Even though this was his “girlfriend” he still has an obligation to be civil to all people regarding racial justice since he represents a public organization that does billions of dollars of business with black athletes in America.

Bottom line he had to go, for he is bad for business.
In America it boils down to being not about black or white...it's about the green!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfens
a reply to: FlyersFan

I read the comments thus far. His woman appears to be Asian, late 20's to early 30's. Culture shock?

Even Mark Cuban scoffs at this. LA Clippers were the laughingstock of the league for too many years. Never won anything.

The owner, Sterling, wants a trophy wife, yet, he wants her to remain chaste in public, it appears. Not a bad request, if you think about it. I think that he doesn't want to look bad. I may be racist as well, still, it's his wife. She shouldn't put out the improper message.

she said she was black/mexican.
i thought she was fillipino.
anyway...

the only thing that stood out to me in the conversation was that, sterling didn't want her tweeting her pics or bringing black guys to his games. (which i read as "boy friends") didn't hear anything about black gals.

he also said she can do anything she wanted with them otherwise, so...

seems like he's been stomped pretty hard for personal views pertaining to his girlfriends actions and choice of pals.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He already received the same award from the NAACP in 08. The organization that is supposed to ADVANCE the group of people that he is supposedly stating he does not like. WHERE is the boycott of the NAACP by Snoop, Magic and LeBron?

Where is it? It is okay for the ol cracka to contribute to the cause but if he does not like his mistress flaunting about and he says something about it he should lose his ownership? He told her he did NOT care what she did, just do not bring it to his games.

Where is the racism in that?

yup, i just said the same thing, basically.

he just used the word "black" but some people think that's code for the N-word, i guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No, because in reality there are a million people suffering far worse on a daily basis. If Sterling tried to kill the man, there would be a problem. But some racist trying to get an elderly black man to move isn't a big deal in the grander scheme of things.

It's not good, but neither is child slavery. Which one do you think really matters?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I wonder why Bonzi Wells did not get a lifetime ban for his racist remarks?
Not sure what remarks youre referring to,I dont see Bonzi Wells having anything to do with the NBA anymore, do you?

<< 7  8  9   >>

join