It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet - Atlas - Pentagon Using Man-Sized Robots For "Humanitarian" Work

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Let's be honest. If a UFO is actually extraterrestrial it would likely be a robot in origin. Robots like this are the future for terraforming Mars. You couple these robots with the mini nuclear stations, and you could literally build everything you could land on the planet, plus have life support systems setup prior to actual humans arriving. The reality is if we as a species are ever going to colonize a different planet, it will require robots.

But then we might just use them to kill our own species, or maybe we'll go to mars and then use them there to kill our own species.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
In the Near Future These will be in the Streets

DARPA's Police Robot

This is the First Function Humanoid Robot that has a Brain and can Think and Recognized Objects and Remember!
Have the Brain from the ASIMO in this Op Featured Robot and we are in BIG Trouble.

Rise of the Machines is Right .

Next there will be a NEXUS 6 Around the Corner . aka Replicant from the Movie Blade Runner

Terminater T-800 for Sure

or it Could be a Whole New Level !

like in this Trailer from the Movie Called

Surrogates Official Movie Trailer

edit on 28-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

naah, not a government take over of law enforcement, just a corporate one....i mean, we hire contractors to fight wars for us, we hired a corporation to manage prisons.. why not contractors to take over policing?

don't get me wrong, it would be horrible, but i'm just saying the thought has probably crossed some minds before...

oh, and that "darpa police robot"....um, no...it's just an effects film..and i posted that one, in higher quality, on the last page..
edit on 28-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

well, i'm glad you think it's just a novelty, and isn't a big deal....

i guess you missed the part where active research is being done, with the intent to make drones capable of autonomous operation, without a human pilot.

once that happens, it won't be long after, before they have similar software made up for humanoid combat robots. all they need to do is solve the power problem, and it's off to the races, to see how quickly the human race can extinguish itself from history...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Pentagon Using Man-Size Robots For "Humanitarian" Work

That Title alone needs to get the "Oxymoron Title of the Year Award" !!!!!

LOL S&F

Humanitarian all right. My dearest Iranian people, get ready to be freed. A million of those humanitarian machines to a neighborhood near you, very very soon...

Oh the irony...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

naah, not a government take over of law enforcement, just a corporate one....i mean, we hire contractors to fight wars for us, we hired a corporation to manage prisons.. why not contractors to take over policing?

don't get me wrong, it would be horrible, but i'm just saying the thought has probably crossed some minds before...

oh, and that "darpa police robot"....um, no...it's just an effects film..and i posted that one, in higher quality, on the last page..

Ok Your Right The goverment is run by Corperations it all in the funding best example of explanation is a Clip from a Movie called ! NETWORK made in 1976 The Famed the World is a Bussiness Speech.

practicaly is what i was getting at .

The Darpa Polica Robot is a WHAT IF . in the Near Future

When you think of the Honda ASIMO Robot that has a Extreme (A.I. ) and having the Funtionality of the Robot the OP has Posted we will have a serious problem .

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Wow thanks, not seen that particular asimo video before, the sign language was superb, well it all was really... Can you imagine in 20 years time? Or when they outfit their brains with quatum computers lol...

I do think singularity is where we will NEED to head to survive. If not then terminator and we get wiped out! Lol

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
Wow thanks, not seen that particular asimo video before, the sign language was superb, well it all was really... Can you imagine in 20 years time? Or when they outfit their brains with quatum computers lol...

I do think singularity is where we will NEED to head to survive. If not then terminator and we get wiped out! Lol

Your Welcome

right .

wouldnt be the terminator if ..

Three Laws of Robotics
en.wikipedia.org...

A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.[1]

well seeing its from DARPA . Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency

Its a Good, Luck On That kind of thing. Key WORD Defense. if you know what i Mean.

The DARPA Robotic Challenge
www.theroboticschallenge.org...

The DRC is a competition of robot systems and software teams vying to develop robots capable of assisting humans in responding to natural and man-made disasters. It was designed to be extremely difficult. Participating teams, representing some of the most advanced robotics research and development organizations in the world, are collaborating and innovating on a very short timeline to develop the hardware, software, sensors, and human-machine control interfaces that will enable their robots to complete a series of challenge tasks selected by DARPA for their relevance to disaster response.

Yeah Right Only Disaster. or How about Marshall Law for a Case of a Disaster!

Ahh just think of a Disaster Hurricane Katrina a Replacement of Corporate ( Private Security Service ) called Black Water Hired by the Goverment !

Academi ( aka Black Water )
en.wikipedia.org...

Its a Strange Vibe Feeling.

Then Again I think to MUCH . LOL

edit on 28-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Seeing this .

Elysium (2013) - Featurette : Special Ops [HD]

Reminds me of this in the Making ( see videos on the Site to the right on the Page )

The DARPA Robotic Challenge

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
All those Transhumanist Brainy Scumbags apparently didn't take in the moral message and direct warning of the Blockbuster Movie I-robot! It's already hard enough to find a legit Job with minimum education or tiny resume. Just F-ing great, looks like I will be competing with Johnny Number 5 in the near future.
edit on 28-4-2014 by imearthslasthope because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Looks like Star Wars Attack of the Clones was not Sci-fi after all. The Clone Robot Armies of Obama is coming to Town near you soon!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Perhaps

Anyhow, the robotic hand movements are impressive - pity they didn't demonstrate its' gait.

If the hand dexterity is that advanced, you can bet the rest of it moves just as fluidly. It can probably run, crouch, crawl, jump, skip, hula hoop, rollerblade...you name it. No expense was spared on this little government toy.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Our Secrets aren't very secret. That is why the Future is Unsafe, even if all these Robots had no Kill Switch we are more than enough capable of destroying ourselves. The Atlas Robot of DARPA's was exposed by DARPA they simply are showing to our enemies and competitors our Tech and now that gives them more than enough time to duplicate it and use it against us to invade. You don't wanna start a war with Asians they have mastered the Mech far before we even stratched the surface. The Asimo Robot of Honda's is capable of killing humans if it's programming was tampered with. They won't do it know. They will wait until everyone has a Pet Slave Robot before they turn their Kill Human IQ switch on.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Network is an excellent, yet underrated film....

and yes, i know the robot film is a "what if", what i'm saying is that it's not an illustration of anything currently under development by DARPA. it's a short film, described as "a faux advertisement for a third-world robotic police". in other words, it's a total fiction, and not something we're likely to see walking down our streets anytime...well, ever..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

It's a Prophecy film and it makes people think yes it was vulgar and funny for the time it was beyond knowledge for the World was just desensitized with War as a way of showing our patriotism we watched the Wars Death Toll Tallys on the News like it was a Superbowl Football Game it could have been Obama feeding Christians to Lions and our Brainwashed Society would cheer for their Courage and Sacrifice. The same way we cheer the Brainwashed Killing Machines ordered to fight in Wars for Big Business and to control the Enemies Drugs with our Troops until the Gov can sell them safely back to the Columbians and Mexican Cartels which bring them right back to idiot Americans. War is not good for the Economy of the downtrotten only for the Rich Elite and their Cocaine/drug Suppliers. I can't believe so many idiots in my Country believe 911 wasn't an inside Job when all the Evidence clearly shows that is WAS! A Smart Hippy showed me how to not be a sheeple and he showed me the Enemy was the Federal Banking System not the Government they was just the Enforcers of a large and global Mafia. You can call them the Mob that is what they are. They steal from us they extort our Farmers and they jack our minds and push their religion on everyone else. Many people have no clue who the Illuminati is or what Planet they are from. Soon they will leave Earth to Colonize Mars. That tells me something very bad is about to happen to Earth. The Elysians the .25% of the Earth's Population are Jumping Ship on a One way Ticket to Mars...NASA knows why and I must tell you my vision. Solar Flare...That is why. So why worry about the Illuminati? This is why...This maybe all planned - HAARP has the technology to bring Earth to it's Untimely End. That is one Prophecy for you to doc. later. The GOAL remains the same Enslave Humans with AI Robots transhumanize a small percent of humanity kill off the rest in a great purge.]

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: imearthslasthope

um...ok then....

Welcome to ATS

perhaps after you get settled in, you can explain to me exactly what the FRAK you just said.....i'm at a bit of a loss...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I can see it's time to buy a 50 cal. with rufus rounds. The drones will point you out, and the robots will humanitarianly finish you. What's next mobile cremation units? You will just disappear never to be heard from again. Remember when you hear the buzzing overhead and the sound of hydraulics approaching don't run you will just die tired. Grab your 50 Cal. and take action. Where is John Connor when you need him?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

Network is an excellent, yet underrated film....

and yes, i know the robot film is a "what if", what i'm saying is that it's not an illustration of anything currently under development by DARPA. it's a short film, described as "a faux advertisement for a third-world robotic police". in other words, it's a total fiction, and not something we're likely to see walking down our streets anytime...well, ever..

Yes it is a Very Underrated Film indeed Network

The Short Film is interesting it just of how the Robot Android would Work.

Tho DARPA is taking Baby Steps right Now that May Show that Reality of that Short Film .

It Will Not Happen Over Night . as I have Posted The DARPA Robotic Challenge on the DARPA site and If you Look at the Videos or the Right Side of the Page . of the In the Works. ( It Looks to me that DARPA is Recruiting Corporations for Contracting) www.theroboticschallenge.org... and if you Jump of to The Honda Site of Their Robot named Asimo which has been around for the last Decade with its Own Artificial Intelligence and also can be Used by Remote using the Human Brain Alone.

So you have One DARPA creating a Robot for Disaster Response ( possibly Defense Militant ) and Two , Honda Corporation Creating A Robot for Personal Use at Home , Industrial & Commercial Company's and Plans for Space Exploration and even have the Robot on the Moon to Mars So far, more Less Trying to make Asimov's I Robot a Reality Note The Name ASIMO. You say it Wont Happen (Ever) maybe not until the next 2 decades or 100 years from now. Though in present day Company are making the Steps. Right Now they are in the late 70s pocket Digital calculator Stage . They have a long ways to go till they get to the Smartphone or Iphone ( aka Mini PC Tablet ) Stage. that if you can see it in that perspective I wouldn't say Never Ever.

2013 DARPA Robotic Challenge Trials Overview

edit on 29-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
its the future, and to quell an uprising the government has sent in; robo-soldier (or some other godawful name that would come out of the project managers).

>robo-soldier; costs a hell of a lot more than a regular soldier; has no real benefits. (you still need a human to pilot it; its made using really expensive batteries and chips; made by government contractors)
>robosoldier; whomes connection to a human controller can have latency issues depending on cloud-cover and/or cell-signal strength.
>robosoldier; who's greatest step in development was being able to reliably walk up stairs without falling on its face.
>robosoldier; because why the f^^k not?

a sort of spider/crab like robot would be more practical; it would be easier to balance; have an easier time bearing loads; have a lower profile while granting a fair amount of speed; possibly have multiple-uses, etc.
edit on 29-4-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

oh, i have no doubt we'll see robotic soldiers on our streets within my lifetime....the human race seems determined to see how fast it can snuff itself from history....

my whole point is that that little vid wasn't an example of one currently in development...that is to say, it's not a DARPA demo reel......believe it or not, it was actually made by the same guy who wrote District 9, and Elysium ...notice how the robots look similar...he designed them all...he also did the "alive with technology" commercials for Citroen, along with a bunch of other robot-related stuff...he's quite handy with 3d modeling, rendering, and film editing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join