link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

Sure there's date conflicts.

What is the real timeline?

What???

You're kidding right?

"SURE THERE'S DATE CONFLICTS?"

So, we're supposed to ignore the fact that a letter written in 2012 is supposed to be directly influencing events back in 2010?

Are you asserting that there's time travel involved? Sorcery? What?

Or, as I suspect, you copied and pasted from one of your sources without really thinking it though because, hey, it just might be that smoking gun that's just refusing to smoke.

Looks yet ANOTHER swing and amiss to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: xuenchen

Appalling and despicable.

Was it appalling and despicable when Bush and his cronies did the exact same thing? Both sides use the IRS like a weapon against their political rivals. Is it the right thing to do? No it isn't but to act like only one side does it is ludicrous.

And to act like the fact BOTH do it, means its okay, is a morally bankrupt argument.

Both parties and its members should face the courts for everything they have done in the name of the people.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Considering the IRS is under investigation it's self. There should be NO 32 Congressmen from either party, even suggesting the IRS scrutinize targeted applicants.

I guess it's just an unfortunate occurrence, it's 32 Democratic Congressmen who wrote, and submitted that letter.

Des

edit on 27-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Geniuses at Work !!

Here's an ATS thought: Do you think it's possible that this is going to get so big that it will be impossible to prosecute?

With this level of troweling-over by the media, anything is possible.
kind of like the Amityville Whores in real life---"Too pig to flail."
It's amazing with even the soft pedaling there hasn't been something
huge and organic growing in the streets of DC by now. We're now
so cerebrally detached from politics the American body politic IS
the collective zombie. I think X was right years ago.....

EDIT:: It's time. I'm going to sign out, fire up Diablo II Expansion
and chop up a few boar demons. They SPLATter when you stab
the inflated ones, and make a noise like impromptu jigh velocity
pork chops. Oh yeah, and turn on DeathFM for the background music.
More Boars!
edit on 27-4-2014 by derfreebie because: More Undergang for sure--- SNORT

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Are you talking about Issa's current "investigations" via the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee? I don't believe these were in place at the time of the letter in question, however, if we're using xuenchen's time machine still ...

These "issues" have been milked for nothing more than political gain (as is everything that Issa does with no results) actually relate to a few individuals in one regional IRS office.

The costs of Issa's IRS investigation are even more staggering. His probe of that agency has cost at least $14 million and more than 97,000 hours, according to IRS Commissioner John Koskinen.

Issa launched that investigation in response to allegations in 2012 that the IRS was singling out and rejecting Tea Party groups applying for tax exempt status. But a closer review showed that the IRS was similarly targeting progressive groups, which invalidated GOP claims that the agency was pursuing conservative groups for political reasons. The review also indicated that the IRS was appropriately targeting all politically affiliated groups seeking tax-exempt status.

Nonetheless, Issa has been trying to make the case that President Barack Obama used the IRS to target political enemies in an election year. To date, the committee has reviewed more than 500,000 documents and interviewed 38 former and current IRS employees, but produced no evidence of any political motivation behind the IRS' activities or of White House involvement in such an effort.

Issa's latest plan is to hold the IRS Commissioner in contempt for failing to produce certain documents. That charge comes as another top Republican, House Ways and Means Committee Chairman David Camp (Mich.), recently praised the IRS for its cooperation with document requests. It also comes at a time when, as reported by Politico, more than half a dozen Republicans on those two committees are venting frustrations with Issa's handling of the IRS probe and have signaled it's time to move on.

"There is a perception that if your case is rock-solid, it doesn't need months to sort it out," Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), a member of the Oversight committee and someone interested in replacing Issa as chairman, told Politico.

Source - Huffington Post

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I for one would love to see the IRS go after corporate welfare.

However, since both sides of the political coin profit from that structure ... I doubt we'll see that any time soon.

I would actually love to know the number of 501(c)(4)'s that WERE involved in illegal political activity that have been ignored because of this stuntage ... I'm fairly sure that's the real conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Seems George Soros is up to his eyeballs as well.

(May 2013 story)

As IRS efforts targeting politically-conservative groups gained momentum, George Soros-funded liberal groups repeatedly called on the IRS to investigate conservative nonprofit organizations.

While the first reported instances of extra IRS scrutiny for conservative groups began in Cincinnati in March of 2010, the attacks began to pick up steam on a national level soon after Soros-funded groups began firing off letters to the IRS in October of that year - following the Supreme Court's Citizens United ruling.

The talking points of these groups then bounced around a carefully created progressive "echo chamber," until they eventually made their way into established media outlets. Key IRS policy changes about how it investigated conservative groups took place soon after it received three separate letters sent by Soros-funded liberal organizations.

Soros Gave $6.1 Million to Groups Linked to Pressure on IRS to Target Conservative Nonprofits

Soros has hundreds of those juicy 501(c)(4) outfits all over the place.

Citizens United put him in a wild frenzy rage.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Soros financed the whole thing. He's an expert bribe artist. He's brilliant.

Very aggressive competition involved.

here's an old thread about it .. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Bingo...the letter was written and signed by 32 Democratic Congressmen...for political gain.

You act as if you think Issa has not had any blockades to deal with in oversight investigations...I think your naivety slip is showing.

Des

edit on 27-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Of course, time to toss Soros into the mix.

Always good to distract from the facts that your OP makes no logical sense.

Smoke screen, red herring, rinse repeat.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Bingo...the letter was written and singed by 32 Democratic Congressmen...for political gain.

You act as if you think Issa has not had any blockades to deal with in oversight investigations...I think your naivety slip is showing.

Des

Bingo? Did you win something? Congrats?

You didn't prove anything. You've offered no facts. No references. Nothing.

Are you KIDDING about Issa? The members of his own party and and own committee are telling him it's time to let the obsession go. You've got to be kidding. Millions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of documents, thousands of hours of interviews and NOTHING of substance discovered?

I'm naive? Have you heard of Occam's Razor?

Might want to check your own stubble first ...

edit on 18Sun, 27 Apr 2014 18:36:10 -050014p062014466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join