It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alicia Silverstone Advice On Diapers, Depression, Eating Own Placenta, Autoimmune ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Warning ... very high 'eeeewwww' factor story ... All I can say is .. everyone has a right to think what they want .. but YIKES this is really different, IMHO.

Alicia Silverstone Offers Advice on Diapers, Postpartum Depression, and Eating Your Own Placenta

The 37-year-old has an almost three year-old boy named Bear Blu who she professes was potty trained at six months using the elimination technique which eschews diapers.

She also claims that fertility problems, breastfeeding issues, PMS, insomnia, allergies and a host of medical conditions like multiple sclerosis and lupus can be managed with a vegan, “kind” lifestyle that will properly prepare your “baby house,” aka uterus and then keep your and your offspring healthy.

On battling infertility Silverstone writes, “Eat well, get healthy, then ditch all the planning and trying and just let it flow. There’s no better way to make a baby than with yummy, soulful sex!”

Her advice ....

- Infertility. According to Alicia - Just have 'yummy soulful sex'. Well - As a person who dealt with infertility (endometriosis), I can say that this doesn't work for most people. 1/4 of all married couples have fertility problems and most need medical intervention.

- MS and Lupus. According to Alicia - It can be managed with a vegan diet and a kind lifestyle. Well - As a person with autoimmune (Sjogrens with multiple neuropathies), I can say that a person with autoimmune had sure in the heck better be on their prescribed medications. A vegan diet and a kind lifestyle might help, but that won't 'manage' the autoimmune. Medication is required. Lupus is deadly. The five year survival rate, premedication, was 50%. With medication it's now up in the 90% s.

- She claims she potty trained her six month old. I say ... bull. Six month olds can't walk to the kiddie toilet. 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 is potty training age. Not six months.

- She's into premastication. That's where she chews up the food and then spits it into the mouth of her baby. Some folks say this is good for the immune system of the baby. But in truth it isn't necessary in todays age and it transfers germs .. including caries.

- Eating your own placenta. Yup. She suggests that human mothers have it made into pill form, or perhaps into a 'tincture' or even into 'smoothies'. I understand cats have to do this for nutritional reasons, but humans do not. If she wants to ... that's her business. But since she put it out in public I get to comment and .... seriously ... YUUUUK.

So I thought I'd pass along Alicia Silverstones advice .... in the ATS 'people' forum where this kind of thing belongs. Feel free to comment .. agree or disagree or add your own.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am torn between laughing and crying! lol

We are all different and I disagree with what she says:

Infertility, I am omnivorous and I had 3 kids in 4 years. My friend, a former vegan, never managed to conceive. It's not all black and white like Alicia thinks!! lol

My kids were all potty trained after they started walking properly, at around 18 months. I have never masticated their food and then put it in their mouths but apparently she is right on this (www.livescience.com...).

And eating my own placenta: I passed on that, thank you very much........I have no cannibalistic instincts!! lol

Great post, S&F for you!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I agree this is a disturbing topic. I agree with your points. I would hope Alicia Silverstone is not recommending to go cold turkey with medical treatment and go vegan if you already have MS and/or Lupus. It may help prevent getting it but certainly going vegan will not manage these diseases alone. You mentioned you have autoimmune. Sorry to here that. Have you read the article Beat systemic lupus naturally which includes the topic of "Leaky gut triggers autoimmunity." "The most commonly found factors leading to this condition include damage to the intestinal wall, long-standing deficiencies in vitamin D3, omega-3 fatty acids and anti-oxidants" and "supplement with 10,000 IU of a high quality emulsified vitamin D3." Can it be managed naturally or a possible full recovery with a vegan diet and supplements instead of medical treatment?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is a South Park episode that will literally write itself. Flyers Fan, you weren't kidding about the eeewwww factor!
On a "eeeewwww" scale of 1 -10, this rates a 900!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

She claims she potty trained her six month old. I say ... bull. Six month olds can't walk to the kiddie toilet. 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 is potty training age. Not six months.

Perhaps she meant she finally had the nanny trained in the way she wanted the diapers changed.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

With past credentials including a movie called "Clueless"....I'd have to quote her from said movie, and reply...
"As if!!!!!"

When she actually has the proper education to back her medical break-thru's...THEN I will consider what she has to say.

Pffft! Masticate food for my twins? I'd have ended up with lock-jaw, tmj and a nervous breakdown....what's next? Licking them clean like a cat?

S&F for weirdness factor!
jacygirl

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
This is a South Park episode that will literally write itself.

The other day I was wondering what South Park would do in the fall for new episodes. They always pull from the hot stories and they always rag on celebrities. I hope they get their hands on this one. It'll be awesome. Plenty of fodder.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
A placenta smoothie!? I'll have a double. And I prefer the monkey brain well done.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Yeah, to each his or her own... Actually, a baby doesn't need to walk to be potty trained. The elimination technique depends on the baby communicating to the mother and the mother takes the baby to to toilet. It's also called infant potty training...

Hold the placenta.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
See, I don't consider that potty trained. To me, potty trained is when the child takes himself or herself to the little kid potty and goes in it. It's not a mother interpreting the look her infant gives and says 'the kid has to go boom boom'. Ya' know?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
A placenta smoothie??????????

Nope...........................

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

OH, You're talking about, 胎衣可入药,作中药时名为紫河车.
Sorry, normally sheep after-birth is used for medicinal purposes but not always. When used as a kind of Chinese traditional medicine, it is usually called the placenta hominis.
I'll attach some Chinese TV Commercials, No, we would never have the Mother Eat it, That's just sick!
But, you can purchase what is known as Sheep Plasenta in tablet or jell tablet form. Yes, from Sheep, not Humans.

Yes, We Chinese have a use for every thing, I can tell you what to buy that's all natural that'll make your husband last longer, but it's more expensive than the blue pill.

edit on 28-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
OK, I went back through some of my old medical books I read and used in China.
I have a passage for you, I remembered some of it last night but I had to check.
Please know, that I did not eat mine and we would not recommend our daughter to if she ever decides to have a chid.
The Mothers Placenta is Called, The Full Of Life Force Organ.
OK, Translated from Mandarin to English:
One of the first and greatest medical and pharmaceutical experts of China, Li Shi-Zhen, included placenta zi he chi as a medicine in his first Traditional Chinese Medicine Material Published in 1578.
Yes, that's 1578.

new topics

top topics

join