<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
He has the right to be stupid.

He has the freedom to be a bigot.

You have the right to dislike him.

But, this covert game of exposing people and then labeling them.

Is destroying our Country.

Destroying our country? Seems a bit melodramatic. People also have the freedom to not spend their money on Clipper's merchandise and Clipper's tickets if they choose to.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Then the guy will get sanctioned if the tape is legit. Some form of suspension or the like.

It was a private conversation so I don't know if that's even possible. People are allowed private conversations. It's not like he went on TV blabbing stupidity. He was in a private conversation and unknowingly got taped by someone who is having legal issues with him now. It really looks like a lovers spat ...

Side note - can OWNERS be 'suspended'?? I don't see how. They are owners, not players and not coaching staff. What exactly would he be 'suspended' from?? His stock options? I dont think it's possible.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
If this destroys his relationship with the players (black, white, or purple) then fire the bastard, hire someone with a more modern outlook on human interaction and call it a day. It's simple really.

He's the owner. You can't 'fire' the owner. The owner is top dog.
He does the firing. It doesn't go the other way around.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"Donald Sterling To Receive Lifetime Achievement Award from NAACP"

"Donald Sterling was to be given the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Los Angeles NAACP"

?????????/

I don't get it??

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What a doosh bag, but come on that conversation sounds like a set up, seriously that lady sounds like shes reading a script lol, oh and she records it lol, me smells gold digger
edit on 27-4-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wonder if Obama was having a private conversation and made a disparaging remark against Jews or Orentials; and it was made public...

Those here defending private conversation as off limits, would be up in arms with the antisemitic and racist comments in a heartbeat.

Bunch of Hypocrites....

Obama's words should be under the microscope as should anyone in power and that includes Sterling.
edit on 27-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He's already made very public statements like ... 'that's how white folks will do you' ... and that his grandmother was a 'typical white person'. Seems people got over that pretty quick. He got elected POTUS twice ....

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: olaru12

He's already made very public statements like ... 'that's how white folks will do you' ... and that his grandmother was a 'typical white person'. Seems people got over that pretty quick. He got elected POTUS twice ....

Every word Obama utters should be analyzed and dissected for lies, hypocrisy, and just plain stupidity regardless of whether it's public or private. He sold out the people who voted for him to the neocons and the Corpratists. I would think the Right would be singing his praises.

My point is.... to the powerful being somehow privileged. We need more transparency...not less!!
edit on 27-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: whyamIhere
He has the right to be stupid.

He has the freedom to be a bigot.

You have the right to dislike him.

But, this covert game of exposing people and then labeling them.

Is destroying our Country.

Destroying our country? Seems a bit melodramatic. People also have the freedom to not spend their money on Clipper's merchandise and Clipper's tickets if they choose to.

Melodramatic....I don't think so.

We need to get past these silly High School antics.

We have real problems...I could care less about some NBA owner.

So many are so quick to label...Like calling people "Melodramatic".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

.Don't put him [Magic] on an Instagram for the world to have to see so they have to call me. And don't bring him to my games." (9:13) -

Sounds like some unknown personal history here with meaning that is not being interpreted by what is said. Jealousy of an individual perhaps, but the kind of thing outsiders should stop eavesdropping on.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

And in other news, people are raped, killed, homeless, starving, sick, bullied, attacked, etc.. There's just so much more important things going on in the world today. Some idiots comments about race isn't on my priority list of things to give a s*** about.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
He's the owner. You can't 'fire' the owner. The owner is top dog.
He does the firing. It doesn't go the other way around.

Touche. Fire was the wrong word...
As team owner, is there any action that could be taken to remove him from his position? I feel like the players (and anyone who knows this guy apparently) would already know him as a racist fartknocker, and as such I can see them almost brushing this off. There are likely smaller incidents/examples of this type of behavior from him that haven't resulted in lawsuits or even publicity...

Side note - can OWNERS be 'suspended'?? I don't see how. They are owners, not players and not coaching staff. What exactly would he be 'suspended' from?? His stock options? I dont think it's possible.

I'm not really sure that anything outside of fines is even an option. I'm sure the players are aware of his views on race with the previous issues the guy had, so I don't believe there would be much of an impact on their relationships from all this.

... but he's got a girlfriend (EXgirlfriend now) who is 1/2 Asian and 1/2 black.

I think she says she's half mexican and half black, but either way it's strange that he has a woman with this heritage as his "girlfriend".

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Clearly, the BLM should descend upon him with a militarily armed force, shoot his basketball team or attempt to round them up for slaughter ... oh, and they should confiscate his land. He deserves it. He is racist.

That is the mindset of some people on this forum currently.

Now, seriously, we have to remember that there is a larger issue of a different lawsuit involved, and this may be a completely acrimonious attempt to put public opinion so squarely against him so as to bring the lawsuit favorably in the court of the other party.

I'm not saying it is or isn't, but the politics of personal destruction are being used very successfully and all too often these days. They are very powerful, too powerful, and too many people are buying them.
It will be the first federal basketball team in the usa.with more to follow

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Side note - can OWNERS be 'suspended'?? I don't see how.

I think they can by the word of the CBA, but not sure how effectively it could be enforced.
I could see a suspension of contact with the team and all basketball related activities but how hard can they really enforce that?

The Dodgers and LA will get a good chunk of money and some new charities will form that they will funnel cash into and he will be a ghost for a while, but short of him resigning, the team is his

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

You would give a # if you were the elderly black tenant this racist tried to move out of his apartment building.

Terrible Human Being Donald Sterling Ordered To Pay $17.3 Million For Being A Negligent Landlord

deadspin.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
lol..I am not sure how some posters here are willing to give Sterling a pass because:

(a) he is old so leave him alone
(b) Obama commented
(c) Al Sharpton is on another witch hunt
(d) Jesse Jackson and the Freedom Riders are about to string old Sterling up
(e) he has a right to say whatever the old fart wants to say. It's his right
(f) who cares

the reality of the situation is:
(1) He was set up, and fell hook, line and sinker for it
(2) This is not the 1st time he has been accused of being bigoted or racist
(3) It was just a matter of time before this ish caught up to him

Oh, and btw, his girlfriend is not 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 black. That's impossible. She's either 1/2 African American and 1/2 Asian or 1/2 Mayan OR she's 1/2 Mexican and 1/2 American..or whatever.

Moving along, this creep Sterling has been accused of a laundry list of misdeeds including...
(A) a housing discrimination lawsuit he settled for $2.7 million with the government where he was accused of not renting apartments to Hispanics and blacks.
(B) being sued in 2006 by the Justice Department for allegations of housing discrimination in the Korea town part of Los Angeles.
(C) being sued by longtime Clippers general manger Elgin Baylor for wrongful termination alleging racial and age discrimination after Baylor lost his job.
(D) Players complained Sterling brought women into the locker room while they were showering, and told the women to "look at those beautiful black bodies."
(E) Numerous sexual harassment lawsuits, many paid off for silence
(F) When it comes to female subordinates in his real estate business, Sterling shows a distinct racial preference. In 2003 he had 74 white employees, four Latinos, zero blacks and 30 Asians, 26 of them women, according to his Equal Employment Opportunity filings with the state of California.

Over the years, Donald the dumdum also reportedly said
- "I wanna know why you think you can coach these n*****s." (to potential coach Rollie Masimino, 1983)
- "That's because of all the blacks in this building, they smell, they're not clean." (To a property supervisor - sworn testimony, 2002)
- "And it's because of all of the Mexicans that just sit around and smoke and drink all day."
- "I don't like Mexican men because they smoke, drink and just hang around the house."
- "Is she one of those black people that stink? [...] Just evict the b***h."
- "I'm offering a lot of money for a poor black kid." (On negotiations to sign Danny Manning, 1988, allegedly in David Stern's presence....hmmmm)
- "I don't have to spend any more money on them, they will take whatever conditions I give them and still pay the rent." (On Koreans - sworn testimony)

There is sooooo much dirt on Donald, it would take several moons to go through it all.

I wonder what all the people defending him would say if they really knew how he felt, treated and discriminated against all minorities and women?
Archived dirt on Donald Sterling

edit on 27-4-2014 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So watching the game right now, they just had one of the special assistants, that was the title they flashed for this man, for the NBPA and he is saying that they are going for the maximum possible punishment that the NBA can do to him.
Even going into his prior incidents and investigating why those were not addressed.

So seems the players have their minds made up on what they want, but it will all come down to the Comish.

And sorry don't have a link for the interview, it was going on during the game.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80As you can tell, this issue is bigger than just this latest misdeed. People have been trying to figure out how to punish Sterling over the years but the NBA has turned a blind eye.

Sterling has paid off a lot of people over the years. Stern, when he was in power, did nothing to stop this raging bigot and now the pot has boiled over to the latest.

Obama (who btw, is an avid basketball fan) knew EXACTLY what he meant when he said he's confident NBA Commissioner Adam Silver will address the matter judiciously.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom
.... and yet here you are in the thread commenting on it.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
I'm not really sure that anything outside of fines is even an option.

How can the organization fine a man for having a private conversation?? If he had gone on TV and blabbed in front of cameras ... maybe. But it was a private conversation of him telling his then girlfriend to stop going on dates with black men and to stop bringing the men to his games. He wasn't aware of even being taped. I don't see how he can get a fine for that.

Any penalty would come from the box office ticket sales, I'd think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution