It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Clippers Owner to GF - 'Don't Bring Black People To My Games'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I just came here to see the apologists try to downplay and deflect this issue.

Deadspin 15 minute recording

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As Flyer said, follow the money. Sorry, but like I said these were statements about his wanna be Kardashain stripper he is dating. She is showing up and flaunting and he is acting pissy like an insecure old man.

Again, like I said, why would the NAACP give an award to someone who has a track record of housing discrimination against blacks in LA? Because they gave him the SAME award in 2008 and NO ONE in the MSM is talking about that. NO ONE.

He gives away 2-3k tickets a game to youth groups. Charity. He does not say 'only fill it with white kids' does he? Nope.

And yes, I think she did it with ill intentions.

Our sources say ... Sterling is keenly aware V. Stiviano is in possession of more than 100 hours of recordings ... some of which are extremely damaging to Sterling's reputation.
As for why Stiviano taped so many conversations ... as TMZ Sports reported, she told friends the Clippers owner WANTED her to record him and he knew he was being recorded ... partly because he frequently forgot what he said and the tapes refreshed his memory ... at least that's her story

The tapes refreshed his memory??? LOL....

edit on 04am30amfu2014-04-28T11:44:41-05:001141 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Did people know that the mistress is currently being sued by Sterling's wife?

She's being sued for something like 2 million dollars. The wife claims that the woman is a gold digger who got cars and properties and cash from the old husband in return for being the trophy mistress ....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
and what does a trophy mistress do when she is about to be cut off...

1. Records blackmail
2. Flaunts the other men she is banging no matter the color
3. Goes to the tabloids

I am sure she is suing for the rest of the tapes do not make the light of day....

Also, this guy is not the NBA's greatest shame. Spreewell anyone?
edit on 04am30amfu2014-04-28T11:47:29-05:001129 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Did people know that the mistress is currently being sued by Sterling's wife?

She's being sued for something like 2 million dollars. The wife claims that the woman is a gold digger who got cars and properties and cash from the old husband in return for being the trophy mistress ....
Yup. She has a history, under multiple aliases, of getting into relationships with rich old men and getting a LOT of money out of it. So Mrs. Sterling is suing for anything that has been given to her that might be considered 'communal property'.

There is a lot more going on below the surface of this story.

Still doesnt excuse that piece of trash, however.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
and what does a trophy mistress do when she is about to be cut off...

1. Records blackmail
2. Flaunts the other men she is banging no matter the color
3. Goes to the tabloids

I am sure she is suing for the rest of the tapes do not make the light of day....

1)Sterling knew he was being recorded (well, according to the reports, anyway)
2)According to TMZ, it wasnt her that leaked the tape
3)Taking a picture with Magic Johnson and Matt Kemp automatically means she is banging them? Have you seen how many pictures these people take with fans?

edit on 28-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

This is worse than Sprewell. That was a player. Easily dealt with. If this isnt handled right it will be a black eye on the NBA for a LONG time.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

As Flyer said, follow the money. Sorry, but like I said these were statements about his wanna be Kardashain stripper he is dating. She is showing up and flaunting and he is acting pissy like an insecure old man.

Again, like I said, why would the NAACP give an award to someone who has a track record of housing discrimination against blacks in LA? Because they gave him the SAME award in 2008 and NO ONE in the MSM is talking about that. NO ONE.

He gives away 2-3k tickets a game to youth groups. Charity. He does not say 'only fill it with white kids' does he? Nope.

And yes, I think she did it with ill intentions.

Our sources say ... Sterling is keenly aware V. Stiviano is in possession of more than 100 hours of recordings ... some of which are extremely damaging to Sterling's reputation.
As for why Stiviano taped so many conversations ... as TMZ Sports reported, she told friends the Clippers owner WANTED her to record him and he knew he was being recorded ... partly because he frequently forgot what he said and the tapes refreshed his memory ... at least that's her story

The tapes refreshed his memory??? LOL....

Why does any owner of a business give away anything, or donate to charity? Marketing

Here are some more gems this guy has crapped out

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

No, it not worse. Spreewell threatened to kill him and choked him...then 20 minutes later punched him in the mouth. Because he was asked to hustle. Then, when arrested, he used some racial slurs.

That guy should have been banned for life...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This made me think about the people that have or are in a place of power in the world.

This are the FALSE people who "Rule" in our world... The Value only there image and money!

You have lot's of examples every where... Maybe we should start taking notice on those rich old ones who have beautiful young women's...that should be a start

PEOPLE NEED TO OPEN THERE EYES

edit on v20141412America/ChicagoMon, 28 Apr 2014 12:02:45 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No, it not worse. Spreewell threatened to kill him and choked him...then 20 minutes later punched him in the mouth. Because he was asked to hustle. Then, when arrested, he used some racial slurs.

That guy should have been banned for life...

Again, a single player is FAR easier to deal with than an owner.

Sprewell was levied the biggest suspension/fine in the history of sports. Easy peasy, over and done with.

Its a heck of a lot harder to deal with an owner, and the microscope is far more trained on this one. If not dealt with perfectly, this will hang over the NBA for a very, very long time.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Chris Rock once said...there is rich, and there is wealthy. He is one of my favorites....

NSFW....

This is a prime example of what you see here. Uplift from poverty. Black, white or green, we ALL need to move our 'human race' forward.

edit on 04pm30pmfu2014-04-28T12:09:38-05:001238 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And they swear like the other old time white guy owners don't have the same views, sterling just let his get out to the public.
The NBA players and former players are really calling for this guys head. It is all they are talking about on Sportscenter

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And they swear like the other old time white guy owners don't have the same views, sterling just let his get out to the public.
The NBA players and former players are really calling for this guys head. It is all they are talking about on Sportscenter
When they should be talking about the absolute backbreaker that my Blazers pulled on the Rockets last night.

Rip City Never says die!

(sorry, couldnt help it....but seriously, what a game!)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

This is the distraction of the week. See how quickly everyone stopped talking about Russia invading the Ukraine ... or stopped talking about how Malaysia screwed up the plane crash/missing plane ??? It's being treated like it's world war III but in reality it's just an old racist guy getting ticked at his fluffy-bunni exgirlfriend for bringing her black-man dates to his games.

You'd think this was a world changing event but it's really just the stuff of ESPN and TMZ.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Apparently from reading this thread, I see there are a lot of members here that totally agree with Mr. Sterlings racist statements.
They defend him and make excuses for his behavior and views. They try to derail his racism with "privite phone call" obfuscation.

Parroting back Rush Limbaugh....how clever!!!

As Dylan said....."we can see thru your mask"
edit on 28-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am NOT defending this douche but I am trying to clarify. I mean, is it ok for the NAACP to accept money from a racist for as many years as they did? He got a PResidents award in 2008 and this was after his lawsuit about renting to Koreans instead of blacks or Hispanics? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

POTUS has also made more of a stand on this than the Ukraine. Maybe be should threaten to sanction him and see how that turns out.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

POTUS has also made more of a stand on this than the Ukraine. Maybe be should threaten to sanction him and see how that turns out.
Come on, thats just dumb. Obama made one (very poignant) statement about this. Thats it. Im not an obama fan by any means, but dragging him into this (with untruths, no less) borders on political trolling.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Apparently from reading this thread, I see there are a lot of members here that totally agree with Mr. Sterlings racist statements."

Saying that someone has a right to a private conversation does NOT mean that they agree with what was said in that private conversation. Not even close.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

is it ok for the NAACP to accept money from a racist for as many years as they did? He got a PResidents award in 2008 and this was after his lawsuit about renting to Koreans instead of blacks or Hispanics? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

I had to go look that one up ....

Race Hate Spewing Clippers Owner is Democratic Donor

Sterling is currently scheduled to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Los Angeles chapter of the NAACP in May.

NAACP Took Grants From Clippers Owner Donald Sterling - Defended Him In The Press

NAACP’s LA chapter was financially supported by Sterling’s foundation, records reveal. Jenkins, representing the NAACP, received a grant from Sterling’s foundation at the 2013 Donald T. Sterling Charitable Foundation Gala just four months ago, where Jenkins was photographed accepting his award from Sterling

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join