It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Clippers Owner to GF - 'Don't Bring Black People To My Games'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ihavenoaccount

His private thoughts may have unfortunate implications, but ... can anyone prove that they do or did in any way affect how he handled his professional dealings with the team?

This is in some ways like what went on with Brendan Eich. So, Eich made a contribution 8 years ago to a cause that many consider politically incorrect, and when that was outed, he was forced to lose his job. But, nothing or no one could say with any certainty that his private views or beliefs affected in any way his professional life.

So, there is coming to be a time here where we are engaging on political correctness witch hunts. So, you may not like what a person thinks or says in private on their own time, but does that mean they deserve to have their professional lives destroyed for it ... particularly when the utterances or donations in question were meant to be private and never advertised publically but only outed in a clear attempt to smear the individual in question.

And where does that stop? At what point do we decide that a private opinion or view is considered socially acceptable enough to be held so that a person does not get their life destroyed? This is dangerous territory we are verging into where this can happen. It kills the idea of free speech when you can't even voice an opinion in your own home.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
He has the right to be stupid.

He has the freedom to be a bigot.

You have the right to dislike him.

But, this covert game of exposing people and then labeling them.

Is destroying our Country.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

But, this covert game of exposing people and then labeling them. Is destroying our Country.

Oh please it is not destroying our country. This has been going on in this nation even before we were a nation. Humans are a nosy animal we go out of our why to stick our noses into other peoples business and have been doing it throughout human history.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

But, this covert game of exposing people and then labeling them.

Is destroying our Country.

No....what is destroying our country are the rich elitist, racist, evil pigs that think the rules of common decency and respect for others, doesn't apply to them.

They deserve what they get when it's discovered they have "feet of clay"

edit on 27-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

But it wasn't as easy to blast what you find to almost every corner of the world....

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So speaks the voice of envy.

Can you prove that his private views in any way affected his professional life?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: whyamIhere

But, this covert game of exposing people and then labeling them. Is destroying our Country.

Oh please it is not destroying our country. This has been going on in this nation even before we were a nation. Humans are a nosy animal we go out of our why to stick our noses into other peoples business and have been doing it throughout human history.

And that makes it all right then?

Why does your business suddenly become my business and vice versa? And if you don't like my business, why does that give you carte blanch to do your best to destroy my life?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

You know who's cool? Freaking WILT CHAMBERLAIN! He never lied nor even implied. He represented and then retired. Nobody threw up stats like him. And he chose not to be a mouthpiece of his past glories or failures.

Really? Wilt Chamberlain claimed he slept with 20,000 women in a book he wrote. That's a bit beyond implying, and sounds quite a bit like he's glorifying his past.

As far as the OP, i'ts hard to say at this point. It's seems like a he-said, she-said at this point with the other woman in the picture. If he really did say this, people should certainly boycot Clippers games, I'm all for that.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: olaru12

So speaks the voice of envy.

Can you prove that his private views in any way affected his professional life?

Think about it a minute.....

Will his racist views and being found out, affect his professional life? Expect his retirement very soon!! He will go back to his mansion
and die of a heart attack from the stress this incident caused. His distended omentum is not a healthy sign.

Also I'm not envious of those that think the rules of common decency and respect for others doesn't apply to them.

I'm envious of his money and his beautiful girl friend; not his white trash attitudes!

It speaks volumes of those that defend him btw.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to think and say what ever he wants...He also needs to take personal responsibility for the blow back his dumbass remarks will cause. Does he deserve preferential treatment?

Karma's a bitch...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
TMZ - The PIctures the Girlfriend Took of Herself with Magic Johnson
She took these and had them posted on social media.
The Clippers owner got torked up and yelled at her.
It looks like a lovers spat that got recorded and played for the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh no! A racist, rich, old white guy! Those are so rare!
/sarcasm

Seriously? This guy is a dingleberry of epic proportions. However this isn't the first time (nor will it be the last) someone in a similar position has screwed up like this. Hell, if I'm not mistaken this guy has lost millions in previous lawsuits centered around racism/discrimination. In this phone call there were certainly a few times where it seemed like she was baiting him a little bit...some of the pauses seemed suspect, almost as if taking direction from a 3rd party. Pure speculation on my part though.

Bottom line? WHO CARES?

Racism will probably exist, in some form, forever. Until humans somehow become one single race through reproduction or we somehow forget our hardwired tendencies to spot differences before similarities, racism will exist.

In my opinion, it's all about how these situations/opinions are handled. Sure this is a little bigger because he's in somewhat of a position of power, but again...WHO CARES?

I'm no Christian but the phrase "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is something that I have adopted from their belief system.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah he got mad his trophy wife is getting attention from other men and enjoying it.

And I am sure he is very raciest and that just made it all that much worse.
Pretty snakey move by the girl to record him tho...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Politico - Obama remarks

President Barack Obama says he’s “confident” the NBA will address and resolve the controversy surrounding the “incredibly offensive racist statements” attributed to Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

'Address and RESOLVE' ???? What exactly is there to resolve? Nothing.
The dude made racial remarks to a woman he was involved with after
she posted (what I consider to be sexy) pictures of herself on social media
with black men. The older white man told her not to bring black men to
the games. It looks like a former lovers spat.

What exactly is there to 'resolve' ??
And what is Obama 'confident' will happen .. ???

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Think about it a minute.....

Ok, lets.

How many people do you work with in your daily professional life?

Do you like all of them?

I'll bet you don't. In fact, I'll bet there are some you can't stand, and I'll bet you have made that fact plain to your husband/wife/friends ... whoever you feel you can trust to safely vent to after a tough and trying day.

Will his racist views and being found out, affect his professional life? Expect his retirement very soon!!

Also I'm not envious of those that think the rules of common decency and respect for others doesn't apply to them.

So, you are likely someone who does what most of do ... you like go and complain about people you don't like for whatever reason to your friends. We all do it. Is that common decency and respect to do it? Maybe not, but we do it. It is decent to do it in private on our own time where those opinions do not get back to the ones we hold them about because the indecent thing is to be hurtful.

Did he do that? No, someone did it for him. Imagine having your personal opinions dished to the people who were never intended to hear them. Oh, sure, your opinions may be more politically correct, but does that make them any less hurtful to the people you can't stand? I'll bet not. So, is it decent or respectful for you to utter those opinions AT ALL anymore now that you apparently think it's A-OK to ruin someone else for having had his opinions outed.

I'm envious of his money and his beautiful girl friend; not his white trash attitudes!

I didn't say you were jealous of his opinions. I said you were jealous of him, what he has. You covet, and since you don't have it ... you see nothing wrong with destroying him so he can't have it either. Who made you an arbiter of what people do and don't deserve and why?

You are posting like an advertisement for the "if I can't have it, then no one should have it" attitude.

It speaks volumes of those that defend him btw.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to think and say what ever he wants...He also needs to take personal responsibility for the blow back his dumbass remarks will cause.

Karmas a bitch...

I'm not defending him. I'm speaking out against this mentality that it's OK to strip everything a person has because you find out they hold an opinion you don't like. I know you hold opinions with which I disagree. Would it be acceptable for me to try to totally ruin you for it?
edit on 27-4-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

In my opinion, it's all about how these situations/opinions are handled. Sure this is a little bigger because he's in somewhat of a position of power, but again...WHO CARES?

Oh, I don't know....Perhaps the Black players in the NBA and especially those in the Lakers. Perhaps the Black people that paid for and attended games to see their Black heros play. Perhaps decent white people that abhor racism.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Fliers fan you get a star for how you put the op in context.
Very good!

I was wondering myself about the reality that this is his private views therefore might be outside of any authorities control, such as the NBA commission.

But apparently this guy has a history of overt racism so we have an extra element here in that regard.

The coach of the team, Doc Rivers has already talked to the players and apparently they will not boycott.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Oh, I don't know....Perhaps the Black players in the NBA.

Exactly.

I'm willing to bet not a single NBA player is a member of these forums, so what we have here is just a bunch of noise.

I guess my underlying point is that this racism game has been going on forever. Humans have a way of labeling and compartmentalizing everything, including their fellow humans. Why does anyone allow ignorant viewpoints such as these to hold any weight?

If this destroys his relationship with the players (black, white, or purple) then fire the bastard, hire someone with a more modern outlook on human interaction and call it a day. It's simple really.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
And now basketball and racism is front page news again.
Anyone catch that?
Genius idea on someone's part.
Divide and conquer all the while stirring up the free media attention, should make someone some fiats.
@nonissue.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What should be done? The commissioner will investigate it first and determine whether the tape is legit and not tapered with.

Then the guy will get sanctioned if the tape is legit. Some form of suspension or the like.

Remember all sports are coming down hard on things like this. Guys have been fined thousands of dollars for anti-gay slurs like Kobe Bryant. www.nytimes.com...

So even though this was a private conversation it is likely this guy will get fined heavily.
He is the team Owner.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
But apparently this guy has a history of overt racism so we have an extra element here in that regard.

That's what I don't get. Supposedly this guy is a horrid bigot and all ... but he's got a girlfriend (EXgirlfriend now) who is 1/2 Asian and 1/2 black. And he has 'broken bread' with and been friends with many black people including Magic Johnson. So something isn't making sense. I'm still wondering if this was a 'lovers spat' because the woman was posting sexy pictures of herself with a couple of black guys, Magic Johnson being one of them ... and the dude told her to stay away from black guys and not bring them to the games .... because he was jealous or because she was misbehaving with them.

Things aren't making sense and there is more coming out.
I don't think this story is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join