It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Clippers Owner to GF - 'Don't Bring Black People To My Games'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He already received the same award from the NAACP in 08. The organization that is supposed to ADVANCE the group of people that he is supposedly stating he does not like. WHERE is the boycott of the NAACP by Snoop, Magic and LeBron?

Where is it? It is okay for the ol cracka to contribute to the cause but if he does not like his mistress flaunting about and he says something about it he should lose his ownership? He told her he did NOT care what she did, just do not bring it to his games.

Where is the racism in that?

You are so hung up on the NAACP, but that is a topic completely separate from this, no matter how desperately you keep trying to drag it in.

The NAACP has nothing to do with the NBA, or the players union.

Perhaps you ought to start a thread to air your grievances with the NAACP.
edit on 29-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I like how you are trying to say I have an issue with the NAACP. That is not the point. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of this situation as this guy, who seems to be openly racist, is ok with the organization that is against views like he seems to have.

The NAACP has helped many people to accomplish things in their lives that they may not have had the opportunity to attain otherwise. Supporting a racist should be exposed don't you think?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
if you guys want to watch the NBA commissioner speak about sterling it is getting ready to happen on ESPN right now

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I like how you are trying to say I have an issue with the NAACP. That is not the point. I am pointing out the hypocrisy of this situation as this guy, who seems to be openly racist, is ok with the organization that is against views like he seems to have.

The NAACP has helped many people to accomplish things in their lives that they may not have had the opportunity to attain otherwise. Supporting a racist should be exposed don't you think?
Sure it should, as I have already stated. But it has nothing to do with this topic. At most this topic is an example to use against them. There is no way to use the NAACP against this situation, though.
edit on 29-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Big deal. The guy had a private opinion. So what? What's next? Bitching about the streak in everyone's underwear?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
Big deal. The guy had a private opinion. So what? What's next? Bitching about the streak in everyone's underwear?
All those that are acting like this is a single, isolated incident are grossly misrepresenting the situation.

This incident, while minor in the grand scheme of things, has reminded me how much people like to talk without bothering to learn about the topic.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well don is banned for life from the clippers.. and a measly 2.5 million dollar fine.
As far as ownership, he still owns the team but the NBA is asking the owners to band together and remove him from ownership

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Besides the glaring slave master/ black mistress freaky overtones.
..it seems to me, from his remarks on the tape, that he didn't want to be taken for a cuckhold by his social peers.

The RICH, old, creepy, white dude didn't want his mixed race girlfriend making appearances or associating with good looking, virile, younger, black guys. Because, let's face it, she wasn't with him for the sex. LoL!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Banned for life huh....I'm not sure how I feel about that...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Watching the nba commissioner now....Sterling banned for life, fined 2.5 million, urged to sell team....it's live right now, sorry no link.....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Nor are they mentioning the extremely racist response back to him.......

IMHO these racist remarks in return to a racist should be looked down upon just as much....

You dont have to be white to be an ignorant racist

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

IMHO these racist remarks in return to a racist should be looked down upon just as much....

I agree 100%.

Racism is racism no matter where it comes from.

link   

I'm aware of the history. Big deal. Life's unfair.

link   
Ya reply to: [post=17860588]captaintyink
This what Tsn is reporting ...www.tsn.ca...
Looks like the NBA is asking the board of governors to excersise authority and forcing him to sell the Clippers.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
a reply to: FlyersFan

Sunday? Anyway, with all the uproar and Jesse Jackson and Sharpton getting their two-cents in, it will be hard for him not to sell the team or to hand it over outright to one of his heirs. He's in his early 80s, so maybe giving up the reigns on the Clippers will do him good....island living, lots of rum on the beach. I remember when Marge Schott (sp?) was forced to give up her ownership in the American Cincinnati Reds baseball club because of some comments painting Hitler in a good light, another example of someone's private thoughts intruding on their business ownership.

The hypocrisy of Al Sharpton and Jessie (Hymietown) Jackson calling anyone a racist is incredible.

What he said was abhorrent, but I dislike the concept of thought police as well--I don't like double standards either.

OTOH, he is a big Obama Bundler so I don't see it coming to much.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

What was said back to him?
I'm in the UK and haven't followed this at all, cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

I'm aware of the history. Big deal. Life's unfair.
Seems you are the one whining about life being unfair.

He got caught, time and time again, doing things that are both unacceptable by public standards, and by the standards of 80% of the league he is a part of.

He has to deal with the consequences.

Yet people like you want to come and whine about everyone being too hard on him.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No where did I whine about anything. I merely commented that he is being punished for having a private opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So he's banned for life and Al (Tawana Brawley) Sharpton is given a program on MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Who gets the 2.5?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join